Getting really tired of this Pats* cheater stuff.

I live in the neutral zone. There are no pro teams here. I know raiders, Vikings, Bears, giants and cowboy :sick: fans. None of them remember or care about the video taping incident that obsesses Bills fans. Because it was chickenshit to the rest of the world.

But that's not the point, Jim...think of the example this sets for the kids...

...oh, wait. You're not a liberal, you're a conservative.

But that's not the point, Jim...think of what this does to family values...

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, the Bills are going 0 - 16 as stand up guys, that's for sure. We will hold our heads high as the rest of the league and country laughs their butts off at us. Great. Pal, after this season, everyone will be giving up rooting for this team.

Yeah, that stuff bothered me when I was 12 too.

I would rather go 0-16 than win a Superbowl under those circumstances.

Or maybe you don't care about winning with honor, dignity, or class. I'm not saying the guys all have to be saints (although I wish they played like they were Saints...), but win the right way. If Buffalo ever won that way, it would break my heart. I'd have to give up rooting for my team.

Hopefully you're trolling. If not though, I'm stunned.

I agree with you there. I would rather lose honestly, then win pathetically.

I would rather go 0-16 than win a Superbowl under those circumstances.

Once you get caught cheating, you're illegitimate. It might not seem like much in the rush of the present, but think in terms of history. Do you honestly want the first Superbowl the Bills ever won to be tainted forever? You can think of football in a lot of different ways, but with the ever increasing emphasis on the NFL as a family oriented game (as evidenced by the increasingly stringent tailgating restrictions), you can't help but think about its impact on the next generation.

Do you want to implicitly tell your kids that it's okay to cheat to get ahead, because their favorite team did it and was successful in doing so? What the Patriots did is so much worse than steroid use. Steroids are most often used by an individual to perform at higher level than they could normally achieve, one way or the other. The Pats, however, did something that violated the rules on an organizational level. It was a conscious effort by at least a few powerful people in the Pats coaching staff/front office to do something they knew violated the rules.

Or maybe you don't care about winning with honor, dignity, or class. I'm not saying the guys all have to be saints (although I wish they played like they were Saints...), but win the right way. If Buffalo ever won that way, it would break my heart. I'd have to give up rooting for my team.

Hopefully you're trolling. If not though, I'm stunned.

Jesus, Lord. Well written. Thank you.

Seems like you are guessing plenty ................

How are you able to continue typing such drivel while Belichick's 'taint is blocking your sightline? Pretty impressive, you and Douche in Anchorage are talented typists, able to simultaneously fully focus on two wholly unrelated tasks.

\

Please give me other examples of cheating [proven] besides video taping a DC.

Not proven, but I was at SB 27 in Pasadena. The post game interview with Kent Hull included a statement that Dallas' defense had radios in their helmets. I would not put that beyond JJ.

Edited by ConradDobler

Not proven, but I was at SB 27 in Pasadena. The post game interview with Kent Hull included a statement that Dallas' defense had radios in their helmets. I would not put that beyond JJ.

Have you seen any other reference to this aside from your own recollection?

FightinIrish, you are now on my very short list of Bills fans on this website who are capable of critical and rational thought. Nice posts man.

Hey, thanks guys, I really do appreciate it. Just calling it the way I see it. I haven't been a Bills fan for nearly as long as some folks on here, but I've lived through just enough to have taken my lumps (when your earliest childhood memories are the last of the Superbowl years and your formative sports memories as a pre-teen is the Music City Screwjob, you're officially part of the club). Still, with all of that heartbreak, I wouldn't trade one second of pain for the "glory" of a tainted victory.

Honestly Jim, I can understand where you're coming from. You, just like everyone else who lives and dies with Buffalo Bills football, wants to see some heart and desire out of this organization again. I, however, don't think that cheating shows anything resembling heart. Do you really have faith in your players if you think they can't win without cheating? Do you have any pride in what you've built together as a team if taped signals are the key ingredient to your success? What a complete lack of trust in your organization if that's what you have to stoop to.

For some people, winning is an end in and of itself, and it doesn't matter if it's completely divorced from anything resembling hard-work and passion. You might not think something like that has any effect on a younger generation, but in truth it's a cynical attitude that spreads like a cancer. Even if the Bills do suck the rest of my life, I'd like to know that at least they came by it honestly.

Yep, the Bills are going 0 - 16 as stand up guys, that's for sure. We will hold our heads high as the rest of the league and country laughs their butts off at us. Great. Pal, after this season, everyone will be giving up rooting for this team.

You do realize that even if the Bills do go 0-16, Bill Belicheat*, who owns the Raiders #1 draft pick in 2011, will find a way - with Roger Goodell's blessing and full cooperation - to negate any Oakland wins such that they will still be first overall in the draft order.

Well, Belichick found a loophole in the "spygate" by-laws. The rule disallows taping for use DURING the game. Belichick's point was that the Pats weren't using the tape DURING the game but rather for future reference.

The league abviously didn't see it as a loophole - calling it one doesn't make it one.

As far as I know it was not illegal at the time because it was the precipice of that kind of thing. It's due to the Steelers rampant use of them that it later became illegal. Using performance enhancing drugs is cheating regardless of whether or not it's illegal, in my humble opinion, because it creates an unbalanced playing field.

Not trying to defend this - but the league's response puts these two situations in different categories. One - a problem to be solved, the other - a 'crime' to be punished.

