The Reason Lynch Has Been The Featured RB The Last 2 Weeks

What's funny is people attacking one of the few bright spots on the team. I think you get a lot of people upset who defend Lynch because it's obvious the "attackers" are incredibly biased by his off field issues to the point of ignoring on field effectiveness.

There is a difference between putting on moves and dancing. Lynch has moves. He tries to make people miss. Admittedly sometimes he tries too hard. He is more than JUST a pound the **** out of you running back. He can do that no problem but he is more. He is also trying to get first downs. I think I'll let his performance and 6.1 yds per carry speak for itself.

That being said. Fred is an even more decisive RB. That is to Jackson's credit not Lynch's detriment. Hey it's America, you can talk about whatever you want but it's sad when people have to be negative about some of the FEW things that are actually positives on this team.

1) Nobody's attacking the guy based on off-field troubles. I actually like Lynch; seems to be a good-natured guy.

2) But what you call "putting on moves," I call "dancing," because it's wholly ineffective. This guy isn't Barry Sanders. He should just run straight through the hole and right over the defenders.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how you can clearly say Marshawn is the best back on this team and say he has been playing well. If what Marshawn has done these first 3 games are indications of a great running back then peoples standards are pretty low.

I would take him for a 2nd and 3rd round pick in a heart beat.

Ya 6.1 yards per carry breaking tackles all the way sucks! You're a moron.

1) Nobody's attacking the guy based on off-field troubles. I actually like Lynch; seems to be a good-natured guy.

2) But what you call "putting on moves," I call "dancing," because it's wholly ineffective. This guy isn't Barry Sanders. He should just run straight through the hole and right over the defenders.

Which hole would you be talking about? I haven't seen any until last Sunday and he ran through them quite well to the tune of 6.1 yards per carry. Would you disagree with those numbers being representative of a good running day?

Which hole would you be talking about? I haven't seen any until last Sunday and he ran through them quite well to the tune of 6.1 yards per carry. Would you disagree with those numbers being representative of a good running day?

I certainly agree that 6.1 ypc is great, and that he had a great day on Sunday. But I'm not sure that's indicative of his tenure here. I could point to the Green Bay game the week before and ask whether 3.8 ypc is great, or the fact that his carrer average is 4.0 ypc--not terrible, but not great for someone you draft #11 overall.

We're probably going to have to agree to disagree on this one, though I think we probably are both of the same mind that we'd like to see Lynch, Jackson, or whomever is back there excel.

Trading Lynch is a mistake unless he and his agent have come to the team and said "We will definitely not re-sign with you no matter how much money you throw at us next year"

Lynch and Spiller could be the best RB duo in the league for easily 5 more years, and a great backfield to build around.

I certainly agree that 6.1 ypc is great, and that he had a great day on Sunday. But I'm not sure that's indicative of his tenure here. I could point to the Green Bay game the week before and ask whether 3.8 ypc is great, or the fact that his carrer average is 4.0 ypc--not terrible, but not great for someone you draft #11 overall.

We're probably going to have to agree to disagree on this one, though I think we probably are both of the same mind that we'd like to see Lynch, Jackson, or whomever is back there excel.

As we all know the best RB in the world can't run through a brick wall. This is what our guys look like, Lynch in particular, when there are holes and the QB has some the ability to read a defense presnap and change the play.

I think there is a direct correlation between both how well the line played and the change to Fitzpatrick as it relates to success of the running game. Sunday we had a QB that could challenge the defense beyond 7 yards, made quick decisions and had some pocket presence. Lynch and the other RBs would have benefited from any QB not named Trent. In my opinion although it's a small sample size for this year last Sunday was more indicative of how we should expect the talent on this team to perform.

Edited by PDaDdy

no offense but your numbers are a little off. Lynch has 33 carries for 157 yards.... which would be 4.7 yards per carry. He is our #1 back.

to compare:

Freddie has 17 carries for 66 yards.... 3.9 YPC, not to mention his lovely 4 carries for 8 yards this past sunday. Oh and he has been thrown to 5 times, for 0 yards...

Spiller has 12 carries for 38 yards.... 3.2 YPC

I'm sorry but i don't buy that the bills are showcasing him. To do what? To show that he is the best back on the team. Yup that makes sense, trade the best back on our team.

Oddly I'm sure people will argue that Marshawn is getting the bulk of the carries and thats why his numbers are better.... Funny how that works huh? Which would explain a lot about last season.

Edited by Wayne333

JR, you seem to be suffering from amnesia - is this 'wholly ineffective dancing', or running 'straight through the hole and right over the defenders', I ask you????

(CAUTION: backgound rap music with multiple f-bombs & n-bombs - turn volume off at work and near kids)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDVcyD0SwEg

Lynch might actually be my favorite Buffalo Bill - about the only thing more enjoyable to watch than those 'dance moves' is...

(that stiff-arm reminds me of Cookie Gilchrist)

Any trade for Marshawn Lynch, whom I'd HATE to see leave, had better be for a first round pick and player(s) or add'l picks. We will not see a back like him in a Bills uniform for a long, long time.

Haha. Yeah, I called him a "dancer." He should be on "Dancing with the Stars," in fact.

Even when he has a huge hole, he tries to dance in it, instead of running through it. He needs to realize that he is a bruising RB. One cut, hit the hole, lower your shoulder. Instead, he thinks he can juke and jive; I've never seen the guy successfully juke anyone before.

I will give him credit though; he's run well the last two weeks; but you can still see the dancer in him.

that's funny. i have seen him juke many players! and yes, behind our super weak oline. imagine what he would do behind a solid line???

they dont call him beast mode for nothing. really jr you dont know jack about this subject.

