Be careful going to the games.

Cuze

I went through a toll booth on 90 to pay my toll. I removed my seatbelt to get some change out of my pocket and when i took off a state trooper popped out from behind the toll booth told me to pullover and gave me a ticket for no seatbelt. The way the !@#$ was acting i thought i was pulled over for murdering somebody. SO watch yourself the states broke and there taking it out on us.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Or get an EZ Pass and not worry about carrying cash on the Thruway.

Or live in a state that doesn't charge you money to drive on their interstates (Yeah, imagine that). Although, as far as tolls usually go, the thruway isn't all that much money, especially compared to the cowpath, construction infested joke, that is the PA Turnpike. Pennsylvania should actually pay you money to drive on that road, not the other way around.

Edited by Lv-Bills

Or live in a state that doesn't charge you money to drive on their interstates (Yeah, imagine that). Although, as far as tolls usually go, the thruway isn't all that much money, especially compared to the cowpath, construction infested joke, that is the PA Turnpike. Pennsylvania should actually pay you money to drive on that road, not the other way around.

I live in Ohio, and the state charges a toll to ride on I-80. Then there's the wonderful I-76 through PA, as you had mentioned. I can't think of a state that doesn't charge a toll on at least one major interstate road.

I live in Ohio, and the state charges a toll to ride on I-80. Then there's the wonderful I-76 through PA, as you had mentioned. I can't think of a state that doesn't charge a toll on at least one major interstate road.

No toll roads out here in Arizona.

Of course, its pretty hard to catch a Bills or Sabres game too...

I went through a toll booth on 90 to pay my toll. I removed my seatbelt to get some change out of my pocket and when i took off a state trooper popped out from behind the toll booth told me to pullover and gave me a ticket for no seatbelt. The way the !@#$ was acting i thought i was pulled over for murdering somebody. SO watch yourself the states broke and there taking it out on us.

I used to live in Rochester and own a 100k house. My taxes were 4500 a year. I know live in Charleston, SC which is like a resort compared to Rochester. My house is 260k and my taxes 1200. I love NY state, it is a beautiful place but years of liberal democratic voting has destroyed its economy.

I would definitely fight that ticket. Getting caught by a speed trap is one thing, you were doing "bad". But getting caught by a poaching cop at a "seatbelt trap"? Comon, you weren't doing anything bad.

They don't put speed traps halfway down a steep hill due to the circumstances, so they shouldn't bust people who would otherwise be wearing their seatbelt for being basically coerced into taking it off for a moment.

Virginia. No tolls on Interstates. There are a few areas that have toll roads that are state routes, and they offer faster, direct routes as an alternative to crowded interstates, but the interstates are free of tolls.

NC has not 1 toll road. The closest we have is the fairy to the OBX.

Sounds like the pig was poaching to catch up on his quota. I bet you're not the only one he nabbed like that that night.

"Pig"? Really? 1970 called it they'd like their outdated slur back.

You do realize that these guys risk their lives almost every day? They also deal with the absolute bottom of the human garbage can.

Sure they have some arrogant idiots in their ranks but then again, so does this forum.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

"Pig"? Really? 1970 called it they'd like their outdated slur back.

You do realize that these guys risk their lives almost every day? They also deal with the absolute bottom of the human garbage can.

Sure they have some arrogant idiots in their ranks but then again, so does this forum.

Sorry, I think he had it right the first time, outdated or not, sure there are great cops out there,

that would risk their lives for you in a heartbeat, and those guys should be commended, but this wasn't

one of them, when he pulled **** like this.

Virginia. No tolls on Interstates. There are a few areas that have toll roads that are state routes, and they offer faster, direct routes as an alternative to crowded interstates, but the interstates are free of tolls.

Hate to say it, but the WORST roads I have ever driven on were in and around Norfolk this past July on my way back from the Outer Banks. They were so bad, I emailed and complained to VDOT when I got home. Without question worse than any post-winter pothole infested road in WNY. NO tolls is great, but if it means every gets to beat the s*$t out of their cars, I'm not sure that's the answer.

As for the comment about liberal democratic votinf problems in NY, that's an easy idealist, rhetorical pronouncement not founded in any fact. Chew on this.... the Taylor Law, NYS's horrible law that handcuffs government in its dealing with state unions and their pensions and benefits and remains a major, costly problem was passed in the late 1960s under a REPUBLICAN Governor. I don't know who controled the state senate and house but governors have veto power so he could have vetoed it, so stop with the blaming all that's wrong with this state on democrats and democrat voter. This mess is the result of years and years of Albany corruption and indifference to the citizens of this state and each party is dult to blame. George Pataki, a Republican, was in office the 12 years prior to Spitzer/Patterson and he gets no blame? The bottomline is, people should stop playing their side of the aisle and trying to blame the other party and buy a mirror and ask yourself what your party has done to make it better if the other party has only made it worse. Remember, problems don't happen over night, just like this current recession, which is the result of the last 30 or so years of reducing regulations on businesses and the financial industry and look where its got us. Anyone expecting one president to reverse the course of this in 2 years or even one term is an idiot. You don't stop a runaway freight train that took 5 miles to reach top speed in a half mile.