Is it Time to Root for 0-16 Yet?

I know some people consider it to be in bad taste to root for your team to go 0-16. As Herm would say, you play to win the game.

At this point, though, it's clear the Bills are not a playoff team and are in full rebuilding mode. Getting that top draft pick would sure help Buddy get this thing moving in the right direction. We could easily finish ahead of Carolina or Oakland or Cleveland or someone and miss out on our future QB.

I don't know who to root for the next time I watch a Bills game. :blink:

I know some people consider it to be in bad taste to root for your team to go 0-16. As Herm would say, you play to win the game.

At this point, though, it's clear the Bills are not a playoff team and are in full rebuilding mode. Getting that top draft pick would sure help Buddy get this thing moving in the right direction. We could easily finish ahead of Carolina or Oakland or Cleveland or someone and miss out on our future QB.

My initial reaction is no. No, u never root to lose. if u lose then it happens. But it would be hard to feel good about it if u root for a loss. Just seems too out of character. So, No.

Edited by Pilsner

why root for a winless season? three wins would certainly get you a strong chance at the top pick. besides, its very hard not to win a game in the nfl so chances are excellent they will end up with a few wins anyway no matter what

i dont even feel anything on gamedays anymore anyway. i just turn on the tv, watch intently a few minutes, then do something else while the game is on like read or play a video game. they are gonna lose anyway most likely, which isnt a bad thing in a rebuilding year, so i dont have to root for nuthin. no emotion, no desire, just patiently waiting for the season to end so we can move on to phase two of the rebuild

If we go 0-16, the Bills will forever have that stigma with the Lions and Bucs. Embarassing.

Add to that the undeniable probability that Ralph and Nix will trade the #1 pick away and you've got to be crazy to root for anything like that.

If we go 0-16, the Bills will forever have that stigma with the Lions and Bucs. Embarassing.

Add to that the undeniable probability that Ralph and Nix will trade the #1 pick away and you've got to be crazy to root for anything like that.

The Bills will win a few games, most likely 1 or 2. Funny, everyone complained about 7-9?

As for the draft, I think we MIGHT trade....

Depends on your outlook. The majority of the naysayers on this board want to lose so they can remain in their "this organization is a joke" funk. Once you are there long enough good news is never welcome. I say play your asses off show some pride and keep churning the roster to find players that have the heart.

Definitely NOT 0-16. But we seriously need a franchise QB. Problem is, there is not clear cut Peyton Manning this year. Knowing the Bills it's not going to be good. The poor season is actually liberating. There are no expectations this year, and any win is a Bonus! BUT, they must reward us with hope with this year's draft. So go on, purge the roster for draft picks, if there are anymore worth any....

Heres my Plan.....

I watch the Bills and hope for a victory, when they lose I don't get too upset.

That way.......you survive :flirt:

Agreed. I certainly don't want to be 0-16 just because of the epic stigma that goes with that. But beyond that I simply cannot root against my team, no matter the circumstances. Especially against AFC east opponents. God I hate all the AFC east teams. Especially the Jets. And Patriots. And Dolphins. :|

Definitely NOT 0-16. But we seriously need a franchise QB. Problem is, there is not clear cut Peyton Manning this year. Knowing the Bills it's not going to be good. The poor season is actually liberating. There are no expectations this year, and any win is a Bonus! BUT, they must reward us with hope with this year's draft. So go on, purge the roster for draft picks, if there are anymore worth any....

Some fans are delusional. I hate to break it to you, but there is only one Peyton Manning (possibly the most dominating QB to ever play the game). We aren't going to get a Peyton Manning in the draft. The chances of even getting a pro bowl caliber QB in the draft are slim to none. And that is true for every team every year. Therefore, we must accept that we are not going to get a future HoFer and build a team that can be competitive with a game manager type. The way to do this is by building a solid front on both sides of the ball. And that is where our draft focus should be for the foreseeable future. Then, if we finally find our QB gem, bingo - super bowl.

And just for all of you who think you can't win a SB without a great QB: Notice Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Jeff Hostetler (a friggin backup QB) and Mark Rypien all won super bowls. Not to mention Eli Manning is hardly Peyton, and Ben Roethlisberger is the most overrated player I think I've ever seen in 25+ years of watching NFL football. And that doesn't even consider all the mediocre Super Bowl losing QBs who could have won had one or two breaks went their way instead of against them.

Edited by SouthGeorgiaBillsFan

I understand the frustration, but how can any Buffalo fan watch a Bills game and root for them to lose? :wallbash:

OK, maybe if we're already 0-15 - and need to lose to win the 'Ryan Mallett Pool' - but until then...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

15 and 4 - we'll lose no more!!!!! :beer:

Edited by The Senator

But we seriously need a franchise QB. Problem is, there is not clear cut Peyton Manning this year.

Or any Year since Manning...Right?

The Bills don't need the next Peyton Manning...They need a QB that, in a few years, will be significantly better than Fitz or Brohm...I think there are plenty of Prospects coming out next Year with that type of potential...And none of them will be as good as Manning...But then again neither is Eli, Brees, or Big Ben and they all have SB Rings too... B-)

Sorry , I don,t understand you WANT the Bills to loose games ? You want the stigma of 0 - 16 ? You , sir , should be ashamed. You want the easy life go support a " glamour team " , in fact why not change your allegience every year, you'll never loose !

I sit here on the other side of the Atlantic , I have no ties to WNY , except via my support for the Bills , and I WILL NOT SUPPORT ANOTHER TEAM !It,s what fans do !

Man up , theres always next year.

GO BILLS