Name One good player move Nix / Gailey have made?

BuffaloinLA

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know what it looks like........ the last 10 years. :wallbash:

you could not be any more wrong. we have not been terrible for 10 years, we've been mediocre and afraid to strip the organization down to nothing and build from the ground up. well we're tearing it apart now and we're seeing the terrible team that most complete rebuild projects need to see. had to get worse before it will ever get any better than mediocre.

I disagree, CJ is running behind a terrible line. I have seen enough of what he can do with a crack of daylight to be sure he is the real deal. I recall OJ struggling until a decent line was finally assembled. Yeah, I'm that old.

Every year people hear abouts go on and on about trading down as if doing so is simply a matter of choosing that option at the buffet. You need a trading partner. There are always, always more teams that want to trade down

than teams who want to trade up. We have no idea if that option was open to them so getting on their case for not doing it is just pure guesswork.

This is a team that hardly had a player worthy of being an NFL starter anywhere on offense. On defense, switching to a 3-4 requires a complete overhaul of your defensive roster to get the people with the right skill set to thrive in

3-4. That is way more than can be accomplished in a single off season. In retrospect, we would have been better off going with the 4-3, at least in the short term. They bit off more than they could chew. Instead of a 2 year rebuild, we are

probably looking at 3-4.

Seems to me CJ needs to learn how to use his blockers better. He must have been so fast in college that he could make it around the edge regardless of what his blockers were doing. He needs to take what is there for him instead of trying to outrace defenders, they're too fast in the NFL.

Oh you mean the guy who was the starting RB? Because Lynch was the starting RB in games 2-3-4.

a who knows 3rd round pick and a conditional pick in 2 years for a #9-1st rounder

Trading him NOW instead of on draft day when Nix could have gotten a 4th to help this horridly bad team THIS YEAR, not to mention losing RB Joique Bell to the Eagles...

is there proof that we coulda got more

I can't think of any. Spiller is the closest as he is a very good player, but not what we needed... so I agree that won't qualify. Cornell Green was a bonehead move, Letting TO and Incognito go was a bonehead move. I don't think there is any...not one good player move made all year.

The worst move to date (of the above) was Icognito. Lousy at pass protection, but a very tough run blocker who (if he could keep his nose clean , and that's a big if for Icognito) would have allowed Wood to move inside or at least get stronger before being pressed back into service. Wood clearly has struggled a bit, and may have returned before he was truly ready.

I still like the Spiller pick though.

For anyone not watching the games, Dwan Edwards is the only other DL who plays very well throughout entire game besides Kyle Williams. He was a good pick up. Cornell Green is a stop gap until one of teh rookies take over (3 years with virtually nothing guaranteed means we walk away from him whenever a rookie is ready to take over). Moving Stevie Johnson to #2 seems to be working out, getting Roscoe involved has certainly helped... Trading a player in his walk year for two draft picks was smart. Cutting multiple 1st through 3rd round busts is needed. Picking up a guy like Urbrik is a talent infusion for cheap. Torbor is serviceable, all be it, not flashy.

and finally spiller, who everyone is freaking out is a bust. The kid has plenty to offer and will. Fortunately for us we are not the Chargers or Lions who were so desperate they NEEDED their RBs to be plugged in right away. He has talent, as does Fred Jackosn. Let him learn from Fred and use them to compliment each other. He isn't maybin. This kid has scored a lot of TDs and has been a heck of a player in college. He didn't suddenly lose talent over-night. So everyone chill...

as for maybin - that could be Nix's best move of all - cutting the cat who has a guaranteed contract that is taking up a roster spot with unpredictable outcomes. Thanks DJ!

Investing the off-season in Trent Edwards. :ph34r:

The rumor is that Nix never even picked up the phone and called other teams to shop Lynch. When the Seahawks called, he just took the deal as they offered it.

Not fair. He just got one of those new fancy dancy Droid phones and con't figure how to use it. He keeps calling up RW by accident every time he uses it.

