I am suspicious of open roster spot

I certainly hope they aren't planning on going after someone like Kevin Kolb.......It would remind me too much of how they thought Rob Johnson was a starting QB....Rob had a good game starting due to injury, we gave up too many picks for him, he came to Buffalo and stunk.

Kolb has a few good games as a starter, but I'm not sure the guy is a starting NFL QB. He may not be any better than Fitz.

I have a feeling something is in the works....

Edited by Azucho98

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A buddy of mine thinks we should pick up Nate Davis off of San Fran's PS. Check out this 65 yard toss in preseason. Thoughts please...

youtube.com/watch?v=i5UKir1Py70

A lot of people think that Nate Davis is the best QB on the 49ers... guy has a learning disability though, supposedly that's what is holding him back

When a team waits beyond 12 hours to fill a vacant roster spot there is ALWAYS a reason. Most team fill a vacancy within 3 hours........

The Buffalo Bills are waiting on something.

Could be another trade today with 2 players received....

Have to wait and see but I checked tranactions on the Bills website, nothing! :blink:

I am telling you guys......something is up! :flirt:

I was correct on Fitz starting game #3 and I also predicted Edwards would be waived. If I am right again........I get the hat trick :lol:

They are trading Lindell to the Saints! Brilliant!

A buddy of mine thinks we should pick up Nate Davis off of San Fran's PS. Check out this 65 yard toss in preseason. Thoughts please...

I wouldn't mind that as an option. Pretty sure he he has a learning disability and it may take some time to learn this new offense, so I doubt this happens.

Edited by qwksilver

At this point in the week I think they'll just save it for Nelson. They're going to need an open spot next week anyway, why bring a guy in with 4 days notice who almost certainly will not dress this weekend?

That makes the most sense. I was wondering whom they'd cut when Nelson comes back - never guessed it'd be Edwards.

(Of course, if God's in his Heaven and all's right with the world, we could make room for Nelson by cutting Cornell Green.)

I'm thinking they are looking around the league for a viable backup QB, if they can't find anyone they like I think they will re sign QB Levi Brown

If they bring Brown back it will really make them look ridiculous, since Brown has had 2 or 3 tryouts for a #3 spot and nobody has even thought about making an offer to him. Besides Ralphie loves open roster spots, that means he is paying one less salary than other teams.

Edited by billsfreak

Have you seen LJ play this season? Slower than dirt going uphill in a stiff wind. He looked terrible in before the Skins cut him.

I agree, LJ hasn't just lost a step he has lost a bunch of steps. I wouldn't think the the Bills really do have any plans of trading Lynch at this point. If they did, the smart thing would have been to protect J. Bell on the practice squad when the Eagles tried to claim him. It is normally no big loss when you lose a practice squad player (just ask the Packers), but I was kinda bummed that Bell got away.

Other teams, like the phins, have an open roster spot. it doesnt mean anything. There is no blockbuster coming. They cut trent bc he sucked and was bad in the locker room, not to clear a roster spot which could have been done many other ways.

NOBODY SAID A BLOCKBUSTER, just something is up~ :flirt:

I'm thinking they are looking around the league for a viable backup QB, if they can't find anyone they like I think they will re sign QB Levi Brown

My guess is Brohm is the back-up QB going forward and they're taking time trying to figure it out if having a 3rd QB is as important as having depth on another position.