Wouldn't be shocked to see George Edwards fired this week.

Cuze

I was at the game today and as always are D didn't have a clue. I don't think if i'm head coach of a Nfl football team i'm not gonna hire a DC thats never been one before. All our other head coach;s hired OC with no experience, and they paid for it. Our new coach now made the same mistake with defence now he's paying for it. I'd like to see someone in there who has at least done it before and has been proven like Ted Cotrel for thought.

I don't see GE getting fired during the bye week, because they now know how little talent they inherited. And that they drastically exacerbated this dearth of players by converting to a scheme for which they could not staff.

But most of all, they won't fire Edwards because it would indicate their initial decisions were wrong. In this case, firing a DC isn't going to make that side of the ball better. Besides, who are you going to elevate? Giff Smith? Bob Sanders? Those are unappealing options IMO.

I was at the game today and as always are D didn't have a clue. I don't think if i'm head coach of a Nfl football team i'm not gonna hire a DC thats never been one before. All our other head coach;s hired OC with no experience, and they paid for it. Our new coach now made the same mistake with defence now he's paying for it. I'd like to see someone in there who has at least done it before and has been proven like Ted Cotrel for thought.

as bad as Edwards may be , Cottrell is worse if he does not have Wade Phillips covering for him

Cottrell has been fired as DC from 4 different teams- 

sounds about right for the Bills

as bad as Edwards may be , Cottrell is worse if he does not have Wade Phillips covering for him

Cottrell has been fired as DC from 4 different teams- 

sounds about right for the Bills

I thought about him but you're right, he hasn't been able to be good without Wade. Still would be better than Edwards, because he would at least know where to line up the current players we have.

Bills are over matched on defense at every position.....they are soo much saller then other teams....i mean when the jags had the game won, everyone knew they would run the ball and they still couldn't stop it....but I will tell you this Carrington is one big MFer!!!!

It's not scheme right now... it's that our players suck. It has nothing to do with coaching and everything to do with the lack of talent we put on the field each week.

Actually it's both. We're always in it in the first half, then at halftime the other team makes adjustments and we don't and the Bills get blown out. Listening to the game, Mark Kelso is making comments "this guy is way out of place" "this guy didn't understand where he was supposed to be on that play". It was like that all game long. Nobody knows what the hell they are doing out there.

What would firing George Edwards do? It wouldn't improve the defense. George Edwards is not the problem here. Our front 7 (Poz included) sucks. I'd keep K.Williams but thats about it. If it was year 2 or 3 of this coaching staff then yes , by all means GE is a goner . However , its year one of 3-4 year franchise makeover and firing GE would only cause our defense to regress (if that's possible).

If your trying to send a message then I would seriously consider cutting Stroud to let the defense know that under-achievers will not be tolerated and that you better perform or hit the unemployment line. Thats a move that should be made here , releasing our rookie DC with very limited talent does nothing.

I don't see GE getting fired during the bye week, because they now know how little talent they inherited. And that they drastically exacerbated this dearth of players by converting to a scheme for which they could not staff.

But most of all, they won't fire Edwards because it would indicate their initial decisions were wrong. In this case, firing a DC isn't going to make that side of the ball better. Besides, who are you going to elevate? Giff Smith? Bob Sanders? Those are unappealing options IMO.

The talent level isn't much worse than last year...I'd say it's better actually. I miss perry

It's not scheme right now... it's that our players suck. It has nothing to do with coaching and everything to do with the lack of talent we put on the field each week.

We have serviceable talent on the line, solid (almost) elite talent in the backfield, and NO talent at linebacker. IMO, those even themselves out to equal decent all-around talent IF you maximize on what you're good at, and that, my friend, is coaching. LINK

Oh really?? So if Jim Haslet would have come to Buffalo to help Gailey as his DC, like he did for Shanahan in Washington, you think his defense would look this bad?? Sorry, I don't buy your opinion that coaching has nothing to do with it. Haslet would take these same players and give them some blitz packages and schemes to help their lack of talent - not try to fit them into a 3-4 system that just about none of them knew how to play. If coaching has nothing to do with how bad the Bills are playing this season, how on earth did they finish 2nd against the pass last year, with the exact same players covering? :doh:

I hate this argument. People on this D are in the wrong place all over the field. That's not talent guys. It's coaching. Yes, we have some small, weak players on D, but get them in the right spot and this offense can at least compete. 27 - 33 points is supposed to be enough to win in this league. George Edwards is an epic fail as DC.