The only thing I 'asked' going into the season...

Beerball

Week 1 EPIC FAILURE

Week 2 EPIC FAILURE

I realized that this team would go nowhere and would struggle because of the decisions to:

change the defensive scheme (what FAs we did sign were to fit the new scheme, draft picks went for this also)

not address the QB situation

not address the O-Line

not address the WR position

Still...I expected the new staff to do enough with a sow's ear so that I saw a reason to watch. That hasn't happened and if Edwards continues to start I don't know how much more I can take. He needs to sit the remainder of the year as the 3rd QB. He brings nothing with him to the field. No fire, passion or leadership. Sit his ass down for ever. I don't care if it's Brohm or Fitz, but please don't make me watch Edwards any more.

Where has Nelson gone? Put him on the field for downs 1-3 and see if he continues to make plays.

Figure out what you want to do with a RB rotation and stick with it. This week's heavy dose of Lynch might be the last time we see him, but if he stays stick with him early, Jackson mixed in and Spiller for spot duty. Then if you're able to keep a game close use Spiller late.

No more screens on 3rd and 16. No more draws unless you've been able to establish a passing game. Look to the TE once in a while. Stupar is able to catch the ball, make him a threat (or at least an option the defense has to consider).

Our expectations and hopes are so low, and they can't even come through on them. This is as bad as the 1-13 and 2-14 teams, easily.

2010 is the new 1985. Problem is, we don't have Bill Polian around to draft the picks. Eff me.

This is hell. At least I'm still alive for my free trip to Morimoto. Thanks, Mock!

I'm with you Beerball. Just wanted a glimmer of optimism this season. So inept in week one just decided to catch a game or two during the rest of the season when we play another crappy team. Nice having my Sunday's back and enjoy the dialogue on TBD on Sunday evenings.

Week 1 EPIC FAILURE

Week 2 EPIC FAILURE

I realized that this team would go nowhere and would struggle because of the decisions to:

change the defensive scheme (what FAs we did sign were to fit the new scheme, draft picks went for this also)

not address the QB situation

not address the O-Line

not address the WR position

Still...I expected the new staff to do enough with a sow's ear so that I saw a reason to watch. That hasn't happened and if Edwards continues to start I don't know how much more I can take. He needs to sit the remainder of the year as the 3rd QB. He brings nothing with him to the field. No fire, passion or leadership. Sit his ass down for ever. I don't care if it's Brohm or Fitz, but please don't make me watch Edwards any more.

Where has Nelson gone? Put him on the field for downs 1-3 and see if he continues to make plays.

Figure out what you want to do with a RB rotation and stick with it. This week's heavy dose of Lynch might be the last time we see him, but if he stays stick with him early, Jackson mixed in and Spiller for spot duty. Then if you're able to keep a game close use Spiller late.

No more screens on 3rd and 16. No more draws unless you've been able to establish a passing game. Look to the TE once in a while. Stupar is able to catch the ball, make him a threat (or at least an option the defense has to consider).

I agree with everything except when Edwards is replaced, just cut him. I don't want the chance of seeing him play anymore.

Given our QB situation, I'd be in favor of going to a base 3-RB Wildcat offense. Can't be any worse. Wildcat was about the only time they actually moved the ball against a regular defensive set.

I, too, am running out of reasons to watch. Took the dog for a walk in the 2nd half today. I might care again when anyone in the Bills franchise does.

Given our QB situation, I'd be in favor of going to a base 3-RB Wildcat offense. Can't be any worse. Wildcat was about the only time they actually moved the ball against a regular defensive set.

I, too, am running out of reasons to watch. Took the dog for a walk in the 2nd half today. I might care again when anyone in the Bills franchise does.

I would be for two TE sets only with back up OL in those spots, FB lead blocking and play goal line offense for the entire first quarter of the game. 3 yards and a cloud of dust. If nothing else, most OL love to run block. Just tell them for one quarter you get to tee off on the D line and LB of NE. That might set a physical tone for the rest of the game. It will kill the clock and tire out the DL and who knows maybe we break a run. Edwards or whomever stays in though just to make them think that the Bills may change their minds and pass at anytime. 9 in the box means that the WRs will have one on one coverage. That and a couple of good returns from the special teams is the only way we come within 21 points of NE. It will be boring to watch but drastic times call for drastic measures. If for some crazy reason it actually works just keep er going

Edited by agardin

I feel your pain. I too just wanted a reason to watch. Some said we'd at least be exciting to watch. Nothing exciting about that.

It kills me because I love the Bills and I love football. I'm impatient all offseason, just waiting for the season to start. And now I can't wait for it to be over. :wallbash:

I'm with you and some of the others on this thread. I didn't think we were going to the playoffs.

I just wanted to see us play competent, NFL-caliber football.

And after the 2-4th preseason games, I thought there seemed hope of that.

Maybe there still is, I have to say twice may be more than a coincidence.

Have to agree with you. Give us something to latch onto. I watched some of the Detroit game; they're 0-2, and probably will have a losing record, but they are making strides and are entertaining to watch.

Actually, if it weren't for the officials, the Lions should be 1-1. But you're right, they seem entertaining -- and appear to be headed in the right direction.