OTS: Packers & Bills Talking Deal For Marshawn Lynch

bills_red

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy REALLY shows his credibility when he predicts the Packers will draft Mark Ingrahm in the 1st round next year?

That says that A. Ingrahm will not go in the top-20 picks, or B. Packers will draft in the top-10!?!

Lynch played great today but the backfield is too crowded so I hope he is traded. Buluga would be a great addition and would take that in a heart beat, Driver would be good too but it would be dumb on Greenbays part.

Yeah, lets trade our 24 year old former pro bowl running back...and keep a 30 year old D-3 undrafted free agent?!?!

Where is the logic people? We will just have to go draft another RB in a year or 2, so he can replace Jackson, back up Spiller and end up replacing Spiller once his contract is up!

TRADE FRED JACKSON!!! :worthy:

This guy REALLY shows his credibility when he predicts the Packers will draft Mark Ingrahm in the 1st round next year?

That says that A. Ingrahm will not go in the top-20 picks, or B. Packers will draft in the top-10!?!

Yeah, lets trade our 24 year old former pro bowl running back...and keep a 30 year old D-3 undrafted free agent?!?!

Where is the logic people? We will just have to go draft another RB in a year or 2, so he can replace Jackson, back up Spiller and end up replacing Spiller once his contract is up!

Am I the only one who thought Marshawn looked average out there? I thought he was too indecisive at times and doesn't hit the hole hard. I thought Fred looked much better for those few opportunities he did get

Actually, Bulaga is the future starting Left Tackle for us in GB and that is what the drafted him for. To replace Chad Clifton when he retires. So no way GB trades him unless TT gets a brain tumor.

Left tackle? Good luck with that. Maybe some day, I guess, if they get lucky.

But of course the Pack wouldn't dream of trading him now, especially for a RB.

Am I the only one who thought Marshawn looked average out there? I thought he was too indecisive at times and doesn't hit the hole hard. I thought Fred looked much better for those few opportunities he did get

I thought so too. I thought Lynch had his best game in a while, but the fact is, Freddy is a downhill runner and Lynch is a dancer.

Still can't figure out why the Bills didn't take Bulaga last April, when it was so obvious we needed a left tackle. (Can't figure out why they didn't take Oher in 2009, either.) But anyone chomping at the bit to rag on the CJ Spiller pick after just 2 games needs to remember that 'The Brentwood Butcher' also struggled mightily his first 3 seasons in Buffalo - Spiller will be a star, and Bills fans will love and worship him.

Folks need to understand Buddy Nix's 'Big Picture' - the plan all along was to draft Spiller, trade Lynch for Bulaga, and draft Ryan Mallett AND Gabe Carimi in 2011. B-)

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Edited by The Senator

Still can't figure out why the Bills didn't take Bulaga last April, when it was so obvious we needed a left tackle. (Can't figure out why they didn't take Oher in 2009, either.) But anyone chomping at the bit to rag on the CJ Spiller pick after just 2 games needs to remember that 'The Brentwood Butcher' also struggled mightily his first 3 seasons in Buffalo - Spiller will be a star, and Bills fans will love and worship him.

Folks need to understand Buddy Nix's 'Big Picture' - the plan all along was to draft Spiller, trade Lynch for Bulaga, and draft Ryan Mallett AND Gabe Carimi in 2011. B-)

We already have two guards, which is where Bulaga will play his whole career. Ask the Raiders how their "all world LT" Robert Galley is doing.

Any plan which has a key part of it drafting specific players in future drafts is no plan at all as once cannot even come close to targetting specific players until a team knows:

1. Where it is choosing in the draft

2. Where opponents who have the same needs or are interested in the same players are picking.

3. How the individual players perform and the injury wildcard for 2010 before we put together a real draft board for 2011.

Any "theory" which purports to understand Nix's strategy but then claims that strategy is based upon unknowable items until the pro and college seasons occur simply is not very convincing.

What the hell does undrafted free agent have to do with anything? Fred Jackson is not a thuggish punk and is a better running back and receiver now than Mawthug, 2-3 years from now if Fred is gone, so what Lynch is gone at the end of his contract at the latest hopefully this week.

We already have two guards, which is where Bulaga will play his whole career. Ask the Raiders how their "all world LT" Robert Galley is doing.

Holy crap, we got two???? Never mind then, guess we're all set. (Thank God all two of 'em are totally indestructible - that's why I wasn't the least bit nervous when Levitre went down today.)

BTW - Bulaga will be an All Pro LT in 3 years; I never heard of Robert Galley, so I went ahead and asked the Raiders about him - they have no idea either. :unsure:

Edited by The Senator

Left tackle? Good luck with that. Maybe some day, I guess, if they get lucky.

But of course the Pack wouldn't dream of trading him now, especially for a RB.

Brian Bulaga played Left Tackle in College his Sophomore and Junior years before entering the draft. He was drafted to be GB's future left tackle. I dunno why your implying he wouldn't make a good left tackle? The short arm nonsense? He looked great in preseason at at the LT position. He's backing up Colledge at guard because they wanted to find a way to get him onto the field this year. He would be the starting left tackle next year for GB if Clifton retires.

It's not a maybe, he WILL be GB's starting LT at some point in the future. Bank on it. Yeah, no way GB even dreams of trading him like you said.

Dunno why some of you guys are so negative on Bulaga. He hasn't even started at guard or LT yet. Time will tell if he is a bust or not.

Edited by Murgen

We have officially hit rock bottom. We don't even have hope going into these games. IMO this will tell us if the new Bills front office "gets it". They need to trade Lynch for whatever they can get and really start rebuilding. If it's true they can get a third or Hawk they need to do it now. If the Pats had this many options at RB they'd trade one because they realize if you get 8 picks in the first 5 rounds you should hit on enough to improve a team. The Bills problem is they undervalue picks because their draft history is so horrible. They don't value a 3rd round pick because the odds have been it wouldn't turn into anything. They need to start stockpiling picks if they want to build through the draft. If they don't trade Lynch, who is a 3rd string head case, this front office is no better than the previous ones and I can't see where that hope is going to come from.

Any plan which has a key part of it drafting specific players in future drafts is no plan at all as once cannot even come close to targetting specific players until a team knows:

1. Where it is choosing in the draft

2. Where opponents who have the same needs or are interested in the same players are picking.

3. How the individual players perform and the injury wildcard for 2010 before we put together a real draft board for 2011.

Any "theory" which purports to understand Nix's strategy but then claims that strategy is based upon unknowable items until the pro and college seasons occur simply is not very convincing.

3 things:

1) Huh? What? Is that you, Holcomb???

(I don't see a '3.5' anywhere)

2) once cannot even come close to targetting specific players until a team knows... ????

Check your syntax, learn to use spell check, and curtail the drunken gibberish; it's quite simple - one cannot come close to targeting specific players until they know who's still left on the board! :doh:

3) Any "theory" which purports to understand Nix's strategy but then claims that strategy is based upon unknowable items until the pro and college seasons occur simply is not very convincing.

Wow - and you try so hard to sound 'professorial' that I hate to give you a 'FAIL'! (It's quite obvious to any rational thinking mind that I 'purport' no 'theory' - I merely state undeniable, incontrovertible facts! :P)