[please fix subject]Ya...I Said It

PDaDdy

We kept the wrong guy!

We should have never let JP Losman go. Paraphrasing Dennis Green, "Edwards is who we thought he was." He is a weak armed checkdown bum. JP was not a savior either but the guy would chuck the ball down the field which at least challenged the defense beyond 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. At least it opened up the run game unlike Trent.

Imagine if our previous front office committed to JP for 4 years like they did with Trent? This front office gave Trent every opportunity and never ONCE brought in any free agent QB that had even the most remote chance of challenging him for the starting job. FOUR YEARS!!! It is even more amazing that in spite of the straw man competitors to his job that were brought in HE STILL MANAGED TO LOSE IT TWICE!!!

I would have rather dealt with some of JP's bone headed moves and gaffs while letting it rip and trying to win a game than watching the slow, painful, ball-less death that was Trent Edwards. What could have been if JP was given the endorsement of Bill Walsh and the blind faith and support of the front office. Might have turned that kid around.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a big JP guy back in 06-07 but he proved he was not the guy.

Trent has also proved that he is not the guy either.

But Trent not being any good does not make JP any better.

We need to move on and find the guy. Play Fitz for a fiew weeks. If he is not markedly better than Edwards, throw Brohm in there and give him the rest of the season to see what he can do. He is the only one who has not played alot and hasn't experienced NFL defenses trying to tear his head off. Lets he if he can handle it and get better with experience.

Well, besides the Bills, the Raiders din't think enough of Losman to bring him back. Now, Losman is #3 in Seattle. The problem here is that both Losman and Edwards suck and neither is worthy of even being a number 2 QB for any respectable NFL team.

Everyone agrees the Bills should have brought in a QB. The fact is, there were no "franchisers" available to the Bills... and certainly not one that would fill the "Buffalo" model, so why bring in someone for the sake of bringing someone in that ain't gonna do squat? The three best QBs in Bills history (Kemp, Ferguson, Kelly) were gamers, had strong and accurate arms, and were durable. Losman and Edwards each had only one of those three qualities, by any stretch of the imagination.

Next year, so far, the only QB I see that has those qualities is Mallet... albeit, I don't know much about Luck's arm strength... and besides... ain't he another California boy?

Sat. will be a good barometer for Mallet, going up against Alabama. If he lights them up, he is the man. We'll see if he's a big time gamer, cuz the Tide is gonna bring it.

Not saying that Losman IS the guy today or that even Losman could have been the guy if the team committed to him like the did Edwards. I'm basically just saying "what if?". Who knows what Losman could have become if we gave him as much time as Trent. Might have still turned out to be a neverwas any way? I'm also saying it would have been a HELL of a lot more interesting watching a guy whose arm and #1 WR on any given play could put points on the board or get your team a win.

If he learned to get rid of the happy feet and stopped throwing fastballs on passes to the RBs in the flat and checkdowns across the middle he might have been a respectable NFL QB. Instead we ship him out and backed the wrong QB in Edturds. Despite all of the fan felatio Trent was no more intelligent, a leader or decision maker than JP was, had inferior physical skills and put fewer points on the board.

I always like J.P., but he never knew when to get rid of the ball. Yes, he's got the balls to throw downfield; but he'd take way too many sacks and give up costly fumbles and interceptions. He's just another guy who doesn't have "it."

Sat. will be a good barometer for Mallet, going up against Alabama. If he lights them up, he is the man. We'll see if he's a big time gamer, cuz the Tide is gonna bring it.

College game of the year for anyone who's a Bills fan! I like a couple of other guys, as well, but a good showing for Mallet against the Tide puts him waaaay out in front of next year's draft board!

BTW, not only should we stop talking about Edwards, but anyone daring to bring up JPL any more should be sent back in time to relive those days!

Edited by Sabre Bill

I always like J.P., but he never knew when to get rid of the ball. Yes, he's got the balls to throw downfield; but he'd take way too many sacks and give up costly fumbles and interceptions. He's just another guy who doesn't have "it."