I live in the neutral zone. There are no pro teams here. I know raiders, Vikings, Bears, giants and cowboy :sick: fans. None of them remember or care about the video taping incident that obsesses Bills fans. Because it was chickenshit to the rest of the world.

Any AFC East teams? Rams? Remember, you brought this up. I think the * thing is almost a running 'gag' at this point. Just because folks put it near the Pats* name doesn't mean they spend too much time thinking about it. It's like a nickname - an overused cliche. Don't worry, be happy. Have a nice day.

Jesus, Lord. Well written. Thank you.

+1

Hey, thanks guys, I really do appreciate it. Just calling it the way I see it. I haven't been a Bills fan for nearly as long as some folks on here, but I've lived through just enough to have taken my lumps (when your earliest childhood memories are the last of the Superbowl years and your formative sports memories as a pre-teen is the Music City Screwjob, you're officially part of the club). Still, with all of that heartbreak, I wouldn't trade one second of pain for the "glory" of a tainted victory.

Honestly Jim, I can understand where you're coming from. You, just like everyone else who lives and dies with Buffalo Bills football, wants to see some heart and desire out of this organization again. I, however, don't think that cheating shows anything resembling heart. Do you really have faith in your players if you think they can't win without cheating? Do you have any pride in what you've built together as a team if taped signals are the key ingredient to your success? What a complete lack of trust in your organization if that's what you have to stoop to.

For some people, winning is an end in and of itself, and it doesn't matter if it's completely divorced from anything resembling hard-work and passion. You might not think something like that has any effect on a younger generation, but in truth it's a cynical attitude that spreads like a cancer. Even if the Bills do suck the rest of my life, I'd like to know that at least they came by it honestly.

It's like Watergate. Each generation or two re-learns that corporate-funded politicians are capable of lying, cheating and stealing. You'd think we'd remember it - given world and national history. But, in any case, when it blatantly happens and the politicians get caught it's such a big story that it impacts a generation or two. No, Jim, I'm not trying to compare Watergate to the Pats* thing. But, you're being naive if you don't think most people take football more seriously than citizenship. My point is that all of this stuff impacts us culturally. It's not just 20 year old chicken$h1t.

For those saying only Bills fans think the Pats* cheated that's a laugh. Anyone who reads a national online publication like PFT for example can see for themselves that fans League-wide despise the Pats* and call them out on their cheating to this day and I don't expect that to end anytime soon (if ever). You're a blind Pats* homer to think otherwise.

PS All this talk about the Cheats* made me go back last night before bed and crank up that SB game on my DVR. Best non-Bills game ever....

The league abviously didn't see it as a loophole - calling it one doesn't make it one.

The league? You mean the ex Jets employee, Godell, don't you? Not only was he the jury but he was also the judge.

For those saying only Bills fans think the Pats* cheated that's a laugh.

I'm sure some other fans harp on this issue don't get me wrong. But, no opposing teams fan base does so to the extreme of those in here. For whatever reason.

There's already an asterisk next to their* first Superbowl win.

What did they* do, you ask? Seriously???

In case you forgot, or just didn't know...

Report: Source claims Patriots* taped Rams before Super Bowl

There is absolute no depth to which Belicheat* will not lower himself to gain an advantage. On my flight to Boston this week I was told by a New Englander* that BB* actually contributed to the design of Gillette Stadium by insisting that the visitor's locker room be positioned/configured such to require a lengthy, circuitous, out-of-the-way walk (approx. 6 minutes - 12 round trip - unless they run, while the Cheatriettes* merely walk thru a portal directly behind their* bench), which gives the visiting team about 3 minutes or so for half-time strategical game-plan adjustments.

I'm also told that, after the cheating scandal became public, Bob Kraft* actually launched a network of Low Earth Orbit satellites that Belicheat* uses to gather surveillance video on all NFL teams from the secret mountain fortress that Kraft* has hidden deep in the New Hampshire's White Mountains...

Bill Belicheat's Secret Mountain Hideaway

...and, when confronted with those rumors, Belicheat* responded matter-of-factly, "There's nothing in the NFL rule book about Low Earth Orbit satellites."

Now, why don't the Bills cheat, you ask? Well, first, because it's just wrong. Second, because if Chan actually requested a similar setup from Ralph, RW would probably attempt to piece together a network of broken or unused transponders on aging C-band satellites and a recon facility in the Orchard Park woods something like this...

Chan's Surveillance Shack

We don't need to cheat to beat NE* this Sunday...

BuffTown Billsss 20

NE Cheatriettes* - 3

GO BILLSSS!!!!

17 and 2 maybe!!!!! B-)

Senator, that was awesome! Thanks for a good laugh in this disturbing thread.

Good way to end this Jim, go follow the freaking Patriots and revel in their cleverness and questionable morality. You'll be happier and we won't suffer dumb ass threads like this. What don't you get? They broke the rules, knowingly. Just becuase you think the rule is stupid is moot. They cheated. Deal with it. Now go ahead and enjoy your new team.

Certainly hard to believe he's a Bills fan. I think this is a great idea. Who in their right mind wants their team to cheat as to show passion or will to win? That's just frickin stupid. Jim, this has got to be one of the worst threads this year. Seriously.

The league? You mean the ex Jets employee, Godell, don't you? Not only was he the jury but he was also the judge.

I'm sure some other fans harp on this issue don't get me wrong. But, no opposing teams fan base does so to the extreme of those in here. For whatever reason.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that they are in our division, we play them twice a year every year, and we haven't beat them in a coon's age. No one would give a **** if we were pounding them every year.

Edited by Erik Flowers