Finally got one,

Bob in STL

Well it only took me 1,538 posts but I found a suitable avatar.

Tom Sestak. He retired after the 1969 season so he never officially played in the NFL. He had many knee injuries that cut his career short. Sestak was known to be big, strong and fast. He is a defensive tackle on the All Time AFL Team, which is recognized in the Pro Football HoF. His names also graces The Stadium Wall at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

Sestak is one of the main reasons why the Bills won back to back AFL championships. He was the best player on the best defense the AFL. His teams, coach by Lou Saban, defeated the powerful San Diego Chargers two times.

I once met Paul Macguire and he told me that Sestak was "a behometh with speed" and "the best defensive player in the league at that time". Exactly what my father said many years prior.

Anyway, a little break from the "Trent sucks" and "what is Chan thinking" stuff.

Tom Sestak. He retired after the 1969 season so he never officially played in the NFL. He had many knee injuries that cut his career short. Sestak was known to be big, strong and fast. He is a defensive tackle on the All Time AFL Team, which is recognized in the Pro Football HoF. His names also graces The Stadium Wall at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

Sestak is one of the main reasons why the Bills won back to back AFL championships. He was the best player on the best defense the AFL. His teams, coach by Lou Saban, defeated the powerful San Diego Chargers two times.

I once met Paul Macguire and he told me that Sestak was "a behometh with speed" and "the best defensive player in the league at that time". Exactly what my father said many years prior.

Anyway, a little break from the "Trent sucks" and "what is Chan thinking" stuff.

I wonder "what Chan is thinking" about your avatar?

Seriously, nice call with good reasoning behind it. You may have a future here on this message board, even without Wade Phillips' picture.

I wonder "what Chan is thinking" about your avatar?

Seriously, nice call with good reasoning behind it. You may have a future here on this message board, even without Wade Phillips' picture.

Wade Phillips? Will he finish the season?

Good call on the Avatar. Although at that time in my youth I was a huge Mike Stratton Fan.

Looks like "the hit".

I'd take that one step further. He was the best player on the team! That's really saying something, considering Saimes, Shaw, Jacobs, McDole, Gilchrest, Duby & Kemp/Lamonica.

I recall being stunned to learn of his untimely, early death. How could any human, so strong, die so young? I was kinda naive back then..:blush:

Magnificent choice! :thumbsup:

Wade Phillips? Will he finish the season?

Knowing Jerry Jones, I'm sure he's building a list of replacements, if not making phone calls right now. You could win 3 super bowls for dallas and still be in peril at some point.

Must be nice what? That he has a cool avatar and you.........have a kitty? :lol:

Looks like a cool cat.

I'd take that one step further. He was the best player on the team! That's really saying something, considering Saimes, Shaw, Jacobs, McDole, Gilchrest, Duby & Kemp/Lamonica.

I recall being stunned to learn of his untimely, early death. How could any human, so strong, die so young? I was kinda naive back then..:blush:

Thanks. If you ever get a chance to watch "Full Color Football" you should. It is a 5 part series about the 10 awesome years of AFL football. Lots of good things about the Bills and all of the teams. No mention of Sestak, which surprised me, but the defense of 64 and 65 was covered in good detail.

Looks like a cool cat.

Thanks. If you ever get a chance to watch "Full Color Football" you should. It is a 5 part series about the 10 awesome years of AFL football. Lots of good things about the Bills and all of the teams. No mention of Sestak, which surprised me, but the defense of 64 and 65 was covered in good detail.

I had just met Ernie Warlick in the Minneapolis Airport a few weeks back and then I saw either that special or the one on HBO about black players in the AFL (I saw them both, but I can't remember which one he was on) and he was interviewed on it. Pretty cool.

I had just met Ernie Warlick in the Minneapolis Airport a few weeks back and then I saw either that special or the one on HBO about black players in the AFL (I saw them both, but I can't remember which one he was on) and he was interviewed on it. Pretty cool.

Yes. Ernie Warlick was in it. He talked about the AFL All Star game in New Orleans and that they did not play the game there due to racism. The black players were to be put in separate hotels and restaurants. Both black and white players stood up against it and they moved the game to Houston.

One funny part was Cookie Gilcrest had a great line when asking for cab in New Orleans. The Hotel guy tells him to go get a colored cab. Legend has it that Cookie answered "I don't care what color the cab is, I just need a cab!" It was not funny back then though.

Well, Trent does suck, but I've been thinking about a change myself - I know the 'Leach thing' has gotten old, but this one doesn't fit the size limit...

There are a number of free programs and online sites, that will shrink the size/information in a gif/jpeg files. Some are better than others and some pictures are more readily reduced. I'd bet you can get that picture down to a very manageable size. Here's an online gif and jpeg reducer. Dunno if these site are the best, but it couldn't hurt to start here:

http://www.gifreducer.com/

http://www.jpegreducer.com/

There are a number of free programs and online sites, that will shrink the size/information in a gif/jpeg files. Some are better than others and some pictures are more readily reduced. I'd bet you can get that picture down to a very manageable size. Here's an online gif and jpeg reducer. Dunno if these site are the best, but it couldn't hurt to start here:

http://www.gifreducer.com/

http://www.jpegreducer.com/

Wow! Can't wait to get rid of Leach, eh? :D

(Off to Beantown this afternoon, Gillette Stadium* on Sunday - if you're ears start ringing on Saturday, don't worry - it's just me & Schuh :beer: )

Wow! Can't wait to get rid of Leach, eh? :D

(Off to Beantown this afternoon, Gillette Stadium* on Sunday - if you're ears start ringing on Saturday, don't worry - it's just me & Schuh :beer: )

Yo to Schuh, Koz and all.

Go Bills!

:beer: