Schopp is a dope

ET1062

Listening to him and the bullfrog right now and I want to throw the radio out the window. He can not seem to understand why Gailey would bench Trent after only two games. Hey Mike, have your watched the games? Trent SUCKS! He is afraid to throw the football. He did not show his timidness in practice, training camp or the preseason, but when the bullets started to fly, he rolled up in the fetal position. Chan has no choice but to bench him, he should have done it in the third quarter against GB. Kudos to Chan for realizing he made a mistake with this clown and is now playing one of the other crappy cards in his hand.

Listening to him and the bullfrog right now and I want to throw the radio out the window. He can not seem to understand why Gailey would bench Trent after only two games. Hey Mike, have your watched the games? Trent SUCKS! He is afraid to throw the football. He did not show his timidness in practice, training camp or the preseason, but when the bullets started to fly, he rolled up in the fetal position. Chan has no choice but to bench him, he should have done it in the third quarter against GB. Kudos to Chan for realizing he made a mistake with this clown and is now playing one of the other crappy cards in his hand.

I used to like listening to Schopp about a decade ago on WNSA... but either YE OLE was naive back then or Schopp has evolved into the Jack of Asses. But I can't stand hearing this clown any longer. Now mind you... YE isn't in the area so he goes to greater lengths than some to stream his Buffalo sports talk. YE will also tell you this... he used to listen to WNSA everyday without fail on the INTERWEBS, but these days I do not bother with WGR. I'm assuming that Howard Simon is still decent enough, but it's just not the same.

Any time someone calls up and says Fitz is a better, Mike goes straight to statistics. The statistics he uses are QB Rating and Completion percentage. QB rating is mainly based on completion percentage so it would stand to reason that a QB who doesnt throw the football past the line of scrimage would have a higher percentage and thus a a higher QB rating. Try using some common sense and not just looking at figures. Figures lie, and liars figure.

Schopp is nothing more than a stat boy who is showing he doesn't understand the difference between a stat sheet & what actually goes on when they're on the field. If Lee Evans & the rest of the players didn't have to be so politically correct, they could call in & tell him that when you have a QB who has basically make the WR position useless & the other guy has shown he can use the WRs, you have to go with the guy who doesn't make a $9 million receiver useless.

This is a prime example why I always say how worthless QB stats are and that's why the players & coaches look at the film instead of the coaches handing out a stat sheet at team meetings and say "discuss among yourselves"

Edited by Albany,n.y.

You mean a bunch of guys who halfheartedly watch the game on TV dont know what theyre talking about? shocking.

Perhaps there's a reason they are stuck doing AM radio in Buffalo instead of unleashing their analytical skills someplace else.

I doubt they could spot a cover 2 defense or analyze film of a prospect.

Talk radio guys are nothing more than your average joe with a microphone.

What gets me is how they talk up paul hamiltion as the swami of the Bills and Sabres.

Could not agree with you anymore. I give Chan the Man a pass on this year, but by the start of next year we better have a better line and better qb! He had no idea what he had until it all started. Even most people said he brought Trent back to life even in the preaseason. The bullets did start and he choked. Chan couldn't have seen this, and most likely had to give Trent the best chance to show what he could do. If anything I give Chan credit to believe he could revive Trent. He now knows that Trent just isn't cut for the big boys, and he seen it for himself and didn't take anyones word for it. Now Chan must make do with what he has. He made his bed, he can sleep in it.

Listening to him and the bullfrog right now and I want to throw the radio out the window. He can not seem to understand why Gailey would bench Trent after only two games. Hey Mike, have your watched the games? Trent SUCKS! He is afraid to throw the football. He did not show his timidness in practice, training camp or the preseason, but when the bullets started to fly, he rolled up in the fetal fecal position. Chan has no choice but to bench him, he should have done it in the third quarter against GB. Kudos to Chan for realizing he made a mistake with this clown and is now playing one of the other crappy cards in his hand.

And if Trent wasn't benched yesterday, d'ya think the dynamic duo would be bitching about that? I do.

Oh, and fixed. :pirate:

It's even more hysterical when you consider that Schopp spent all of his on air time yesterday bitching about the fact that Trent won't throw the ball downfield. :wallbash:

They are hockey guys who have to cover football and in fairness to both of them, you could not pay me enough money to talk for hours every day about the Bills when the team is in the shape it's in.

It's worse they bring in Sullivan, who admitted the other day he misses Langston Walker because he had cool stories about Cairo and he was sick of talking about football. I was thinking "Its your JOB you pessimistic hack......"

These guys are all burned out from the team being boring and its hard to blame em.

They are hockey guys who have to cover football and in fairness to both of them, you could not pay me enough money to talk for hours every day about the Bills when the team is in the shape it's in.

It's worse they bring in Sullivan, who admitted the other day he misses Langston Walker because he had cool stories about Cairo and he was sick of talking about football. I was thinking "Its your JOB you pessimistic hack......"

These guys are all burned out from the team being boring and its hard to blame em.

In all fairness they same applies to them talking hockey.

I think he's coming from the perspective that he can't believe Edwards really won a bonafide QB during the OTA's and camp, and is being yanked after two games. It's not so much that he sucked in those games(without question). It's more of astonishment that Edwards could have won it so easily(if there indeed was one), and if there was, how Gailey could have been so off in the assessment. It's a legitimate point IMHO.

I think he's coming from the perspective that he can't believe Edwards really won a bonafide QB during the OTA's and camp, and is being yanked after two games. It's not so much that he sucked in those games(without question). It's more of astonishment that Edwards could have won it so easily(if there indeed was one), and if there was, how Gailey could have been so off in the assessment. It's a legitimate point IMHO.

It ignores that Gailey has said all along that things change when its goes live and the helmets are buckled.

TE won job based on OTA and camp.

WHen it went live he wilted.

Desperation or accountability - seems some have mixed that up but in any event he's benched bc he stunk it up. Rest assured if Fitz blows he will be too.

It ignores that Gailey has said all along that things change when its goes live and the helmets are buckled.

TE won job based on OTA and camp.

WHen it went live he wilted.

Desperation or accountability - seems some have mixed that up but in any event he's benched bc he stunk it up. Rest assured if Fitz blows he will be too.

agreed

If you saw my post on Sully, you can just ditto it for Schopp. In fact, Schopp and lapdog pretty much parrot anything Sully says. So Sully writes that Chan is desperate for benching TE after two games, it's a no-brainer Schopp will repeat it ad nauseum on the radio and of course lap dog has no original thoughts in his head and agrees with Schopp more than Ed McMahon agreed with Carson. They just delight in being counter to anything that happens at OBD. That's just their little niche. Do what I do, turn them off.

So these guys rip on him endlessly every day on the radio and give him a double dose on the post game show, but they can't figure out why he would bench him? Are they simply repeating what Jerry Sullivan told them to say during his hour on air? We see the same things we have seen for the past year and a half. Its not going to change. He just isn't an NFL caliber QB, period, because of his mental state during the game.

Listening to GR after todays game and Dope STILL thinks Edwards should have started todays game. His reasoning, it makes more sense to start Fitzpatrick at home against the Jets. Huh????

Schopp really is a moron. He can't be off the air soon enough for me. Thank God he has a dump button so he can mute the caller and enlighten all of us about what we don't know :censored: D-bag!

Edited by Da Big Man