Just Watched First Half of GB Game

HarkinBanks

Very end of the first half...about 1:30 left..Bills down 13-7. The Bills have tons of momentum and it's 3rd and 6 and Edwards drops back to pass. He had a nice pocket and no pressure at all. Both Bell and Green are doing a great job blocking the edges and there is very little push up the middle.

Edwards delivers a 4 yard pass to Stevie Johnson who has a Packer right on his back and is immediately taken down two yards short of the first down. ROSCOE PARRISH WAS WIDE OPEN NOT FIVE YARDS AWAY FROM JOHNSON. Parrish had a clean break off the line and was streaking through the secondary. It would have been a short, easy throw for Edwards and a massive gain for Parrish.

Edwards is so scared, he just looked happy to throw the ball away and get a completion. He had no interest in trying stand in the pocket and "make the play" that would have kept the drive alive. He just wanted to get rid of the ball. When you focus in on this one play, it is completely implicating of all that is wrong with Edwards.

IF he makes that throw to Parrish, the Bills are down 13-10 or up 14-13 at half time. Maybe they are not as far away as we think. Momentum means everything to a football game.

yup. that play would have made me sit his sorry arse for the second half. the guy isn't an nfl quarterback. fitz would have made that play.

Very end of the first half...about 1:30 left..Bills down 13-7. The Bills have tons of momentum and it's 3rd and 6 and Edwards drops back to pass. He had a nice pocket and no pressure at all. Both Bell and Green are doing a great job blocking the edges and there is very little push up the middle.

Edwards delivers a 4 yard pass to Stevie Johnson who has a Packer right on his back and is immediately taken down two yards short of the first down. ROSCOE PARRISH WAS WIDE OPEN NOT FIVE YARDS AWAY FROM JOHNSON. Parrish had a clean break off the line and was streaking through the secondary. It would have been a short, easy throw for Edwards and a massive gain for Parrish.

Edwards is so scared, he just looked happy to throw the ball away and get a completion. He had no interest in trying stand in the pocket and "make the play" that would have kept the drive alive. He just wanted to get rid of the ball. When you focus in on this one play, it is completely implicating of all that is wrong with Edwards.

IF he makes that throw to Parrish, the Bills are down 13-10 or up 14-13 at half time. Maybe they are not as far away as we think. Momentum means everything to a football game.

I noticed the same play watching the game last Sunday. While it's true the Bills have plenty of other weaknesses, and while it's true that Ryan Fitzpatrick is not the next franchise QB, it's also true that getting Trent out of the mix will be a HUGE boost to our hopes.

That's not to say we will beat New England, in fact, we will likely get trounced. But it should at least allow us to win 5-6 games this year... And keep us from getting 'Luck'y in April.

The goal for me these days is that Sundays provide some drama and entertainment. So I'm excited that we have a chance to be in some games and who knows - stranger things have happened, haven't they? Maybe not.

But regardless, my motto is unchanged - GO BILLS!!!!!!!

I agree that Edwards just wanted to get the ball out of his hands and take the target off of his head as quickly as possible.

Let's hope that Fitz is an improvement - perhaps Fitz would read Parrish being open and then throw it in the dirt, 2 yards behind him. We need someone who makes the right reads AND has the slightest bit of accuracy...

I agree that Edwards just wanted to get the ball out of his hands and take the target off of his head as quickly as possible.

Let's hope that Fitz is an improvement - perhaps Fitz would read Parrish being open and then throw it in the dirt, 2 yards behind him. We need someone who makes the right reads AND has the slightest bit of accuracy...

I hate to say it, but I think he's felt that target on his head since October 5, 2008 (Cardinals game).

I agree 100%.... Edwards views the football like a hot potato

Yes, Ryan Mallett would be the answer. He would have seen Parrish and would have thrown it over his head, or behind him, or thrown the INT.

Yesterday's college games made me realize Mallett --or any non-NFL-seasoned QB-- is not the answer.

yup. that play would have made me sit his sorry arse for the second half. the guy isn't an nfl quarterback. fitz would have made that play.

To be fair, Fitz would have made that throw not play. People need to remember he lost the starting job to TE because he made fewer plays. He has demonstrated accuracy problems since coming to Buffalo but I've read it's always been the case. So, a good NFL QB makes that play, Fitz Makes that throw and TE just takes the closest wide open receiver.

If TE beat him out, he may be marginally better than Trent on game day but he's not the messiah.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Yes, Ryan Mallett would be the answer. He would have seen Parrish and would have thrown it over his head, or behind him, or thrown the INT.

Yesterday's college games made me realize Mallett --or any non-NFL-seasoned QB-- is not the answer.

Ugh so sick of hearing about Mallett. After watching the QB prospects this weekend no one stood out as being NFL ready talent. Sorry Mallett and Luck fans.

I had a dream last night that the Lions won the Super Bowl (over Miami, no less), putting up more than 50 points, and in the dream, I actually remember coming on here and using the game as proof that we needed top spend our #1 pick on a QB, no matter what...

So, um, yeah, good story silvermike.

Agreed. From what I saw, he was horrible.

OTOH, whenever I looked up to check out the Stanford game, Luck was making a sound/intelligent play. I know his stats weren't great, but he looked like a real QB. But he is likely to stay in school another year, it seems.

Yah I wouldn't bother drafting a quarterback either. Its not like having the chance at getting elite-level quarterback play is important in the NFL.

Heck, there were like 2 or 3 times ever that a team with a poor quarterback won the Superbowl.

That could be us!!!!!!

Ugh so sick of hearing about Mallett. After watching the QB prospects this weekend no one stood out as being NFL ready talent. Sorry Mallett and Luck fans.

If another McNabb-level QB becomes available in the trade market, I'm all for it. Do what it takes to get the guy. But assuming that doesn't happen, the next best option is to draft a guy high. Even if he's not "NFL ready". No rookie is NFL ready. Even when a rookie has a really good year for a good team (Matt Ryan, Flacco, Roethlisbathroom, and Marino, and that's the whole list), it basically comes as a surprise to the team that drafted him. Atlanta didn't expect to make the playoffs 2 years ago. Baltimore wouldn't have even started Flacco if Troy Smith didn't get hurt. It's hard enough to find a good QB without limiting yourself to only ones that can help you right away. Peyton Manning struggled mightily in his rookie year. Should the Colts have passed on him for a guy who was NFL ready?

From what I've seen so far, Luck looks like the real deal, but I don't expect him to declare for the draft this year. Mallett is a little shakier, but possibly the real deal. Jake Locker is dead to me. And I haven't seen him yet, but I'm told Arizona's QB is maybe better than Mallett.