We are Bills FANS

AllDayADay

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me start off by saying I, just like many of you, are ashamed, embarrassed and tired of watching my Bills lose year after year. Nothing ruins my WHOLE week like the Bills losing. I am depressed every Sunday after a loss and I think about what went wrong the rest of the week. Some may call me crazy, but I tell them I am a Bills fan and thats how WE are. WE are a different breeds than most NFL fans and fans in general. When my Mom tells me; "Why do you beat yourself up over the Bills year after year". I tell her I simply cannot help it. I bleed red, white and blue. I have no control of my intensity as a Bills fan.

I say that, to say this..

Please, please stop being so negative. We are Bills fans. We are supposed to support the team in whatever decision they make. I know I am a very optimistic person by nature, but when the Bills make a decision (especially this new regime that have not wronged us yet, that we know of) I support it. I get into arguments all the time with my friends who like other team, mostly the Dolphins, and no matter how bad we are I always support our football team.

Im tired of this pity party everyone is throwing.

Marshawn Lynch was one of my favorite personalities on the team. I bought his jersey his rookie year and have loved him ever since. But, he is not what this team needed going forward. The guy tip toes when he gets the ball. Yeah he can carry a couple of defenders on his back, but come on. He never breaks big runs. As of yesterday I was supporting him, but today he is no longer a BIll and no longer am I going to defend him. Running backs these days grow on trees. And no matter what anybody says CJ Spiller will be a very special player.

Bottom line, start being proud to be a Bills fan. We are not like only teams fans. We are NOT fair weathered fans. We can only control certain things as fans. One of them is our loyalty.

For the most part, I agree with your post. All the whining and bitching on this board gets very old. I understand that people are frustrated. I am too. But people on here tend to over react to everything the Bills do. It doesn't matter what it is, it will spark loads of negative posts. A couple of days ago, someone suggested that the Bills trade Lynch and Evans for a couple of second round picks. I responded by saying you would probably get only a third for Evans and a fourth for Lynch. Well the front office did better than a fourth and you'd have thunk they committed a murder by much of the response on this board. A fourth was his value right now and they did better than that, but it wasn't good enough for most of the people on this board. I get the frustration, and everyone has a right to express their opinion, but I prefer reading things that express a bit of hope. The whining just bores me and I tend to ignore it. I don't like the way this team has played for a very long time. I don't like some of the decisions that have been made by GM's and coaches. But I tune in every Sunday and hope for the best. I am even numb to the losing. I have come to expect it and when anything else happens, it is a pleasant surprise. I think one thing that we can all agree on is that we want the Bills to win. That is why people get so frustrated by the losing. I totally get it. It's just that the whining gets boring.

Noit trying to get hostile, and I respect your position, but read this post:

Memorial Link

and then just try to get me to drink this brand of coolaid. I'll start drinking when they add some sugar. In the meantime, I'm smart enough to spit it out and warn my friends not to drink this crap.

Steve

We are Bills fans. We are supposed to support the team in whatever decision they make. I know I am a very optimistic person by nature, but when the Bills make a decision (especially this new regime that have not wronged us yet, that we know of) I support it.

While I generally agree about negativity, what I copied above just isn't true. My "unconditional love/support" is to the city and team - not to the personel. If we buy the tickets, jerseys, and beers - we can say whatever we want.

That being said, it would be nice if we conducted ourselves a bit better - if other teams' fans check out TBD from time to time, they must think the fans are as bad as the team.

You guys really think that the fans of other historically inept, feeble organizations sit around and talk about the proud traditions of their once-great franchises?

Come on. It is no red badge of courage for you to be the great superfan who is always upbeat and positive while your team plays the literal worst brand of football that the NFL has seen in more than a decade.

The team stinks. The organization is an embarrassment. Recognizing this and verbalizing it really has no bearing on how good or bad of a fan I am, it simply illustrates my ability to dispassionately evaluate what is really happening.

Chan Gailey and Buddy Nix came in here with a plan. Both of them have done/seen it done before.

Anyone disagree?

Care to explain what "plan" this team has? I haven't seen anything resembling any type of coherent plan coming from OBD. So, what exactly is their plan?

To not play all the rookies we drafted?

To trade away young good players for nothing (Lynch)?

To wait to make the trade until is provides no possible immediate benefit for us?

To sit on their hands in free agency?

To not hold a real QB competition, and then release the "winner" 3 weeks into the season?

I dont think its too much to ask the team just exactly what in the hell they are doing.

