Demetrius Bell...run blocker extraordinaire?

Big Turk

You lie! Our entire OL sucks, sucks I tell you!!!!....

I must be one of the few, sounds like you are another, that is really not down on our OL. Not saying they are the best, but I believe they are growing together, and barring injuries will be one of the better units in the NFL by seasons end and heading into next year. yes, I would like to see an upgrade at RT, but am really interested to see how they handle the Jets this weekend.

I must be one of the few, sounds like you are another, that is really not down on our OL. Not saying they are the best, but I believe they are growing together, and barring injuries will be one of the better units in the NFL by seasons end and heading into next year. yes, I would like to see an upgrade at RT, but am really interested to see how they handle the Jets this weekend.

perhaps we get lucky and wang turns into a player at left tackle and Bell can move to the right side . I can dream at least

I hate to say it but one of them due for an injury. The Rex will unleash pure hell on Fitz sun and this OL will be extremely overwhelm I truly hope I'm wrong, but I will take a Green is down from the commentator nothing major just a back spasm or something in that nature..

As of right now the Bills rank 13th in yards per carry. (per NFL.com)

As for sacks given up we have allowed 8, which is good for 26th in the League. I am interested to see how this changes over the next few weeks without Edwards as QB. We only got sacked once last week and should be tested this week.

In my opinion I am thinking we rank as an average O-line by the end of the year when it comes to run/pass blocking.

One of the better units by year end. You are daft.

No, he's just wildly optimistic.

With the notable exception of Green, it's a young line that's got some talent. If they all REALLY grow up fast and do so well; Bell, Levitre & Wood could form the underpinnings of a great line.

But we don't know WHAT any of their ceiling is, IF they'll reach it and certanly not HOW FAST they'll reach it.

If they are one of our better units by year end I sure hope its because they stepped up in a major way and not because everyone else has dropped off the deep end!

Edited by Mark Long Beach

Well maybe I am. We will just have to wait and see. I am seeing dome good things out this line out side of RT, and barring injuries think that by mid year they will have about 16 games under their belt together. That is when I think you will start to see the potential turn into reality. But what do i know, i like the Kelsey extension :thumbsup:

Just kidding!!!!!

if bell develops and stays away from the penalties, he could be the next jason peters. he seems humble enough to not want as much money as peters did too. wood and levetrie are only in their second year in the nfl and have enormous potential to be above average guards. hangartner is a back up playing on a bad team, hes just another melvin fowler (remember him?) maybe if we get another good guard, we could shift wood over to center. right tackle is self explanatory, hopfully wang gets in the game soon.

Unfortunately, based on what, about 10 carries? Not enough sampling to draw any valid conclusions. Depending on # of carries for instance, that 19 yd Spiller run might add maybe 1.7 yds/carry to the avg alone.

It's funny, I rewatched both games on NFL Replay and I think that an objective fan would think Bell is developing as fast or faster than Wood and Levitre. I know that's sacrilege to those on this board who spout nonsense about our "stud" guards, but makes a lot of blocks and may not suck.