Ryder Cup begins 2:30am Friday

Wooderson

http://www.rydercup.com/2010/usa/

Who's excited for the Ryder Cup this year?

Obviously I'm pulling for the good ole' USA but it'll be a tough test. Them damn foreigners are quite good this year.

USA Team

*Corey Pavin

Phil Mickelson

Hunter Mahan

Bubba Watson

Jim Furyk

Steve Stricker

Dustin Johnson

Jeff Overton

Matt Kuchar

Stewart Cink

Rickie Fowler

Zach Johnson

El Tigre Woods

Asst Capts.

Paul Goydos

Tom Lehman

Davis Love III

Jeff Sluman

Those who are only casual fans of golf, remember the name Dustin Johnson (those who pay attention already know him). He's been on the cusp of greatness all year, but choked some opportunities away. I'll be looking for him to take the Ryder Cup by storm.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

Those who are only casual fans of golf, remember the name Dustin Johnson (those who pay attention already know him). He's been on the cusp of greatness all year, but choked some opportunities away. I'll be looking for him to take the Ryder Cup by storm.

He better win one soon or else this year will wind up right up there with Greg Norman levels of choking. He's obviously not the big time player that Norman was, but this will be one hell of a painful year in Johnson's memory if he never wins the big one.

edit: But then again, the paychecks probably make that a lot easier to live with.

Edited by shrader

So far DJ and Lefty have been terrible. Monty pairs up the two worst Euros from "session 1" as a minimize the collateral damage pairing / sacrificial lambs and they still hand DJ and Lefty their arses. So much for Pavin's belief those two would be stalwarts.

http://www.rydercup.com/2010/usa/

Who's excited for the Ryder Cup this year?

Obviously I'm pulling for the good ole' USA but it'll be a tough test. Them damn foreigners are quite good this year.

I am - it's my second favorite international sports competition behind Olympic Hockey.

--Wow was that third session a disaster....even blowing their only chance for a win on the last hole. The US needs a Brookline level performance in singles, but I can't see it happening on that course against that team.

--The US just can't figure out the greens and it's killed them all weekend.

--Mickelson sucks. Golf's equivalent of A-Rod (at least A-Rod before last years' playoffs); great when when ahead or behind by ten but in the clutch he's useless. I always hear people ripping Tiger's Rider Cup record but you never hear that Mickelson's is worse. His matches have all been over at the turn.

--Lee Westwood is the best golfer in the world right now. I hope they match up Mickelson with him tomorrow so we can just get them both out of the way.

--Wow was that third session a disaster....even blowing their only chance for a win on the last hole. The US needs a Brookline level performance in singles, but I can't see it happening on that course against that team.

--The US just can't figure out the greens and it's killed them all weekend.

--Mickelson sucks. Golf's equivalent of A-Rod (at least A-Rod before last years' playoffs); great when when ahead or behind by ten but in the clutch he's useless. I always hear people ripping Tiger's Rider Cup record but you never hear that Mickelson's is worse. His matches have all been over at the turn.

--Lee Westwood is the best golfer in the world right now. I hope they match up Mickelson with him tomorrow so we can just get them both out of the way.

Yeah I thought the tide was turning there for awhile and we might salvage 2-3 points. 1/2 out of six is a debacle.

Westwood was a stud today.