Vincent Jackson to hit the trade market...

MClem06

I wish Nix would make this happen. If its a trade, the player honestly doesnt have a choice. ( I know they try to accomodate them though) He is only 27 and you can still build a team through the draft. right now DC love playing Buffalo because all they have to do is double team Evans and stack the box. At least with Jackson it would free up double coverage and it would help open the run game

Charger fans loved this guy last year.. I'd try to sign VJ in a heart beat. Dude catches everything thrown near him. If Trent gets his concussion by week 4, we could have someone else throwing to him. :D

Seriously, I think we NEED a receiver with his skills on our team.

Edited by markinsd

I don't think Nix will part with draft picks this season, and in that case I don't think we have anything to give for him. The Chargers wouldn't want Lynch and probably wouldn't do that deal straight up anyway.

Besides, there is some belief that Vincent Jackson isn't nearly as good as some think.

V. Jax isn't worth nearly the money he's demanding. He's a good wide receiver in a great situation, and he still has never really had a dominant season. He's not a true #1 WR, and while he would obviously improve the Bills, he wouldn't be worth nearly the $10M/season and 2nd round draft pick it would take to get him here.

So based on the responses here I am going to assume not many of you haven't watched Charger games the past couple of years???

127 receptions the past two years for 2265 yards and 15 TD's.. 18.6 and 17.2 average per reception over the past 2 years.. Nah.. we don't need someone like that right?

maybe S.D. will again, refuse to accept whatever is offered in a trade.

Right, while their GM continues to publicly self-congratulate his own intelligence, while losing in the playoffs to the Jets, after firing the coach that built their team because he lost in the playoffs. :lol:

This A.J. guy is a turd, and since he is constantly trying to rip off other teams, nobody wants to do business with him. He may be good at talent evaluation, but apparently he hasn't learned much about business yet. He certainly has the self-promotion part down though.

There is no quick fix and even if there was...it is not Vincent Jackson. Goodness gracious, you people are like the fat girl at last call.

No one said that V-Jax would come in with his magic wand and fix all things, but he would add another weapon to the offense and one that could allow Lee to go back to his rightful, most productive, position as a #2. He would also fill a void that we have drafted to try to fix, but have not been successful at. Evans, Nelson, V-Jax, Spiller, and Roscoe make a pretty formidable group of weapons if you ask me. A group of weapons to build around.

The NFL and the players union have agreed that Jackson can play in Week 5 if he's traded by next Wednesday. The agreement helps clear the way for Jackson to be traded, provided the Chargers can agree to terms with another team. The agreement essentially rolls what could have been a six-game suspension into four games. Jackson currently is serving a three-game NFL suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy. Additionally, the Chargers placed him on the roster exempt list, meaning he'd be suspended for three games once he signed with San Diego. Jackson's side felt he shouldn't have to serve that suspension if he was traded.

WHY WOULDN'T WE PICK HIM UP???????? PAY THAT MAN HIS MONEY!

Because although Steve Johnson is awful the RT situation is worse. If a trade for picks or players(Lynch, Jackson, McGee) is to happen let it be for a RT please.

one could argue that Peyton Manning wouldn't get us to the playoffs.....we are alot more than one player away from the playoffs....

dedicating top money to a WR would be a complete waste. we need OT's, LB's and most impotanatly a QB.

Couldn't you make the same arguemnet about Terrence Mcgee? Florence and McKelvin can man the corner spots. Why not move McGee for a LB or RT?

No one said that V-Jax would come in with his magic wand and fix all things, but he would add another weapon to the offense and one that could allow Lee to go back to his rightful, most productive, position as a #2. He would also fill a void that we have drafted to try to fix, but have not been successful at. Evans, Nelson, V-Jax, Spiller, and Roscoe make a pretty formidable group of weapons if you ask me. A group of weapons to build around.

Seriously...you think signing Vincent Jackson makes us a contender? You think after he gets his big deal and 2-3 years into it, it's going to be worthwhile signing?

This is the type of dumb moves you make to become the Raiders. I'd like to see the Bills be more like Green Bay.