Report: Jenkins tears ACL again, out for year

truth on hold

The NFL Network's Jason La Canfora is reporting that Jets NT Kris Jenkins is out for the season with a torn ACL in his left knee.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/39174022/ns/sports-player_news/

You could just see last night that they wanted to cart them off and Jenkins was saying that he didn't want it. He knew it may be his last time on the field and wanted to walk off under his own power. You could see it in his eyes as he was walking off that he knew he was done.

You could just see last night that they wanted to cart them off and Jenkins was saying that he didn't want it. He knew it may be his last time on the field and wanted to walk off under his own power. You could see it in his eyes as he was walking off that he knew he was done.

This is a guy who every time I see him interviewed just seems to ooze his love and excitement for the game.

The man I feel bad for, the team I do not.

"It's a huge blow to the Jets, and a possible career-ender for Jenkins, who considered retirement after last year's torn ACL." Even though I though like the Jets & think they're a bunch of arrogant SOB's, I hate to see anyone get injured, especially a potential career ending injury.

Hard to say it any better than this.

I am definitely very sorry for Jenkins, and never am happy with injuries even to opponents. I wish him a speedy recovery and hope to see him back next year instead of hanging it up after two big knee injuries.

I think this certainly improves the Bills chances against the Jets, because Jenkins was a bigger problem for us than Revis, and this will change the look of their front 7 a lot. They still have a lot of talent and will remain a very tough defense, but Jenkins was a very big piece for them.

I am definitely very sorry for Jenkins, and never am happy with injuries even to opponents. I wish him a speedy recovery and hope to see him back next year instead of hanging it up after two big knee injuries.

I think this certainly improves the Bills chances against the Jets, because Jenkins was a bigger problem for us than Revis, and this will change the look of their front 7 a lot. They still have a lot of talent and will remain a very tough defense, but Jenkins was a very big piece for them.

Isnt that 3 now?

Isnt that 3 now?

I'm not sure if it's 3 knees, but it's definitely 3 season ending injuries...

Anyway, too bad for Jenkins...Kinda sucks, but he's a Jet now so it don't break my heart...The Jets D played well enough without him in 09 so I don't think it will set them back much... B-)

Now we just have to make sure Sanchez stays healthy and the Bills may have a shot.....

I seriously think they may wise up and bench the little twerp for Brunell at some point. Or Kellen Clemens for that matter - he really never got a fair shot, and showed a heck of a lot more than Sanchez.