Worst Quarterback in the NFL

I don't think Edwards is the worst QB in the NFL in terms of tools and talent. He has talent and has good accuracy. However, he is inconsistent, has zero confidence and his awareness is the worst in the NFL. He's earned the moniker captain checkdown because that's what he is. He takes the safe, guaranteed completion. Unfortunately that often leads to negative to minimal yardage gains. It's mind-boggling that an NFL QB can face a 3rd and 10 situation yet opt to throw a dump pass to a RB for a two yard gain, thus forcing a punt. He's got no guts, no swagger, no balls. His awareness and confidence levels are so low that it effectively makes him the worst QB in the NFL.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless your blind buddy, theres plenty of negative threads to chime in on. Folks are not retards here, at least most of them and we don't need a separate thread every time some lunatic gets a thought in his head.

I'm one of the easiest folks to get along with , but I'll be damned If I'll sit idle/silent as trolls try to ruin our Forum. :censored:

Beautifully put, Dog. :thumbsup:

Guest dog14787

dog14787 you are probably easy to get along with if people do what you want them to do, but it seems like you get mad if people act differently than you personally want them to. I don't follow you around and troll you and call you names, you don't need to do it to me, either.

I'm the biggest TE fan on this forum and there's dozens of negative threads/posts about Trent for me to reply to and most of them I probably will, but I also know most of the posters posting the negative posts are just expressing their opinions.

You on the other hand are only here to trash up our board and make other folks on the forum miserable. If you're just another poster here to express his/her opinion then mellow out,

Folks are already starting to report you.

Edited by dog14787

gotta love coming to TBD for the first time of the day and AGAIN seeing 5 freaking threads on how trent sucks, is the worst QB and so on. Honestly your beating a dead horse. I get it you don't like TE. Problem is, he is our starting QB for the near future and there is nothing posted in a thread on this board thats gonna change chan's mind. I get it you want to vent.... but 3 days of it is getting a little old. Can't all the Trent hate be put into one thread?

gotta love coming to TBD for the first time of the day and AGAIN seeing 5 freaking threads on how trent sucks, is the worst QB and so on. Honestly your beating a dead horse. I get it you don't like TE. Problem is, he is our starting QB for the near future and there is nothing posted in a thread on this board thats gonna change chan's mind. I get it you want to vent.... but 3 days of it is getting a little old. Can't all the Trent hate be put into one thread?

If it's a big topic here and in the media, you know some players are talking about it behind closed doors. I'm sure there are more than a few Bills who are miffed at Trent's play and figure they could have scored 17 points with better decision making at QB.

People here seem to slough off the 2 pick 6's that were dropped by Miami. That's a very big deal to me and does not bode well for Trent's play and decision making.

If you are familiar with my posts, this may shock you, but I'm willing to admit there is a chance that Trent Edwards is not the absolute worst starting quarterback in NFL.

Sanchez and Moore both looked very bad, and stand to give Edwards a solid run for his money in the quest to be the NFL's worst.

I still think there is a very good chance Trent will be the undisputed champion of bad quarterbacking by year's end, but if Sanchez or Moore takes home the title and Trent only gets a podium place it wouldn't really surprise me.

I would be willing to trade T.Edwards for Sanchez straight up without blinking! I would consider trading T.Edwards & M. Lynch for Sanchez as well, but I may blink a couple of times first! The question would be would anyone want T. Edwards? Probably not and it would be the arena leaugue or that Las Vegas team in that new leaugue I never hear about anymore. Maybe J.P. Lossman and Trent can compete for the starting QB spot on that roster!!! lol lol lol

Guest dog14787

The Bills have the most inexperienced, untalented group of WR's/ TE's in the NFL/Worse in Bills history.(Lee Evans as #1 included)in my opinion

To make things worse the Bills have arguably the worse left and right tackle's in the NFL.

Whole new offense, new coaching staff and a whole new beginning yet the Buffalo Bills still only lost by 5 points in the season opener. (thanks in big part to the defense)

The only time the offense did work well is late in the game when Trent Edwards finally took the reins himself with the no huddle and drove right down the field and scored.

The Vikings, Colts, Bengals, Falcons, Cowboys, Jets and Chargers all lost their season openers. Poor QB play observed by most as a contributing factor in many instances.

Blaming the QB for the loss just goes with the territory...

Guest dog14787

Even your confidence has to be a bit shaken after Sunday...I forgot, what am I getting again?

My confidence isn't shaken John,

8 track/AM radio/ 8 track collection/broken antenna, including groups like Deep Purple, Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin,

Some of the 8 tracks are a bit tangled up and wrapped around the cartridge's because on occasion the player chews tapes, (just so you know)

Edited by dog14787

If you are familiar with my posts, this may shock you, but I'm willing to admit there is a chance that Trent Edwards is not the absolute worst starting quarterback in NFL.

Sanchez and Moore both looked very bad, and stand to give Edwards a solid run for his money in the quest to be the NFL's worst.

I still think there is a very good chance Trent will be the undisputed champion of bad quarterbacking by year's end, but if Sanchez or Moore takes home the title and Trent only gets a podium place it wouldn't really surprise me.

I think considering the incredible talent Sanchez is surrounded by he's got to be #1 on the worst list...If you saw the look on that Kids face before the Baltimore Game when he was warming up it's SO obvious he's in WAY over his head at this point...I think he's got enough talent to overcome it, but the mental part of the Game is going to kill that Kid for the time being...

And Fatasaurus Rex promising Super Bowls is not doing Sanchez any favors either...The Kid probably cringes inside every time he hears that crap talk from his HC... B-)

Do you have anything better to do than call me names?

At least I keep my posts related to my opinions on the Bills and don't go out of my way go say nasty things about other posters.

