My ultimate trade between SD and Buf

Got_Wood

Seriously? You think this trade would ever happen? Do you also see unicorns and have a sack of pixie dust?

I don't understand some people. Why wouldn't the Bills pull off a trade? Guess what? The Seattle Seahawks have traded on TEN different occasions alone this offseason. Some of them, pretty significant moves. You're telling me Buffalo can't pull of ONE? And we're talking about players that the Chargers don't even have on their roster right now. ANYTHING is better than nothing for them. They could potentially lose both of these guys and get nothing in return after this season.

Sometimes, in order to get what you need you have to give up something valuable. That's why I think this is a really good trade:

San Diego gets:

Lee Evans

Donte Whitner

Jamon Meredith

Buffalo gets:

Marcus McNeill

Vincent Jackson

Do I think this would ever happen? No, I don't. Would it be good for both teams? Yes, it would. I believe Lee Evans has equal value to McNeill, and Whitner and Meredith have equal value to Jackson. Buffalo gets the LT they need and another #1 receiver, and San Diego gets a #1 receiver they don't have AND a Safety where they are very weak next to Weddle. In addition another developmental tackle since they're weak at that position right now.

I love Evans and wouldn't normally want to trade him, but this seems ideal to me.

I would trade Lynch and a #4 pick next year for Jackson and McNeill

I don't understand some people. Why wouldn't the Bills pull off a trade? Guess what? The Seattle Seahawks have traded on TEN different occasions alone this offseason. Some of them, pretty significant moves. You're telling me Buffalo can't pull of ONE? And we're talking about players that the Chargers don't even have on their roster right now. ANYTHING is better than nothing for them. They could potentially lose both of these guys and get nothing in return after this season.

No, just not this one.

Are their any franchise/pro bowl LT's coming out of the draft next year? If not, why not give the Chargers a 1st for McNeill? If he passes physical, he can be our franchise LT for years to come. By the way, is their anyone who wishes the Bills would have just given Peters his money now?

Absolutely not, I'll take Wood over Peters any day.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/119341-jason-peterss-act-wearing-thin-in-philly/

Yeah these get old. No don't trade Evans and Whitner for 2 hold outs. 2 team 1st guys for 2 me 1st guys :thumbdown:

That's actually the most legitimate argument to not do this trade. You actually make sense. My main arguments in this thread are with people that don't think our players are good enough for other teams. We've got talent, we just don't have the program that knows how to win. But you're completely right that Evans and Whitner are all about the Bills. They've been through some crappy years with this team and they stay loyal.

I mean this specific trade. You want one team to take two players who want enormous paydays which will likely destroy their performance (see Philadelphia regretting their recent trade for a left tackle who only wanted a big payday) going into a likely lockout year. That means they will be a year older when they come back. On long term, big money deals, that's a consideration from the Bills perspective. Is trading Lee Evans for Jackson going to be anything more than a wash?

So Donte Whitner and a throw away = Mcneill? I'm going to guess San Diego would disagree.

Neither team would want this deal.

I think you have a much better chance of landing Jackson then McNeil. If they landed Jackson with a 4th round pick and Meridith I think you have to make that trade. Jackson would give us some help at WR and while it wouldn't be a panacea for the offense at least we would have helped it somewhat.

I also think you can try and recoup that pick by trading Lynch to Green Bay so its a good idea to maybe try and land Jackson via draft choices.

problem with this scenario is that both McNeil and Jackson want to be paid like top tier players, hence the reason they are holding out. We usually trade away our players in thos situations ALA Jason peters. Pat Williams wanted to be paid we shipped him out, and created a hole for the last 7 years we have been trying to fill. London Fletcher wanted to be paid, we drafted the oft-injured Pozloseme

Sometimes, in order to get what you need you have to give up something valuable. That's why I think this is a really good trade:

San Diego gets:

Lee Evans

Donte Whitner

Jamon Meredith

Buffalo gets:

Marcus McNeill

Vincent Jackson

Do I think this would ever happen? No, I don't. Would it be good for both teams? Yes, it would. I believe Lee Evans has equal value to McNeill, and Whitner and Meredith have equal value to Jackson. Buffalo gets the LT they need and another #1 receiver, and San Diego gets a #1 receiver they don't have AND a Safety where they are very weak next to Weddle. In addition another developmental tackle since they're weak at that position right now.

I love Evans and wouldn't normally want to trade him, but this seems ideal to me.

Living near San Diego, I can tell you any trade for Vincent Jackson is wrong. The guy is an attitude and a problem (two DUI's, that why he is suspended.) We don't need that kind of player. His tantrum's over money remind me of a certain left tackle. Remember the angst that caused?

Lee Evans- good player, looking for an offense.

Donte Whitner- decent safety, finally contributing in new D.

Jamon Meredith- backup who's proven nothing yet.

Marcus McNeill- washed up at an early age.

Vincent Jackson- locker room cancer.

wow, what a "great deal" !

y'know, people seem to think that if a lineman makes the pro bowl once, he'll be a star for the next 3 decades. those guyz take SUCH a beating out there, it's amazing that some of them can last more than a few years.

~AS

San Diego gets:

Lee Evans

Donte Whitner

Jamon Meredith

Buffalo gets:

Marcus McNeill

Vincent Jackson

You are hired.. Now go make that trade.. I love it!!!

San Diego gets:

Lee Evans

Donte Whitner

Jamon Meredith

Buffalo gets:

Marcus McNeill

Vincent Jackson

Getting Vincent Jackson and Marcus McNeil would be great but getting rid of Lee Evans is not a smart idea. Why would we get rid of one of our few bright spots? We need more talent not just shuffling it around. Even with Evans Trent made TO look bad. What chance would Jackson have as the lone WR threat? We need two great WR not trade a medium sized quick deep speed star for a star with a slower but bigger body.