Trade or Cut Evans and Whitner

I like George Wilson over Whitner. And we might as well free Lee because he isn't doing anything here. He's a glorified Tedd Ginn with slightly better hands. Let him play in the slot for a contender or help out Sam Bradford. Time to cut off the game checks. I agree w/ what's been said. He's clearly already checked out.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You cannot cut them. Like it or not they are two of the better players on the team.

Evans really showed nothing today. How many balls hit hit hands? Look like he quit.

Whitner is what he is. An average safety that unfortunately was drafted #8 overall.

Oh but you CAN cut them both. they're both 2nd- to 3rd-stringers ona decent team. buh bye.

I have a question: Roscoe Parrish is willing to go over the middle. Why can't/won't Lee Freaken Evans?

I have a solution to the Bills' problems:

Cut every starter except for moorman.

Elevate all 2nd stringers to starters and third stringers to seconds. I'm not kidding. Name one...ONE...starter outside of Moorman that's worth keeping. Just one will do.

I've said all along that Lee Evans is a good #2 WR.... He couldn't shake Cromartie on one on one coverage all day and he looked as if he just gave up on the game with his dropped passes....

As far as I'm concerned, we should clean house. I'm sure some team would give a second rounder for Evans, we probably could get a third or fourth rounder for Marshawn and a third or fourth for Donte...

This team is just pathetic, we need to overhaul the team and start fresh. Maybe the QB from Stanford will be available, that would be a good start...

He did nothing against Cromartie. I suppose he will do less than nothing against Revis when we play them next time.

I've said all along that Lee Evans is a good #2 WR.... He couldn't shake Cromartie on one on one coverage all day and he looked as if he just gave up on the game with his dropped passes....

As far as I'm concerned, we should clean house. I'm sure some team would give a second rounder for Evans, we probably could get a third or fourth rounder for Marshawn and a third or fourth for Donte...

This team is just pathetic, we need to overhaul the team and start fresh. Maybe the QB from Stanford will be available, that would be a good start...

He did nothing against Cromartie. I suppose he will do less than nothing against Revis when we play them next time.

Evans had 1 rec for 6 yards against Cromartie. Revis will easily shutout Evans. And this is a guy the Bills are paying $9+ million a year for?

Evans had 1 rec for 6 yards against Cromartie. Revis will easily shutout Evans. And this is a guy the Bills are paying $9+ million a year for?

But it's the QB...

But it's the O-line that's not giving the QB enough time to throw the ball...

It's the other WR's fault for not taking the double coverage off of Evans...

It's the NFL's fault for banning stick-um...

Enough of the excuses people, Evans has given up on the team. Demote him to 4th or 5th WR for the rest of the year and either trade him or cut him at the end of the season.

But it's the QB...

But it's the O-line that's not giving the QB enough time to throw the ball...

It's the other WR's fault for not taking the double coverage off of Evans...

It's the NFL's fault for banning stick-um...

Enough of the excuses people, Evans has given up on the team. Demote him to 4th or 5th WR for the rest of the year and either trade him or cut him at the end of the season.

LMAO at stick-um!!

I agree that Evans has given up on the Bills. I feel bad for Fitz as he was trying hard to get the team back in the game. Ever since Evans buddy Losman was sent packing, Evans production has dropped off. Is he pissed about the Bills getting rid of his buddy?

Not the biggest Whitner fan but he's a solid safety. He might not be a superstar and will never be worth the 8th overall pick we used on him, but that's no reason to get rid of him. He's one of our stronger more consistent players on defence.

LMAO at stick-um!!

I agree that Evans has given up on the Bills. I feel bad for Fitz as he was trying hard to get the team back in the game. Ever since Evans buddy Losman was sent packing, Evans production has dropped off. Is he pissed about the Bills getting rid of his buddy?

sign JP?

Today, Evans finished the game with 1 reception for 6 yards and dropped some easy catches today. But, he still made $563,000 for todays game. Yet, UDFA David Nelson had 4 receptions for 75 yards and former 7th round pick Stevie Johnson had 3 receptions for 31 yards and 1 Touchdown (also, this is Johnson's second week in a row with a TD). So, I want to know from all the Evans lovers out there, what's the excuse for Evans now? Captain Checkdown is gone and Fitzpatrick is throwing the ball to Evans, but he's still not getting the job done. Evans should give his $563,000 game check and split it between Fitzpatrick, Nelson and Johnson. I hope Nix and Gailey realize that Evans is a one-trick pony, a straight line deep threat. Either trade him in the offseason or cut him loose.

