Packers Scouting Report on Bills

BuffalOhio

Good find. Strong running backs with minimal push from the OT's. A secondary that's solid without a supporting pass rush. A weak LB group that has some 2 down guys with limited range. These are things that people said around here during the offseason and were destroyed for having the audacity to say them.

GB is a good team, but not perfect. That was on display in Week 1 when they travelled to Philadelphia.

This says it all:

“If you try to take away their best bet, that’s Lee Evans and C.J. Spiller in terms of guys that can hurt you,” a scout said. “You try to take away those two (and) they really don’t have any other explosive elements to their offense.”

How did Chan and Buddy not see this likely outcome?

Their best personnel on offense is their running backs, so in terms of taking away what a team does best, thats where you put a lot of the focus, one scout said. At the end of the day, theres only one perimeter threat in (receiver) Lee Evans. It doesnt matter who you have in the backfield if you dont have the horses up front to block for them.

- I wanted to repeat this quote just in case Buddy is reading.

It doesnt matter who you have in the backfield if you dont have the horses up front to block for them.

And again

It doesnt matter who you have in the backfield if you dont have the horses up front to block for them.

Edited by Thoner7

“Their best personnel on offense is their running backs, so in terms of taking away what a team does best, that’s where you put a lot of the focus,” one scout said. “At the end of the day, there’s only one perimeter threat in (receiver) Lee Evans. It doesn’t matter who you have in the backfield if you don’t have the horses up front to block for them.”

It doesn’t matter who you have in the backfield if you don’t have the horses up front to block for them.”

And again

It doesn’t matter who you have in the backfield if you don’t have the horses up front to block for them.”

- Loaded with RB's but one of the weakest O-lines in the league.

- Loaded with DB's but one of the weakest front 7's in the league.

- Me thinks this team just might be built back asswards.

- Thanks Dick Levy!

“Their best personnel on offense is their running backs, so in terms of taking away what a team does best, that’s where you put a lot of the focus,” one scout said. “At the end of the day, there’s only one perimeter threat in (receiver) Lee Evans. It doesn’t matter who you have in the backfield if you don’t have the horses up front to block for them.”

And again

So do you feel we should have taken Bulaga? He is currently playing guard, and will probably be a good one but had serious questions as a tackle. If not him who would you have suggested? Our problems are a result of poor decisions in the draft over the last several years. While I'm not sure if Spiller was the best pick at that spot, I'm willing to wait and see. All the holes can't be fixed in one draft. I realize going BPA works a lot better when you have a better talent base team wise, which we don't, but reaching to fill a need can be even worse. I sympathise with your frustration level. You have a great deal of company. I just hope this staff has a legitimate plan in place to get the BILLS to the next level.