Is it Time to Root for 0-16 Yet?

I know some people consider it to be in bad taste to root for your team to go 0-16. As Herm would say, you play to win the game.

At this point, though, it's clear the Bills are not a playoff team and are in full rebuilding mode. Getting that top draft pick would sure help Buddy get this thing moving in the right direction. We could easily finish ahead of Carolina or Oakland or Cleveland or someone and miss out on our future QB.

I don't know who to root for the next time I watch a Bills game. :blink:

If you don't know who to cheer for you shouldn't be a Bills fan. Simple as that.

i dont even feel anything on gamedays anymore anyway. i just turn on the tv, watch intently a few minutes, then do something else while the game is on like read or play a video game. they are gonna lose anyway most likely, which isnt a bad thing in a rebuilding year, so i dont have to root for nuthin. no emotion, no desire, just patiently waiting for the season to end so we can move on to phase two of the rebuild

For being just 4 games into the season, a LOT of people in Buffalo are feeling this way, myself included.

Also, don't get too upset what you root for or who, you won't change the outcome of the game, so why worry about it?

Lastly, these guys that keep posting 12-4, seriously, get real. It's dumb

And just for all of you who think you can't win a SB without a great QB: Notice Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Jeff Hostetler (a friggin backup QB) and Mark Rypien all won super bowls. Not to mention Eli Manning is hardly Peyton, and Ben Roethlisberger is the most overrated player I think I've ever seen in 25+ years of watching NFL football. And that doesn't even consider all the mediocre Super Bowl losing QBs who could have won had one or two breaks went their way instead of against them.

I don't disagree with you, but those coaches and staffs were hall of famers, something the Bills may never get to enjoy. We had a decent coach in Perry Fewell, but we pissed him off too. With this college coaching staff, we may never even sniff the playoffs.

I have been apathetic for a few years now so 2-16 or 0-16 is little difference to me. They suck, they are (hopefully) rebuilding with guys who (hopefully) have their heads out of their asses. Time will tell. C'est la vie

But I have been wondering the past week or so if they could do the Oh-fer.

Before the season started I would have said no way. It is a tough schedule, but there was still the Browns, Chiefs, and Lions on it. But the Browns beat the Bengals, and the Chiefs and Lions both look better than us so far. If the Bills lose to the Jags Sunday, and if it is not a squeaker, I'd say we have a pretty reasonable chance at the un-perfect season.

Edited by CodeMonkey

If you don't know who to cheer for you shouldn't be a Bills fan. Simple as that.

Based on 100% of his posts I don't think he is a Bills fan.

I'm rooting for you to get writer's block.

You, me, and 1,000+ others.

I'd rather Spiller go off in a few games. I'd rather the young linemen we have on both sides of the ball shock us and play really good ball in the 2nd half. I'd rather Brohm take over and surprise us as our QB of the future.

Who knows what's going to happen the rest of this season, but if you root for 0-16, you root for bad football. I'd rather see good football.

The Bills took a big step towards their goals by losing to Jacksonville. That was a dangerously winnable games at home against a bad football team.

With home games remaining against Detroit and Cleveland, 0-16 still seems like the impossible dream, but I'm starting to Billieve these guys can do it!

Hey-ey-EY-ey Let's Go Buff-a-lo!