Brian Brohm, state your case..

Brand J

There is absolutely no entertainment value in watching the Bills "play" football. They are currently led by a Dick Jauron clone and I'd like to have a reason to turn on Bills games moving forward. The year they went 3-13 (I believe it was 2003..?) I watched every game, because I was interested in seeing who would be a player in the future. I'd never imagine that 7 years later, I'd still be waiting for a competitive team. Here is why I am FOR starting Brian Brohm:

He may not currently be better than Edwards, though this is debatable, but he has something that Edwards lacks - the ability to improve. Edwards has over 30 career starts, while Brian Brohm has a single career start. One. If I am going to watch a team fail and fail miserably, I don't want to see the team being led by a 4th year, emotionless player, who looks worse than most rookies. Brian Brohm was a highly successful collegiate player, who has yet to transfer those skills to the NFL level. With extended playing time, he would sink or swim as a starter and we'd know for sure what we have in him. For those already chalking him up as a failure, allow him multiple starts to prove, or disprove himself, before being absolutely sure in your assertion. He seemed to make quick decisions in the preseason and also threw a nice football. I realize that our OL is a siege, but a quicker decision maker could do a lot to mask OL deficiencies. Edwards may be the slowest decision maker in the entire NFL. He is also the most reluctant QB to throw down the field and "throw open" his WRs. Give Brohm his shot, thereby giving me a reason to watch this team, this season.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it matters - none of the three QBs on the roster right now are the answer. Best case scenario for the Bills is to draft a QB or OT in the first round next year and then draft the other position in the second round. During the offseason, trade for an older, veteran QB that can mentor the QB we draft.

I don't think it matters - none of the three QBs on the roster right now are the answer. Best case scenario for the Bills is to draft a QB or OT in the first round next year and then draft the other position in the second round. During the offseason, trade for an older, veteran QB that can mentor the QB we draft.

I think it definitely matters sullim.. Brohm isn't a 30 something, journeyman QB, with multiple starts under his belt. He is a young, unproven QB, who has enjoyed success in the past - albeit at the collegiate level. Find out what you have in him, the NFL always has stories about guys who finally find their way.

Edited by JayBaller10

Chan never gave him a fair chance in the preseason and what he did show, wasn't all that bad. Trent looked great, just like he did the past two years and then screws the pooch during the regular season. I say, give Brohm a chance, how much worse could it be?

This! :thumbsup:

There is absolutely no entertainment value in watching the Bills "play" football. They are currently led by a Dick Jauron clone and I'd like to have a reason to turn on Bills games moving forward. The year they went 3-13 (I believe it was 2003..?) I watched every game, because I was interested in seeing who would be a player in the future. I'd never imagine that 7 years later, I'd still be waiting for a competitive team. Here is why I am FOR starting Brian Brohm:

He may not currently be better than Edwards, though this is debatable, but he has something that Edwards lacks - the ability to improve. Edwards has over 30 career starts, while Brian Brohm has a single career start. One. If I am going to watch a team fail and fail miserably, I don't want to see the team being led by a 4th year, emotionless player, who looks worse than most rookies. Brian Brohm was a highly successful collegiate player, who has yet to transfer those skills to the NFL level. With extended playing time, he would sink or swim as a starter and we'd know for sure what we have in him. For those already chalking him up as a failure, allow him multiple starts to prove, or disprove himself, before being absolutely sure in your assertion. He seemed to make quick decisions in the preseason and also threw a nice football. I realize that our OL is a siege, but a quicker decision maker could do a lot to mask OL deficiencies. Edwards may be the slowest decision maker in the entire NFL. He is also the most reluctant QB to throw down the field and "throw open" his WRs. Give Brohm his shot, thereby giving me a reason to watch this team, this season.

2001 was the year they went 3-13, but yes, I too am utterly shocked that we're essentially sitting in the same boat in 2010. I'm sure the Bills have given up on Trent as the QB for the future... after all, this is the final year of his rookie contract. How can they possibly extend him? What on earth could he do to justify it at this point besides literally morphing into a different quarterback altogether? Anyway, I'm all for giving Brohm a shot: I saw nothing from him in the preseason to suggest he didn't look NFL ready. His supporting cast may not have been very good, but he was a gamer and showed good pocket presence. I'm still surprised Brian Brohm didn't even get a sniff with the first unit. The only explanations are that Chan sees something he doesn't like in practice or he's giving him a little time to develop before throwing him to the wolves.

Chan never gave him a fair chance in the preseason and what he did show, wasn't all that bad. Trent looked great, just like he did the past two years and then screws the pooch during the regular season. I say, give Brohm a chance, how much worse could it be?

This is also largely a misnomer.. Trent only had one good preseason game - it was the game against the Bungles. He was terrible against the Redskins, was terrible against the Colts until he hit a wide open Lee, and was pedestrian against the Lions. Make no mistake about it, it was the CJ Spiller show. Since the offense had so much success moving the ball and scoring TDs, we'd like to think that Edwards had something to do with it. He didn't.

IIRC, the first team didn't score a TD last season in preseason, so hardly great.

This is also largely a misnomer.. Trent only had one good preseason game - it was the game against the Bungles. He was terrible against the Redskins, was terrible against the Colts until he hit a wide open Lee, and was pedestrian against the Lions. Make no mistake about it, it was the CJ Spiller show. Since the offense had so much success moving the ball and scoring TDs, we'd like to think that Edwards had something to do with it. He didn't.

He saw Brohm every practice. The Packers saw him every practice, and put him on the Developmental Squad.

Give it up!

He saw Brohm every practice. The Packers saw him every practice, and put him on the Developmental Squad.

Give it up!

Yes, because players who haven't played extensively, never turn their careers around. You're right, the book is already out on him, he can never improve. Lesser QBs have been given more of an opportunity to prove themselves. You think every QB comes into the NFL ready to throw 300 yd, 3 TD games?! You could take your stance if he had never proved to be a capable player in the past, but since he has, he could absolutely improve with experience and confidence <--- the most important aspect to any player's game. Those who think otherwise, haven't played a sport on any level..

Edited by JayBaller10

I honestly think Brohm is there b/c he is actually worse than what we saw today. Just guessing. At this point, they may as well pick up the best scrambler available off the street and start him. At least it will offer something interesting to watch

I was in the new coach new O, give Trent a chance to win the job. Running out of bounds on 4th and 13 was ridiculous.