Investing the off-season in Trent Edwards. :ph34r:

The rumor is that Nix never even picked up the phone and called other teams to shop Lynch. When the Seahawks called, he just took the deal as they offered it.

Where did that rumor come from? I don't buy it.

Aside from cutting Trent, can anyone name ONE positive move that the Bills Front Office has made in the past year?

I don't consider drafting Spiller a good move because

a) we did not need a RB

b) he has not contributed much this year

c) even if he was best player available, we could have traded down and drafted a LB and OT.

I agree with you 100% wrt Spiller, but taking Troup and Carrington would appear to be sound moves.

Or we could have traded down and got Best or McCluster who are just as good, if not better than Spiller! :oops:

1- Better over 5 games on teams that utilize them more and have better talent.... Strong Case!

2- Traded down???? Right for sure we could have traded down just because you wanted to!

Wilson we agree on our love for Phish and opinions on Lee Evans, but the many many posts you've made about these other 2 backs I can't go along with. I see absolutely nothing about Spiller so far that doesn't tell me he's gonna be a great player.

Davis actually improved the LB squad, they are even worse against the run without him. Dwan Edwards seems like a decent role player and an upgrade over what would otherwise be there, extending McIntyre, cutting Hardy, cutting Ellis, Getting Trade value out of spleef mode, making Parrish part of the O, cutting Reed, making use of Johnson, picking up UDFA Nelson are at the top of the least after getting a final ruling on TE and closing that chapter.

This..

Drafting Spiller

Drafting Troupe

Trading Lynch

Not Drafting QB in 2010 Draft

Committing to rebuilding the franchise from the bottom up

Signing Kyle Urbik

Cutting Hardy

Not Resigning Owens (great production from Stevie Johnson).

and this..

Aside from cutting Trent, can anyone name ONE positive move that the Bills Front Office has made in the past year?

a) we did not need a RB

c) even if he was best player available, we could have traded down and drafted a LB and OT.

You know this, or you ought to. You can't judge a draft for three years. Since we have gone out of our way to say that we're building through the draft, there's no way to evaluate yet. Except ignorant guessing, and we'll see tons and tons of that here, but it will indeed be ignorant. None of us know how good or bad these moves are yet. That's the bottom line.

As for FA moves, they're easier to judge more quickly. Bringing in Andra Davis for a reasonably cheap price was a pretty good move. Dwan Edwards too.

But when you're rebuilding, you don't want to do too much, otherwise you miss out on the early round draft picks next year.

a) we did not need a RB

A) Lynch wanted out of Buffalo and Fred Jackson is not a long term fix at RB so RB may not have been an immediate need but it wasn't all that terrible. Considering there wasn't a QB, OLB or OT worth that spot, it wasn't all that bad of a pick.

B) He hasn't contributed because of Lynch. He's now gone so you'll be seeing much more of him.

C) Should've traded down. Yea, cuz it's SOOOO easy to trade down. I hope you understand that in order to trade down, we have to find another team that would want to trade up and pay the money for a top 10 pick. Not many teams are willing to do so unless they see a prospect that is a can't miss.

a) we did not need a RB

Sorry, but your stance on Spiller suggests that you don't know much about what is good for this team...Didn't need him? First of all, I love Freddy J, but he IS 29. Second, they knew what they had in Lynch...a good, not great RB, who is one false move away from a year long suspension and he really didn't, ever, want to be here. Taking Spiller wasn't just a good move, it was a great move. He is/will be a dynamic player with unmatched character that will be here for many years to come...qaside from the fact that he was the most talented kid in the entire draft. I hate to keep saying this, but you need to stop expecting an immediate turn around with an organization that was in as bad of shape as the Bills were/are when Nix & Gailey inherited them.

The next best move(s) were not taking a QB and a LT in this past years draft without having the #1 overall selection. Proof is in the pudding folks...why draft a ? in a position of need!