Have You All Been Paying Attention ??

T master

Last week there were 2 trades - one by our beloved Bills and the other by the Patriots .

I happened to notice before the trade of Marshawn though how a lot of people on this blog were saying trading Marshawn would be stupid , He's our best guy BLAH BLAH BLAH :thumbsup: !!

While you all have been whining have you noticed just what the Pats have done ?? Last year they traded Seymor - still a good player - got A - one draft pick - this year traded Maroney - still a decent back - got another pick - then the block buster Randy Moss - 3rd all time in touchdowns, probably a 1st ballad hall of famer - A or ONE 3rd round draft pick, not 2 or 3 but just one !!!

BUT the Bills were jerks to get rid of Marshawn for a forth & a conditional 6th or 5th , so we got 2 picks for one maybe decent back (that has really yet to prove anything) & the Pats got ONE for a 1st ballad hall of fame WR .

If the Bills faithful would notice how a great team is built & maintained (such as the Pats) then i think we would see that Nix & Gailey might be on to something , or you all can just continue to keep your blinders on & do whats been done here for years. keep complaining every time a average player is traded .

This year the Pats have 2 First round picks - 2 second rounders - 2 third rounders & 2 forth round picks BUT THEY ALL CAME AT A PRICE IT'S CALLED THE FUTURE !!

So keeping with that theme it wouldn't bother me a bit if Lee Evans was next & if his production on the field doesn't pick up it may be sooner rather than later. Which i think he is a #2 WR any way not a #1 .

I also was watching the NFL network and found something out this week that i thought you all might find as interesting as i did -- the 1998 Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos only had ONE 1st round draft pick on the entire squad & that was John Elway . The rest of the team were UDFA or 3rd round or later picks . Shannon Sharp the best TE in NFL history(by the numbers) was a SEVENTH ROUNDER - Terrell Davis - 4th rounder so you don't need a bunch of high draft picks to build a great team & if your building for longevity turn over of veteran players is vital to build long term stability .

Buffalo fans and team need a total revamp in the thought process of how this team should be built & i for one think the new powers that be are on to something & should keep up the good work ............

Last week there were 2 trades - one by our beloved Bills and the other by the Patriots .

I happened to notice before the trade of Marshawn though how a lot of people on this blog were saying trading Marshawn would be stupid , He's our best guy BLAH BLAH BLAH :thumbsup: !!

While you all have been whining have you noticed just what the Pats have done ?? Last year they traded Seymor - still a good player - got A - one draft pick - this year traded Maroney - still a decent back - got another pick - then the block buster Randy Moss - 3rd all time in touchdowns, probably a 1st ballad hall of famer - A or ONE 3rd round draft pick, not 2 or 3 but just one !!!

BUT the Bills were jerks to get rid of Marshawn for a forth & a conditional 6th or 5th , so we got 2 picks for one maybe decent back (that has really yet to prove anything) & the Pats got ONE for a 1st ballad hall of fame WR .

If the Bills faithful would notice how a great team is built & maintained (such as the Pats) then i think we would see that Nix & Gailey might be on to something , or you all can just continue to keep your blinders on & do whats been done here for years. keep complaining every time a average player is traded .

This year the Pats have 2 First round picks - 2 second rounders - 2 third rounders & 2 forth round picks BUT THEY ALL CAME AT A PRICE IT'S CALLED THE FUTURE !!

So keeping with that theme it wouldn't bother me a bit if Lee Evans was next & if his production on the field doesn't pick up it may be sooner rather than later. Which i think he is a #2 WR any way not a #1 .

I also was watching the NFL network and found something out this week that i thought you all might find as interesting as i did -- the 1998 Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos only had ONE 1st round draft pick on the entire squad & that was John Elway . The rest of the team were UDFA or 3rd round or later picks . Shannon Sharp the best TE in NFL history(by the numbers) was a SEVENTH ROUNDER - Terrell Davis - 4th rounder so you don't need a bunch of high draft picks to build a great team & if your building for longevity turn over of veteran players is vital to build long term stability .

Buffalo fans and team need a total revamp in the thought process of how this team should be built & i for one think the new powers that be are on to something & should keep up the good work ............

OK, soooooo. When is the last time the Patriots rewarded someone like Kelsay a big contract? Who is their Kelsay? Someone who they gave a lot of money to, plays out of position, and sucks?

#2 - Think the Pats would have taken a toy (Spiller) when the rest of the team sucks? Those are two very questionable things in a short period of time so far. Actually, the Kelsay deal is purely a joke. The Spiller pick is very risky and will probably work out great or end horribly. I don't think there will be a middle ground there. Nix will either look like a genius or fool when his time is done pertaining to the Spiller choice.

Edited by Lv-Bills

Really, I kind of agree with most of your post but no one else will, you and I are just "homers". This fanbase is mad as hell and they won't take it anymore.

I know it will take time and patience and RW knows too. It is what it is.