JR, you seem to be suffering from amnesia - is this 'wholly ineffective dancing', or running 'straight through the hole and right over the defenders', I ask you????

(CAUTION: backgound rap music with multiple f-bombs & n-bombs - turn volume off at work and near kids)

youtube.com/watch?v=MDVcyD0SwEg

Lynch might actually be my favorite Buffalo Bill - about the only thing more enjoyable to watch than those 'dance moves' is...

(that stiff-arm reminds me of Cookie Gilchrist)

Any trade for Marshawn Lynch, whom I'd HATE to see leave, had better be for a first round pick and player(s) or add'l picks. We will not see a back like him in a Bills uniform for a long, long time.

i would hate to see him leave too.

As a young, rebuilding team, the Buffalo Bills do not need 3 potential #1 running backs. Like the saying "to many cooks in the kitchen". I think the brain trusts realizes this as well. Marshawn is the odd man out and since he didn't play much last year and was injured the Bills are showcasing him to teams basically promoting he still has the ability to be a #1 back.

I just don't get why people keep wanting us to trade our best players - Lynch, Evans etc.

I could see a trade if we could get a quality player who would really fill a gap, the problem is we have so many gaps it's hard to know which gap is the most critical.

If this is indeed a rebuilding of the Bills for the future (which i believe it is) and by the prior statements made by both Nix & Gailey that they are always looking to make the team better , it would make total sense that they will look at & listen to any offers on players that don't fit their plan for the future.

Marshawn is a good back & very tough but Fred ain't no slouch !!! If they can get what they want a starter & a higher draft pick it would totally be worth it . You see the Pats doing that stuff all the time (Richard Seymore) I just wish they would have done it before they let Joique Bell go !!!!!

Agreed. Bell seemed like he had huge upside. But if Marshawn stays here in Buffalo and becomes a FA after the end of next season, its very likely that he'll go to a place like Oakland/SF or Atlanta or Baltimore. Then we have nothing to show. We obviously aren't going to win a championship in the next 18 months anyway so the Bills probably don't see Lynch as a long term asset.

He's a tough back, but I don't think he hits the line as hard as he used to. He's still great after contact though, and I think right now we need one other team who likes his style to get an injury and approach us about a trade. This might get Green Bay motivated and get us a better deal. Its always better when there are two or more teams interested in a player. When there's only one team, the offers usually stall.

that's funny. i have seen him juke many players! and yes, behind our super weak oline. imagine what he would do behind a solid line???

they dont call him beast mode for nothing. really jr you dont know jack about this subject.

I know what I've seen for the last 3-4 years, and Lynch's favorite song is "Dancing Queen." He's no McGahee in terms of the the number of dance moves he has, but he loves to two-step from side to side, rather than going straight. It's just night and day comparing how Jackson runs (straight)and Lynch runs (sideways).

But let's assume I'm wrong and Lynch is a 6.1 ypc break-away RB, how can you not trade him? There is 0% chance that the Bills re-sign him. Trade him at his peak value, which is now.

Calling Marshawn a "dancer"?? I have to stop reading these posts. They're driving me crazy. You don't trade your most complete RB unless you get real value for him. Your terms, not theirs. My guess is...no trade.

I think last season, Lynch did do some "dancing" and looked heavier, sluggish and just not into it. This year after a little playing time, he seems to be back to his old self. I said months ago, if he got his head on straight, stayed out of trouble and got in shape, he is still the best/most complete back on the roster. I like Fred Jackson, but if you had to trade one of the them (I wouldn't trade any of them myself), I would trade him. Fred is smaller, older and doesn't have the hands (he has dropped both passes thrown his way this year) that Lynch has. To trade Lynch at this point, would be dumb, but it would follow the pattern that this new regime is already establishing for themselves.

.......athletic version of Fred Jackson. FRED JACKSON IS THE ODD MAN OUT!!! Why people can't see that he is the guy they can do without at 30 is beyond me.

It's getting that I just can't stand it anymore. I know it's not a big thing but it's driving me buggy.....

People, please read: Jackson is 29 years old and turns 30 well after the season, Super Bowl and all, is over and done with!! That is in no way, shape, or form, 30 years old! Sheesh!!

I know what I've seen for the last 3-4 years, and Lynch's favorite song is "Dancing Queen." He's no McGahee in terms of the the number of dance moves he has, but he loves to two-step from side to side, rather than going straight. It's just night and day comparing how Jackson runs (straight)and Lynch runs (sideways).

I'm sure you're kidding - ML's favorite song is probably something NSFW by Bay Area rapper 'Keak da Sneak'; I doubt he ever listened to ABBA!

And don't dare call him a 'Dancing Queen' to his face, or say he doesn't run straight - you're likely to be hit by Marshawn's 'Weapon of Mass Destruction'...

I just love this 'dance move' too...

Marshawn Lynch puts the hurt on Oregon DB

Told ya! Not just a good move by the front office, but a great move dealing lynch for a 4th and conditional out of the conference! Obviously Nix realized what was the best 1/2 RB combo in a crowded position on the team. Time to pound Jackson and Spiller down opponents throats the next 3-5 years. :thumbsup:

This opens up many exiting things to the playbook with the wild-cat now that Spiller/Jackson can be the featured backs. I bet we start seeing some wild-cat option and other exciting things added to the playbook. Spiller/Jackson has much more potential, more balance and can do more than the Spiller/Lynch attack.

GO BILLS!

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever