If you're not a happy Bills fan right now,

stevestojan

We have analysts every where saying "watch out for the bills". We even have one or two saying we have a decent shot at the Playoffs. Most of us know that is far fetched, but it's not out of the realm of possibilties.

As a pessimistic fan, this year so far, I have wanted Bledsoe, Mularky, McNally, the entire line, etc, etc Gone at one point or another.

The FACT is (ICE) we are 6-6. We started 0-4. If anyone going into week 6 said "would you be happy with 9-7 at this point?" we'd probably laugh at the idea of that even happening.

We might not make the playoffs, but going 9-3 for our last 12 is a real possibilty, and let's face it, playing Indy or NE in the PLayoffs wouldn't have been fun.

But again, going from 0-4 to 6-6 shows alot about this team. I know, "why do we always have to wait for next year"? Well, I'm gonna say it right now - and god this hurts - but unless we get eliminated this week and JP gets the remaining snaps this year - I want Drew to start next year.

We have so much potential. Why would we start a rookie?

(again, if we had lost one more, I'd still be in favor of JP finishing this season and being our starter next season), but I don't want to go through his growing pains next season if he doesn't get to play now.

I'm fairly certain I just heard a blood vessel burst in Ice's head.

150195[/snapback]

I know - it's a 180 from what I said about 5 weeks ago, but starting JP next year, assuming he doesn't get at least 3 full games this yea just seems like the wrong route to go. When you have a team that can go 6-2 over 8, and more than likely 9-3 over 12, you don't go changing the QB then. Doesn't make sense anymore.

Oh man, I think I'll keep the #11 jersey around for one more year.

IF we make the playoffs  and we don't go past round 1 then they would go into training camp and fight it out . my thinking

150209[/snapback]

At this point in the season, barring what happens the rest of the way, you almost have to go with DB as your incumbent next year. Six weeks ago, I wouldn't have said this but DB and the OL has certainly changed how they play. DB isn't the statue that all of us thought he was and the OL does actually know how to form a pocket. I think, going into training camp next year, if the Bills say that it's a toss up for the QB position, they will be taking one step backwards. It's DB's job to lose, which we all know he is capable of, so let the chips fall as they may.

*listening for ICE's head exploding*

Call me Ice, but I just don't see it.

With Drew we KNOW the best we can do is a road wildcard game. That's all we're risking by playing JP next year. Maybe the kid will stink and cost us a wildcard spot, but it's a risk I'm willing to take considering the potential reward of playing Drew, realistically, is not the Lombardi trophy. I'm tired of losing to the damn Patriots.

At this point in the season, barring what happens the rest of the way, you almost have to go with DB as your incumbent next year. Six weeks ago, I wouldn't have said this but DB and the OL has certainly changed how they play. DB isn't the statue that all of us thought he was and the OL does actually know how to form a pocket. I think, going into training camp next year, if the Bills say that it's a toss up for the QB position, they will be taking one step backwards. It's DB's job to lose, which we all know he is capable of, so let the chips fall as they may.

*listening for ICE's head exploding*

150220[/snapback]

Exactly. And I'm as pro-losman as it gets. You can't mess with momentum, and even if the bills don't make the postseason they will have serious momentum going into next season.

We have analysts every where saying "watch out for the bills". We even have one or two saying we have a decent shot at the Playoffs. Most of us know that is far fetched, but it's not out of the realm of possibilties.

As a pessimistic fan, this year so far, I have wanted Bledsoe, Mularky, McNally, the entire line, etc, etc Gone at one point or another.

The FACT is (ICE) we are 6-6. We started 0-4. If anyone going into week 6 said "would you be happy with 9-7 at this point?" we'd probably laugh at the idea of that even happening.

We might not make the playoffs, but going 9-3 for our last 12 is a real possibilty, and let's face it, playing Indy or NE in the PLayoffs wouldn't have been fun.

But again, going from 0-4 to 6-6 shows alot about this team. I know, "why do we always have to wait for next year"? Well, I'm gonna say it right now - and god this hurts - but unless we get eliminated this week and JP gets the remaining snaps this year - I want Drew to start next year.

We have so much potential. Why would we start a rookie?

(again, if we had lost one more, I'd still be in favor of JP finishing this season and being our starter next season), but I don't want to go through his growing pains next season if he doesn't get to play now.

150123[/snapback]

I think you let them battle it out in camp. Will make Drew better and give drive to JP to hone his skills and be ready to unseat a vet. Also makes sure ya have a solution at QB if injury occurs not ike this year with no viable backup

Exactly. And I'm as pro-losman as it gets. You can't mess with momentum, and even if the bills don't make the postseason they will have serious momentum going into next season.

150229[/snapback]

Here's the thing: the Bengals had all the momentum in the world last season with Kitna's pro-bowl campaign. Then they bench him this year. Are we going to do the same? In the long-run, the Bengals probably did the right thing, as Carson Palmer is finally coming on. But, with Kitna, they would have almost certainly made the playoffs this year.

Here's the thing: the Bengals had all the momentum in the world last season with Kitna's pro-bowl campaign. Then they bench him this year. Are we going to do the same? In the long-run, the Bengals probably did the right thing, as Carson Palmer is finally coming on. But, with Kitna, they would have almost certainly made the playoffs this year.

150261[/snapback]

I don't know if that's true or not. I'd have to look at their schedule to see which/if any games they lost early in the season primarily because of horrible, inexperienced QB play. When it's all said and done they will be 7-9 and nowhere close to the playoffs as they still have to play NE and Philly.

If they did make the playoffs w/ Kitna this year, Pittsburgh still runs away with the division and they get killed by the Colts/Chargers in the first round. Not that much of an upside to playing the veteran.