Personally I think we didn't do much this FA because we knew it would be an evaluation year (and the probable LO/ strike/CBA agreement), they (the FO) hoped for better but implemented a lot of changes and are trying to coach up a bunch of underachivers. At the same time they now have plenty of cap space.

I am hoping we work the FA market for real this year (we will have a purse and the FA class is about 2x the size of this years).

We will draft high, hopefully have a few extra picks.

We will have a season of practice games that should give a lot of players experience and weed out the crap.

It was a rebuilding year anyway, we all hoped for better but we will get there.

Most of the moves this year haven't looked that bad IMO.

I completely agree. The Bills can't quite trade as well as the Patriots yet simply because of the lack of talent on the squad, but I agree that is is a goal to operate like this. And I completely agree about Evans. I'd very much like to see him dealt for another pick next season. It's time to move forward without Evans. I'd rather go with the young guys this year since -- barring a miracle -- the playoffs are out of the question anyhow. May as well go with the youth movement at this stage. If we can get a 3rd or 4th for Evans, that would be wonderful news.

I doubt Lee is going anywhere (at least during the year) after hearing Buddy talk about core team leaders and seeing other guys excell who are ex-Bills around the league. Marshawn on the other hand, well he was still one mistake away from a suppension at our only overloaded position w/ his contract up after this year. We don't have many trade options; maybe Whitner or Florance and as we will see this week they both are our depth or starters so they prolly not going anywhere either.

Now during the off season I could see some cuts and trades happening this year. Buddy wants draft picks and we will know real well who blows and if we have any depth.

Edited by bowery4

I would like to believe the OP's suggestion that the Bills are just trying to accumulate draft picks like the Patsies do. If that were the case, then why didn't we trade out of the Spiller pick? Every year there are rumors that the Patsies are trying to trade out of there first round pick. Some will say we tried, but I'm not one of them. You can always find a dance partner you just have to pick an uglier girl.

Please explain what a first ballad hall of famer is? Something to do with 80s music?

Have you ever heard of the Pro Football Hall of Fame ?? It's in Canton Ohio --they play a football game there every year before the FOOTBALL season it's called the

HALL OF FAME GAME :doh:

MAN YOU UDFA ARE REALLY SCARING ME !!

Edited by T master

Your post is unintelligible.

A 3rd round pick is worth more than a 4th and 6th.

After 3 rounds, the chance of hitting on your picks drops significantly.

And the Marshawn trade may have been stupid because they didn't shop around for a better deal (Glazer).

I doubt Lee is going anywhere

Do you know why? Because he's untradable.

No one will pick up his contract. To get rid of him, we'd have to cut him. More games like the Jets and that might happen.

Have you ever heard of the Pro Football Hall of Fame ?? It's in Canton Ohio --they play a football game there every year before the FOOTBALL season it's called the

ballot - A ballot is a device (originally a small BALL) used to record choices made by a LOT of voters.

ballad - A ballad is a form of verse, often a narrative set to music by a LAD.

Hope this helps.

haha wow. the school system really failed you.

please elaborate more on these ballads you speak of, and how they relate to the pro football hall of fame. i am intrigued

Well. I will say that the big difference is that the Pats are clearly getting the best of the deals.

Wasn't Seymour traded to Oakland for a 1st round pick?

Didn't they trade a 4th round pick to Oakland for Randy Moss, then trade him to Minnesota for a 3rd?

In our case, Lynch was a #1 pick, and we get a 4th and a conditional for him?

I applaud the team for finally admitting to itself its problems, but we are not getting good bang for our draft pick buck, and this, atleast to me, makes another case for Modrak to be sent packing.

haha wow. the school system really failed you.

please elaborate more on these ballads you speak of, and how they relate to the pro football hall of fame. i am intrigued

Jus gows tue show hou narou mineded en pety som ov bils fanz cen b tue mis tha hoal premis ov tha artekle en foakus on aye mistaek ! Noeing now watt i em deeling wif ,wif U en a fue othors i wil jus poast et en a wae awl dinks everee wair cen uze tha hoal artekle tue pek aepart en cuntenyou tue pruve yure supearioritea en ignerrents . soe weth et beeing sed i acknolege yur souper intelagints . cuntinyou ohn o grate whons !!! :worthy: i onlea hoap whon dae tue bea az intelejent az yue !!!

Jus gows tue show hou narou mineded en pety som ov bils fanz cen b tue mis tha hoal premis ov tha artekle en foakus on aye mistaek ! Noeing now watt i em deeling wif ,wif U en a fue othors i wil jus poast et en a wae awl dinks everee wair cen uze tha hoal artekle tue pek aepart en cuntenyou tue pruve yure supearioritea en ignerrents . soe weth et beeing sed i acknolege yur souper intelagints . cuntinyou ohn o grate whons !!! :worthy: i onlea hoap whon dae tue bea az intelejent az yue !!!

This is like when ugly people dress emo so they can pretend they were trying to be ugly.