Time to Scrap the 3-4

Last year the no-huddle offense was the big thing all through camp and the preseason. Then at the last minute the Bills trashed the no-huddle and the offensive coordinator. This year we've already cut our starting QB. Why not just go ahead and do the same with the 3-4?

It's just not working. It doesn't look anything remotely similar to a good 3-4 defense like the Steelers, with lots of pressure coming from unpredictable spots. The personnel might just be better for a 4-3, anyways. Get Stroud and Williams over their more natural DT gaps. Get Kelsay back at DE. Just get some baseline level of competency in place.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Horrible Idea. The season is lost. 3-4 is the direction that they are heading long term. Practice it now so we can improve quicker in the long term.

PS. Troupe really needs to come up to speed quickly. His performance worries me. 1st and 2nd round picks are supposed to be contributors!

Another Bills headscratcher: switching to the 3-4 when you have no stout nosetackle and your linebackers are one of the weakest units on one of the weakest teams.

Good coaches highlight the strengths of their players and put them in the best position to succeed.

Then there are the Bills.

I didn't realize that we ran a 3-4. It looks like a 4-3 to me. Kelsay lines up on the LOS just like he did when he was a DE.

And either gets shoved out of the way or runs past the play every snap, just like he did when he was a DE.

Horrible Idea. The season is lost. 3-4 is the direction that they are heading long term. Practice it now so we can improve quicker in the long term.

PS. Troupe really needs to come up to speed quickly. His performance worries me. 1st and 2nd round picks are supposed to be contributors!

Just another example of poor coaching decisions, switching to a defense you don't have the personnel to play.

Another Bills headscratcher: switching to the 3-4 when you have no stout nosetackle and your linebackers are one of the weakest units on one of the weakest teams.

Good coaches highlight the strengths of their players and put them in the best position to succeed.

Then there are the Bills.

No nosetackle + No LBs + George Edwards = :sick:

Did anyone actually think this guy was going to be a good defensive coordinator? How about we give the "coaching" staff some due credit for this piss poor team. We have Edwards and Modkins as our coordinators and a retread as a HC is it any wonder this team looks thoroughly unprepared and out of position all day?

No nosetackle + No LBs + George Edwards = :sick:

Did anyone actually think this guy was going to be a good defensive coordinator? How about we give the "coaching" staff some due credit for this piss poor team. We have Edwards and Modkins as our coordinators and a retread as a HC is it any wonder this team looks thoroughly unprepared and out of position all day?

Isn't funny how fired guys around the league get promotions with the Bills?

Gailey-Fired as OC only to be made a head coach.

Edwards-Fired as a Linebacker's Coach, only to be made a DC..

Where is the f'in logic in that???

I thought we'd see more blitzing.

yeah really. at this point, i don't care how they line up - 43, 34, nickel, 46, whatever - just blitz! from everywhere! if they're going to lose by 3 or 4 scores, they might as well attack the LOS and maybe force some turnovers. the way it seems now is that opposing offenses don't even have to gameplan against the bills, since EVERYTHING is available. take away something for crissake!