Let me start off by saying I, just like many of you, are ashamed, embarrassed and tired of watching my Bills lose year after year. Nothing ruins my WHOLE week like the Bills losing. I am depressed every Sunday after a loss and I think about what went wrong the rest of the week. Some may call me crazy, but I tell them I am a Bills fan and thats how WE are. WE are a different breeds than most NFL fans and fans in general. When my Mom tells me; "Why do you beat yourself up over the Bills year after year". I tell her I simply cannot help it. I bleed red, white and blue. I have no control of my intensity as a Bills fan.

Please, please stop being so negative. We are Bills fans. We are supposed to support the team in whatever decision they make. I know I am a very optimistic person by nature, but when the Bills make a decision (especially this new regime that have not wronged us yet, that we know of) I support it. I get into arguments all the time with my friends who like other team, mostly the Dolphins, and no matter how bad we are I always support our football team.

Marshawn Lynch was one of my favorite personalities on the team. I bought his jersey his rookie year and have loved him ever since. But, he is not what this team needed going forward. The guy tip toes when he gets the ball. Yeah he can carry a couple of defenders on his back, but come on. He never breaks big runs. As of yesterday I was supporting him, but today he is no longer a BIll and no longer am I going to defend him. Running backs these days grow on trees. And no matter what anybody says CJ Spiller will be a very special player.

Bottom line, start being proud to be a Bills fan. We are not like only teams fans. We are NOT fair weathered fans. We can only control certain things as fans. One of them is our loyalty.

Dude, get real will you? Only a person with no integrity can walk around after watching this mess of an organzation year after year be embarrasing and have the attitude-"I am a Bills fan, we are the greatest, our owner is my hero and I will name all my kids after him, I love how we lose every freaking week because they are my team and it doesn't matter if they win. Let me keep giving Ralph my money for a crappy product, I don't care because I am a Bills fan. I love watching this team suck every sunday, it is so fun. It is so great how Ralph has taken something that has been a huge part of my life and turned it into a smelly piece of fecal matter". Hope you got my point. You can have that attitude, and alot of Bills fans (including myself) did for quite awhile, but come on, look how long it has been that we have been a joke, and the owner doesn't give a crap. He hires cheap, unsuccessful help-keyword is Cheap. He treats fans like they are his slaves, crapping on them then taking their money year after year. This new regime has no plan, they are like a bull in a china shop, just running around knocking stuff over. If you can find everything all rosey and fine with this team, maybe you should start writing fairy tales or children's books, you might have a future.

Edited by billsfreak

Watch some of the games from the 90's then you will understand our frustration.

I was there for all of it and I share your frustration. However, I am not going to waste my time talking about how bad my team is. I can see that on my own. If I choose to be optimistic (about the one or two players that are worth it on this roster lol) then I am going to be. I guess at the same time you have every right to come on here and blast the coaching staff. Being a fan is a beautiful thing ain't it? 0:)

I still stand by the team. I'm pretty sure Gailey and Nix are not complete idiots and know what REAL football players look like and play like. They now know that this thing needs to be torn down and rebuilt. Get rid of the unproductive players (i.e. Edwards, Meredith, Lynch) and start replacing. Lynch was not explosive, and more often than not he'd get caught from behind while going east-west instead of north-south. Don't confuse carrying a defender or two an extra yard for being a top shelf NFL RB. He's not. So good for Nix/Gailey for getting what they could for this guy and hopefully they can make some nice moves in the offseason and going forward.

There are a lot of people, including myself, who are harsh on the team over the course of the week but come Sunday they, just like you and I, are cheering like crazy at the good plays and screaming madly on the crap plays. The only difference seems to be complacency in the product that is on the field Sunday. I'm not happy with it. As somebody who has supported the team for years, longer than Nix/Chan have been with the team, longer than any of the players currently on the team, I will call it as I see it. If the run D is sucking then I'm gonna say they're sucking. If you want to see less 'negativity' on the board, then you'll have to wait until a competent product is put on the field.

I see there are 2 responses for the most part. One, the ones that agree with me (thank you). Two, the ones that still believe that complaining will change somethings and make them feel better.

I have been a Bills fan for 23 years and seen the good days and bad days. To me, this new regime is something that is fresh and new to me. In the past, with regimes like Mularkey and Williams and even Jauron, I still believed they could get the job done, but wasnt really convinced. This regime is something that is different from past regimes. Instead of making brash decision right when they got there, they wanted to see what already HAD. They waited and then made decisions to get this team where they envision it.

Sure Chan saw Trent all off-season and it was looking good for the most part, but Trents major and glaring problem is his pocket presence and his mobility (please, somebody defend that). With the zero pass-rush we put on opposing qbs it was hard to see this in training camp. Our o line looked decent because our defensive line is below average besides Edwards and Williams. So when the bullets started flying I think Chan said "Wow" this guy panics and cannot do what we need him to do. And without keeping him around they told him "thanks but no thanks".

