Where is our PASS RUSH?

Did you see the play where Maybin ran his "stunt" and instead of taking the direct line to the QB, which was actually CLEAR, he tried to run around the outside and ended up about 10 yards to the right of Rodgers? I actually laughed at that one, it was so obvious. The guy has a coconut for a brain.

Did you see the play where Maybin ran his "stunt" and instead of taking the direct line to the QB, which was actually CLEAR, he tried to run around the outside and ended up about 10 yards to the right of Rodgers? I actually laughed at that one, it was so obvious. The guy has a coconut for a brain.

I know he hasn't played a lot and I don't have an Ivy League education like Jauron and Levy but this guy can't play in the NFL.

I've seen enough..

Maybin is a BUST!

I know he hasn't played a lot and I don't have an Ivy League education like Jauron and Levy but this guy can't play in the NFL.

I've seen enough..

Maybin is a BUST!

When a #1 can't start or even contribute SOMETHING in his 2nd season you know a mistake has been made.

I've seen enough..

Maybin is a BUST!

We took Maybin over Clay Matthews, Brian Cushing and Orakpo. There is our pass rush... we just chose not to take it.

[quote name=TheChi

mp' timestamp='1284929010' post='1975544]

Yes and I even replayed it to make sure I saw what I saw... Then I pointed it out to my sister and wife... They said they know understand why I hate him....

When a #1 can't start or even contribute SOMETHING in his 2nd season you know a mistake has been made.

but it was not Modrak's fault.

he had a great list (he got it from Mel Kiper) , but nobody believed him

just wait till next year when Modrak will call in his picks from Florida so he does not waste any of his retirement time

We took Maybin over Clay Matthews, Brian Cushing and Orakpo. There is our pass rush... we just chose not to take it.

You know what's more sad than the fact that we passed on them all for Maybin? The fact that any of them would immediately be the best player on this entire team.

Edited by earthtobrint

Who cares? Who cares about the defense, compared to the offense, the defense is great!

The defense isn't the problem, it's the offense my friend, the offense. It sucks, it's doing the defense no favors. You can't win if you don't score. The pass rush is pretty much irrelevant. The run defense doesn't matter. They play competitively on that side of the ball, especially considering that they NEVER have a lead, and that the opposing offense holds all the cards. Field position, time of possession, things like that.

The offense sucks, and has sucked for a decade. The defense is on the effin' back burner.

believe it or not, this is another thread about Edwards... don't let the subject fool you. on the few times the Bills would have gotten to the QB quickly, Rodgers delivered the ball IMMEDIATELY after the snap. not that it wouldn't be nice to get there quick unexpectedly sometimes, but in 3-4 most of the pass rush comes on a blitz, yes? some people can read the blitz, and some clearly cannot.

The other laughable Maybin play came on a Packer's TD pass. Maybin, knowing his bullrush move is non-existent, tries a Bruce Smith-style spin move. Only thing is that a spin move is only effective if they use the opposing blocker for leverage to gain an advantage. The "spin move" Maybin so ineptly executed showed him basically doing a 360 degree turn - in space - while the blocker stood there motionless waiting for Maybin to finish his pirouette. By the time Maybin finished with the dance, he was in exactly the same spot as when he started - face to face with the blocker. Only now, there was zero momentum and Rogers had released the pass.

There was a another play in which he was late man in on a tackle, well, actually he just dove at the player after he was already down, and then he engaged in a half-hearted victory dance as if it was his greatest tackle ever. It might have been!

I can't believe this guy is still on the roster.

Edited by DML2005

my fear is that Maybin is taking cues from Donte "back tackle" Whitner. talk about a guy that i would not miss. can't believe the guy doesn't get 4 late hit penalties a game, but i guess when you hit with your back, it makes it look like you pulled up.. even if the guy is already on the ground.

The other laughable Maybin play came on a Packer's TD pass. Maybin, knowing his bullrush move is non-existent, tries a Bruce Smith-style spin move. Only thing is that a spin move is only effective if they use the opposing blocker for leverage to gain an advantage. The "spin move" Maybin so ineptly executed showed him basically doing a 360 degree turn - in space - while the blocker stood there motionless waiting for Maybin to finish his pirouette. By the time Maybin finished with the dance, he was in exactly the same spot as when he started - face to face with the blocker. Only now, there was zero momentum and Rogers had released the pass.

There was a another play in which he was late man in on a tackle, well, actually he just dove at the player after he was already down, and then he engaged in a half-hearted victory dance as if it was his greatest tackle ever. It might have been!

So is the idea that having a guy take his hand off the ground will magically transform him into a pass rusher extraordinaire losing some luster?

1.) It's too early to call Maybin a bust. Lots of players have productive careers after showing ZERO through 18 NFL games.

2.) Of all the players who show ZERO in their first 18 NFL Games, about 1 in 450 turn out to be great pros.

It is more likely Maybin is cut next summer than develops into a decent NFL player.

I'll try again. Cam Wake is the player Maybin should have been, but isn't. He visited Buff but signed with the fish. We should have uped the ante. Hes getting something like 5 mil for five years. How much did Maybin cost (in addition to a #1 pick). As an alternative to Wake, Michael Johnson in the third would have been fine again as the player Maybin should have been.