Is Alex Smith and Option for Buffalo?

JPicc2114

I highly doubt Alex Smith will be with the 9ers next year. Is he a viable option for Buffalo to hold the QB position down until a young QB develops? It could also allow the Bills to draft a Tackle in the first round instead of a QB.

Edited by Mr. Negative

I highly doubt Alex Smith will be with the 9ers next year. Is he a viable option for Buffalo to hold the QB position down until a young QB develops? It could also allow the Bills to draft a Tackle in the first round instead of a QB.

In my opinion, no. I don't think the Bills should go after Smith. I think we need to get our franchise QB in April. We've had mediocrity or sub-mediocrity at the QB position for far too long now. And if we were to go after a QB in free agency, it would have to be a big time guy, and I don't think we could offer enough money to anyone worthwhile to come here.

Luck, Locker, Mallett or bust....

In my opinion, no. I don't think the Bills should go after Smith. I think we need to get our franchise QB in April. We've had mediocrity or sub-mediocrity at the QB position for far too long now. And if we were to go after a QB in free agency, it would have to be a big time guy, and I don't think we could offer enough money to anyone worthwhile to come here.

Luck, Locker, Mallett or bust....

hate Alex Smith isn't what we need anyway..... so you want to start a rookie behind this beast of an offensive line, maybe he can end up as good as Trent........um :death:

Is this a serious question? Alex Smith? There is a reason he won't be on the 49ers next year...

Edited by Alphadawg7

The only thing Smith has proven is that he doesnt belong to be a starting NFL QB...

Having watched a few niners games through the years... I really do wonder what he would be with competent coaching. Hes shown ability, but what a mess that team is. How many different coordinators in how many years? OC already fired, David Carr walking out to the huddle lastnight after they decided not to pull the Smith. What a mess....

Hilarious. Bills fans will do anything not to draft a quarterback. Can't be the lovable losers if you take the steps necessary to compete in the NFL.

Maybe we can bring in Jason Campbell, Matt Hasselbeck, Alex Smith, and Jake Delhomme and have a rip roarin' good time. Run some sort of wildcat variant that features 3 washed up quarterbacks at once.

We'll call it the Last Chance offense.

Fortunately, I think we're down to the last couple of clueless holdouts that don't recognize that without the hope of a franchise caliber, elite-level NFL quarterback, the franchise will never pull out of its tailspin.

No to Alex Smith. The Bills already have enough garbage on this team they don't need some other teams trash.