I hear ya. He had problems no doubt. We saw that Edwards in 4 years didn't over come his maybe if JP was given the same time he might have overcome his own. JP taking sacks would have been easy for a real coach to get rid of. He had the physical skills to avoid the pressure and make 1st down runs. JP's problem was he would take a sack 8 seconds after the snap. Trent took a sack 4 seconds after the snap. Made up approximate numbers of course but Trent just didn't have the physical skills to get himself any meaningful extra time. JP could scramble. Reset and launch a 83 yds TD bomb to Evans. Trent scrambles and throws the ball away or completes a 7 yard pass when we need 15. Those useless passes with his check downs did keep his accuracy and completion stats up that all of his fans loved so much.

Well, besides the Bills, the Raiders din't think enough of Losman to bring him back. Now, Losman is #3 in Seattle. The problem here is that both Losman and Edwards suck and neither is worthy of even being a number 2 QB for any respectable NFL team.

Everyone agrees the Bills should have brought in a QB. The fact is, there were no "franchisers" available to the Bills... and certainly not one that would fill the "Buffalo" model, so why bring in someone for the sake of bringing someone in that ain't gonna do squat? The three best QBs in Bills history (Kemp, Ferguson, Kelly) were gamers, had strong and accurate arms, and were durable. Losman and Edwards each had only one of those three qualities, by any stretch of the imagination.

Next year, so far, the only QB I see that has those qualities is Mallet... albeit, I don't know much about Luck's arm strength... and besides... ain't he another California boy?

Just like those p*ssy's Montana, Elway, Aikman, Palmer, etc. I am getting tired of the Cali QB thing. Let's get something straight. More top tier athletic talent comes out of California than anywhere else in the world. More QB's have come out of California than anywhere else in the world. Not wanting a QB because he is from CA is just stupid.

Maybe Chan could "fix" him. :flirt:

God, I couldn't even read the thread after we shouldn't gotten rid of JP. Jarhead or something just ruined TE and JP. Get over it move on. Please no more JP threads!!!!

It's not a bring back JP thread. It's not a JP would have been our savior thread. It's a JP would have been the lesser of two evils thread. It's a can we finally admit our mistake in keeping and backing Edwards to the hilt thread. It's a JP would have been more exciting to watch thread. It's a what could JP have become if given the backing that Edwards got thread.

There is no huge debate to spark again. JP is long gone and Trent is hopefully on his way too. I don't even want to give the con man another chance to fool the coaching staff and front office into thinking that he can some how be the starter based on practices or playing well against preseason vanilla defenses.

This thread is ridiculous. Are we really going to waste time talking about which failed QB is better than another failed QB? Really? I'm out.....

Sorry about your loss. Trent sucks. Now the new coaching staff knows that beyond a shadow of a doubt too.

No matter who the Bills kept it would have been the "wrong guy." Both QBs aren't starter quality and trying to debate between them is pointless. But if I had to choose between them, yeah I'd got with JP. At least when he holds onto the ball he's actually looking to make a play down field and will throw the ball to the WRs - which makes the game a bit more exciting, even in defeat. Both are incredibly frustrating to watch though, so the "entertainment" factor with either isn't very high.

We should have kept Dick Jauron too!

Both had the same value in Buffalo.

LOL. Let's not get crazy there fella!

No matter who the Bills kept it would have been the "wrong guy." Both QBs aren't starter quality and trying to debate between them is pointless. But if I had to choose between them, yeah I'd got with JP. At least when he holds onto the ball he's actually looking to make a play down field and will throw the ball to the WRs - which makes the game a bit more exciting, even in defeat. Both are incredibly frustrating to watch though, so the "entertainment" factor with either isn't very high.

It's not a debate. Just an observation by me and a point of discussion. Nothing left to argue as neither will/should ever start for the Bills again.

I don't think JP was the answer but I definitely don't agree on the entertainment value part of your statement. When you saw that ball go flying 70 yards in the air it got you up out of your seat. The fact that he actually connected on some of them made it worth it. Seeing the RBs with a little bit of room to run was also satisfying. Even watching him run around like a chicken with his head cut off was exciting in a sometimes frustrating way. LOL.

Sorry about your loss. Trent sucks. Now the new coaching staff knows that beyond a shadow of a doubt too.

So what does that have to do with a thread that bemoans the loss of JP Losman? Both TE and JP suck so why a thread measuring the depth to which they both suck???? That was my point.