Opinions are just like A Holes. everyone has one, but no one wants to hear them!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think Edwards is the worst QB in the NFL in terms of tools and talent. He has talent and has good accuracy. However, he is inconsistent, has zero confidence and his awareness is the worst in the NFL. He's earned the moniker captain checkdown because that's what he is. He takes the safe, guaranteed completion. Unfortunately that often leads to negative to minimal yardage gains. It's mind-boggling that an NFL QB can face a 3rd and 10 situation yet opt to throw a dump pass to a RB for a two yard gain, thus forcing a punt. He's got no guts, no swagger, no balls. His awareness and confidence levels are so low that it effectively makes him the worst QB in the NFL.

I agree with what you said to a moderate extent, but I think its hard to expect him to have confidence considering the situation he is playing in. No time to throw and no weapons to throw to (Lee Evans is just too easy to shut down considering there is nobody else that any defense in the NFL needs to worry about). Does his awareness suck? Yea right now it does, because he is getting bum rushed from the edge on a regular basis. IMO these are things that could be corrected if we could get some consistent blocking, allowing Trent time to throw and allowing the running game to take some pressure off of him. I mean god, if we could get some 2nd and 3rd and short situations, his check down passes would be much more effective wouldn't they? If we could play action, we could throw the ball down the field. It really boggles me that some people continue to remain in denial that the offensive line is not the source of all our woes. I suspect those people are the ones who said "!@#$ Jason Peters" as well...

Look anyone with a modicum of knowledge about football knows it all starts at the line of scrimmage. No blocking means you lose. No pass rush means you lose. It is just as simple as that. What compounds the problems for Trent is that he has no tight end to throw to, no possession receiver who can make that big play on third downs, no deep threat since Lee Evans will beat a double coverage exactly 0 out of 100 times, he has no big target who can consistently make a play over the middle of the field. I mean there is absolutely no dynamic element to this offense, which makes defending against us rather easy. Stack the box to stop the run. Blitz on passing downs. Double team our only legitimate receiving threat. Then watch our offense flounder and punt. I'm not really sure what is so difficult to understand or accept. I think a lot of you guys are mad because we don't have a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady type QB, but really you might as well forget about it because it is very unreasonable to draft a highly touted QB and then have to pay him absurd amounts of money just to watch him get demolished week in and week out and then fade into obscurity.

On a related note, the interior of our line is not all that bad. A couple of good tackles and we would be pretty solid I think. I wouldn't mind an upgrade at center but that is so low on the priority list at this point that we can just forget about it for a while. I like the approach Nix and Gailey have shown in the draft and I believe they might get this ship turned around. I believe they have accepted that this year is a complete wash, and next year we probably have exactly zero chance to make the playoffs (I do believe we will see some substantial improvement next year however). By year three I think we will have a legitimate chance of making the playoffs, and by year five we should be up to a contender level. But all of that is probably moot because people will be calling for Chan Gailey's head before this season is halfway over. No way he survives long enough to see his plan come to fruition. And its all because the overwhelming majority of football fans have zero understanding of the dynamics of the game or how to build a winning franchise. We need to just accept that there will be no instant gratification with this team. We need to accept that at no point in the past ten years have we been anywhere near a contending team who could add one or two pieces to make a legitimate run. We need to accept that we are going to get bruised badly before this turns around. We need to allow the staff to truly rebuild this franchise.

I mean just look at the Patriots and Colts before Manning and Bledsoe/Brady arrived. They were perennially two of the absolute worst teams in the NFL. They took their knocks while building a foundation for success. And what is the most common denominator between those two teams, beyond hall of fame QBs? Dominant offensive lines. So please people, let us just shut our mouths, take our licks, and be patient while Nix and Gailey build our foundation for success.

Edited by SouthGeorgiaBillsFan

I agree with what you said to a moderate extent, but I think its hard to expect him to have confidence considering the situation he is playing in. No time to throw and no weapons to throw to (Lee Evans is just too easy to shut down considering there is nobody else that any defense in the NFL needs to worry about). Does his awareness suck? Yea right now it does, because he is getting bum rushed from the edge on a regular basis. IMO these are things that could be corrected if we could get some consistent blocking, allowing Trent time to throw and allowing the running game to take some pressure off of him. I mean god, if we could get some 2nd and 3rd and short situations, his check down passes would be much more effective wouldn't they? If we could play action, we could throw the ball down the field. It really boggles me that some people continue to remain in denial that the offensive line is not the source of all our woes. I suspect those people are the ones who said "!@#$ Jason Peters" as well...

Look anyone with a modicum of knowledge about football knows it all starts at the line of scrimmage. No blocking means you lose. No pass rush means you lose. It is just as simple as that. What compounds the problems for Trent is that he has no tight end to throw to, no possession receiver who can make that big play on third downs, no deep threat since Lee Evans will beat a double coverage exactly 0 out of 100 times, he has no big target who can consistently make a play over the middle of the field. I mean there is absolutely no dynamic element to this offense, which makes defending against us rather easy. Stack the box to stop the run. Blitz on passing downs. Double team our only legitimate receiving threat. Then watch our offense flounder and punt. I'm not really sure what is so difficult to understand or accept. I think a lot of you guys are mad because we don't have a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady type QB, but really you might as well forget about it because it is very unreasonable to draft a highly touted QB and then have to pay him absurd amounts of money just to watch him get demolished week in and week out and then fade into obscurity.

I don't disagree with anything you wrote but I think it has to be considered that Trent is simply broken...I'm not saying it's the case, but at this point I think it has to at least be part of the overall evaluation...I wonder if, since the concussion in Az in 08, he's ever been the same...And I also wonder if he's capable of being that much better no matter who you put around him due to that factor... B-)