I'm just wondering why George Wilson hasn't been starting? After Whitner's pathetic performance today, Wilson should be put back in as starter. Wilson proved last year that he is a better playmaking, ballhawking safety than Whitner. All Whitner has done has shown that he's a tough talker on twitter. Trade him or cut him loose as well.

I am far less excited than you with Stevie Johnson, but equally thrilled by Nelson, who looks VERY promising. Johnson drops far to many passes. He is a possession receiver with shaky hands imo.

Dude, Whitner had to cheat yesterday and got burned. This was a coaching disission. We can't stop the run so bring up the safety.

Get some new LB's and some hole pluggers or Whitner will suffer all season.

Waive Evans? No comment, this is crazy.

So you're saying at the end of the season, the Bills shouldn't try and get a real #1 WR and either trade Evans or cut him. Did you watch Evans play yesterday? He dropped two passes that should have been easily caught. He's getting paid $9+ million a year to be a #1 WR, there's no excuse for his poor play.

Evans doesn't go over the middle. He doesn't fight the DB when the ball is inaccurately thrown. He doesn't go back to help out his QB. All Evans is, is a straight line deep threat. Once Evans' buddy Losman was sent the door, Evans stopped playing as hard and his stats have shown that. So please, keep making the excuses for him, Evans and his $9+ million a year salary needs you to. Cromartie held Evans to 1 rec, 6 yards, what's it going to look like when Revis is covering Evans?

I am far less excited than you with Stevie Johnson, but equally thrilled by Nelson, who looks VERY promising. Johnson drops far to many passes. He is a possession receiver with shaky hands imo.

Yeah, but the guy (Johnson) has a knack for finding the endzone. When he was given the opportunity the year before last, he found the endzone, so far this year he's gotten in there twice. Considering how bad our passing game is, on a relative basis, his ability to find the endzone is impressive....

I like Johnson where he is now, a possession receiver. Granted, he's had some drops, but look at how bad Josh Reed looked his first few years in Buffalo. I think Johnson can be much better than Reed. I do like Nelson's potential. I'd like to see Gailey go with Nelson as the #1, Parrish as the #2 and Johnson as the #3 for the rest of the year. Maybe with Shawn Nelson returning this week from suspension, that will help get the tight ends open and more involved in the game.

Long term, the Bills do need a legitmate #1 WR. I'd love to see the Bills make a play for Vincent Jackson.

Edited by Jerry Jabber

Yeah, but the guy (Johnson) has a knack for finding the endzone. When he was given the opportunity the year before last, he found the endzone, so far this year he's gotten in there twice. Considering how bad our passing game is, on a relative basis, his ability to find the endzone is impressive....

I am not saying that he "sucks." I do however think that Nelson should be in there as a starter. Honestly, who do you think has a higher ceiling, Nelson or S. Johnson?

If the answer is Nelson, I would think ya gotta want to see him in there.

So you're saying at the end of the season, the Bills shouldn't try and get a real #1 WR and either trade Evans or cut him. Did you watch Evans play yesterday? He dropped two passes that should have been easily caught. He's getting paid $9+ million a year to be a #1 WR, there's no excuse for his poor play.

Evans doesn't go over the middle. He doesn't fight the DB when the ball is inaccurately thrown. He doesn't go back to help out his QB. All Evans is, is a straight line deep threat. Once Evans' buddy Losman was sent the door, Evans stopped playing as hard and his stats have shown that. So please, keep making the excuses for him, Evans and his $9+ million a year salary needs you to. Cromartie held Evans to 1 rec, 6 yards, what's it going to look like when Revis is covering Evans?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am not saying that he "sucks." I do however think that Nelson should be in there as a starter. Honestly, who do you think has a higher ceiling, Nelson or S. Johnson?

If the answer is Nelson, I would think ya gotta want to see him in there.

I like Nelson and I do believe he will end up being a starter for this team sooner or later....

Keep Whitner. He's not an all-pro safety, but he comes to play every sunday and is better than alot of safetys out there.

Time to trade Evans. He deserves a chance on a winning team and we deserve to be able to spend his ridiculous cap number elsewhere...like say , on the o-line?

Evans deserves nothing because that is what he has given since he signed his fat contract. I'd sit him all year and let him rot. Play Nelson, Johnson and bring up Roosevelt.

Whitner had 13 tackles today just fyi

I agree these guys havent been playing well but you need to tell me why cutting them makes our team better

I just dont see the point of creating a hole, just to create a hole

This isn't actually a good thing. The majority of the tackles were 10 yards down field.