As you see the Patriots(winning organization), they get something out of players before they leave for nothing. Trading Marshawn was our way of doing that. Trading Moss was there way of doing that. We have good rbs still and they have good wrs still. THAT WHAT GOOD TEAMS DO. Buddy understands that.

From day 1 I have been impressed with Buddy Nix, I really love that man. Not only does he really know what a good football player looks like but he can pick them out for the future, as he says; "smell there breath."

Unlike other regimes they have a direction (some of you dont what to believe it), but with the trades and releases they have made so far, I dont know how to make it any clearer. We pick up Urbick, trade Marshawn, cut Trent. They know what they want and they are going to get it. It may take some time(a thing you guys dont want to give them) but to think they could change this team drastically within 4 games is utterly ridiculous!

I see there are 2 responses for the most part. One, the ones that agree with me (thank you). Two, the ones that still believe that complaining will change somethings and make them feel better.

More like:

1. Homer Apologist Fanboys

2. People that watch football and recognize mismanagement and institutional failure

From day 1 I have been impressed with Buddy Nix, I really love that man. Not only does he really know what a good football player looks like but he can pick them out for the future, as he says; "smell there breath."

Is that why his chosen starting quarterback was cut after 2 games? Guess Trent should have popped a couple Altoids.

Edited by akm0404

More like:

1. Homer Apologist Fanboys

2. People that watch football and recognize mismanagement and institutional failure

Is that why his chosen starting quarterback was cut after 2 games? Guess Trent should have popped a couple Altoids.

Did you not read my post about the line and trents lack of mobility and pocket presence.

Unlike other regimes they have a direction (some of you dont what to believe it), but with the trades and releases they have made so far, I dont know how to make it any clearer. We pick up Urbick, trade Marshawn, cut Trent. They know what they want and they are going to get it. It may take some time(a thing you guys dont want to give them) but to think they could change this team drastically within 4 games is utterly ridiculous!

They have changed the team drastically in 4 games. Even dead Dick Jauron managed to linger around .500. In four games these hicks have transformed the Bills into the win-less laughing stock of the NFL. But back to your pollyannaish bull ****...

Thank you for the intelligent response, really.

Chan Gailey and Buddy Nix came in here with a plan. Both of them have done/seen it done before.

The end of your post I guess you are implying that CJ Spiller was the wrong pick. Really? Who else would you have chosen? The next tackle, Anthony Davis? Bryan Bulaga? Both are stuggling, with the right tackle and guard position respectively. We always talk about best player available, thats how good teams get to be great teams. We were a ok team with Jauron. Cj helps this team mightily, especially since Marshawn is gone. Mike Mayock, best draft guru imo said that if a team needs a guy to pick up chunks of yeardage at a time than you draft Cj Spiller. Guess what, we are that team. He is a special player!!!

As for offensive line. The most important part on an NFL team. We are wayyyyyy behind the rest of the NFL with our lines. But im just going to talk about the offensive line for now. I feel like Demetruis can be a starter. I feel like andy levitre can be a starter. But thats about it. I love Eric Wood but he is not meant for the right guard postion. You think Big, tough guy, why not? He struggled with one on one blocking in college and thats excatly what you do at the guard postion. ONce Wood goes to center and Hang becomes are 4th man in the interior, we will be good with 3 positions. As for RG I like Urbik. A guy with a grown mans body and has grown man stregnth. You need that to play guard in this league. And finally, the missing link. We know Cornell Green is not the answer. And we have a glaring weakness at RT.

I can go on and on about every position and what i think but bottom line is i trust chan and buddy. Chan never saw trent in live condition for himself. Once the bullets flying we have no pass protection and chan didnt see that in training camp. Thats why with this o line we need a mobile qb, and thats why fitz does ok.

Anyone disagree?

Wood is too small for Guard...but you wanna leave Levitre there?

Wood is bigger than Levitre. :oops:

Did you not read my post about the line and trents lack of mobility and pocket presence.

We did, but what some of us can't understand is how these guys couldn't see this in the offseason on previous game film, and in the preseason, just like other teams do at this time.

As for the Patriots, they were able to get 3 years out of Moss on the field, and get a draft pick 1 round higher then they acquired him for a throw away 7th round pick. They also traded him because he was becoming a malcontent/cancer on the team and he wanted out

Amen brother! All these years of suffering will only make it that much more sweeter win we finally win it!

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: