Demetrius Bell...

I've always thought Bell would develop into an excellent tackle whether it be on the Left or right... he has too much athletic ability to not succeed. Karl Malone's son has what 1 penalty this year so far compared to averaging 5 a game like last season and I haven't noticed him get blown up yet so I feel good about him.

The guy seems to be coming along. Hes looked pretty good so far this year. What do you guys think? Could he be our LT of the future?

He might be.

Rewatch the games. He has a lot of bad snaps, but seems to do a good job in pass protection most of the time and has been getting some push in the run.

if people actually made their decisions watching the tape, they'd probably be more confident in Bell's development than that of Wood or Levitre.

He might be.

Rewatch the games. He has a lot of bad snaps, but seems to do a good job in pass protection most of the time and has been getting some push in the run.

if people actually made their decisions watching the tape, they'd probably be more confident in Bell's development than that of Wood or Levitre.

He's not a center???

He might be.

The link needs a solid tackle and a solid center (or guard, move wood). Once that happens the line should grow into a pretty decent unit. This Howard guy looked pretty athletic pulling on some runs as well and blowing up guys downfield..

It will be interesting to see the game this week. We had been hearing the lack of o was from the line not sustaining blocks long enough for people to get open. Last week guys seemed open, so was it because there was finally someone there willing to fire the ball around or was it because NE's Secondary is suspect and therefore guys were open so quickly the line looked decent.

We should see that answer this week.

The link needs a solid tackle and a solid center (or guard, move wood). Once that happens the line should grow into a pretty decent unit. This Howard guy looked pretty athletic pulling on some runs as well and blowing up guys downfield.

It will be interesting to see the game this week. We had been hearing the lack of o was from the line not sustaining blocks long enough for people to get open. Last week guys seemed open, so was it because there was finally someone there willing to fire the ball around or was it because NE's Secondary is suspect and therefore guys were open so quickly the line looked decent.

We should see that answer this week.

Just a hunch, you'll see Wood moved to center when Brohm plays QB...

After redshirting his initial year at Louisville, Wood started all 12 games at center for the Cardinals in 2005. He earned Freshman All-American honors by Rivals.com, Sporting News and College Football News. Also an excellent student, earned Academic All-Big East accolades as well.

Wood remained Louisville's starting center in his sophomore and junior seasons, starting all 13 and 12 games, respectively. Led by quarterback Brian Brohm, the 2007 Cardinals offense ranked sixth nationally with an average of 488.0 yards per game. Wood earned All-Big East honors in both years, and again in his senior season. He finished his career with 49 consecutive starts at center, the second-longest streak in school history behind Travis Leffew (51, 2002-05).

(from Wiki)

He might be.

The funny this is that I had high hopes for Wood and Levitre (and Meredith) and expected nothing out of Bell. I should now expect nothing out of Wood or Levitre (and Meredith, and Wood has the injury excuse at least).

+1 agree to you on that. I feel Wood should move over and put the new guy in at center. Center does make or break a teams line.

I think (re:hope) the only thing stopping the Bills from moving Wood over to Center at this point is his continuing recovery from the broken leg he suffered last year. He's still being spelled for a few plays here and there (even an entire series in the NE game) and it's a little more important to have continuity at the Center position.