Trade Lynch NOW!!!!

DC Grid

GB is cooked without Grant and they know it. With him out almost all year now (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5572144) they are desperate for a trade as Jackson cannot handle the load. The Bills need to eventually ditch one of their RBs and now would be a perfect time to get value for one. I'd be shocked if GB wouldn't give up what will be a low 3rd for Lynch, or if nothing else a 4th. Whatever we can get from GB now is as good as the Bills could ever hope for, and I for one would much rather have another pick in next years draft to spend on trying to solve some of the gapping holes we have on this team, than an extra RB who isn't part of the long term rebuilding plan.

GB is cooked without Grant and they know it. With him out almost all year now (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5572144) they are desperate for a trade as Jackson cannot handle the load. The Bills need to eventually ditch one of their RBs and now would be a perfect time to get value for one. I'd be shocked if GB wouldn't give up what will be a low 3rd for Lynch, or if nothing else a 4th. Whatever we can get from GB now is as good as the Bills could ever hope for, and I for one would much rather have another pick in next years draft to spend on trying to solve some of the gapping holes we have on this team, than an extra RB who isn't part of the long term rebuilding plan.

IF greenbay feels they are in superbowl mix, I'm willing to bet they go higher then a 3rd for lynch. They wanted him 3 years ago in the first before we took him.

Why are there no threads to trade Jackson? I love the guy but he's on the wrong side of 30 and Lynch is only 24 or 25. Also, Spiller and Lynch would compliment each other better than Freddie and Spiller.

I have a better idea, let's keep all three of them...Which is what we are going to do.

Edited by tonyd19

Why are there no threads to trade Jackson? I love the guy but he's on the wrong side of 30 and Lynch is only 24 or 25.

Answered your own question I think. Jackson's more valuable to the Bills than the 5th or 6th rd pick that they'd receive in return.

Answered your own question I think. Jackson's more valuable to the Bills than the 5th or 6th rd pick that they'd receive in return.

Exactly. Despite the Buffalove for Freddie, I'd be willing to bet the promise of a return to Beast Mode is a lot more inticing for the vast majority of NFL teams (even with his off field problems) than a hard working, undrafted, over-acheiver.

FWIW I would much rather keep Lynch as well, but with the money the Bills have tied up in Spiller, resigning lynch after 2011 will never happen, so we should try to get something for him now.

Edited by DC Grid

I'm torn on the idea of trading Lynch. On one hand, sure, you might be able to fill a need if you get a third/fourth round draft pick in return. But on the other hand, in a year or two one of our needs will be a solid RB to compliment Spiller, escpially if Fred Jackson declines b/c of his age. And we have that in Lynch already. So really I can go either way on this.

If we were a contender now, then a trade makes sense. Given our current situation, I'd rather keep him though.

1.cut Green pick up Herman Johnson off Arizona's Practice squad

2. Put Wang on IR, pick up Selvish Capers off Washington's practice squad

3. cut Kelsey pick up Pierre Walters off KC's Practice squad

4. Trade Fitz and Lynch to Green Bay for Flynn and a 3rd round pick

5. Trade Hangartner and two 3rd round picks for Logan Mankins

6. Move Bell from practice squad to team

7. Cut Spenser Johnson and Pick up Al Woods from Pittsburgh's practice squad

8. Trade Mcgee to San Diego for V Jackson

I think this is a completely reasonable thought. McKelvin is ready to be the starter. The Bills desperately need a playmaker at WR. Salaries might not match up that well but dumping McGee's salary will help offset Jackson's salary demands.

I forgot it was still the offseason

Cripes. Hit the panic button much?

Why are there no threads to trade Jackson? I love the guy but he's on the wrong side of 30 and Lynch is only 24 or 25. Also, Spiller and Lynch would compliment each other better than Freddie and Spiller.

I have a better idea, let's keep all three of them...Which is what we are going to do.

+1,000,000

I think this is a completely reasonable thought. McKelvin is ready to be the starter. The Bills desperately need a playmaker at WR. Salaries might not match up that well but dumping McGee's salary will help offset Jackson's salary demands.

after one game I wouldn't be so quick to throw out McGee for Leodis...McGee has more than proven himself, Leodis hasn't.