Kraig Urbik the future RT

PNW_Bills_Fan

Buddy said they were trying to get Urbik to be there RT when he was coming our of college. He also said that Wood, Levitry and Urbik were the top three linemen on there draft board when they came out of College. He said this in his MMQB club http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Buddy-Nix-Speaks-at-the-Monday-QB-Club/5f953c02-1d5d-4fdc-8e03-37365682b3c5.

Buddy said they were trying to get Urbik to be there RT when he was coming our of college. He also said that Wood, Levitry and Urbik were the top three linemen on there draft board when they came out of College. He said this in his MMQB club http://www.buffalobi...3-37365682b3c5.

Urbik grew up in Hudson, Wi - where I live (town of 10,000). I think some of my neighbors know him. I should see if I can get some inside information.... Or maybe a free tour of RWS? ;)

Buddy said they were trying to get Urbik to be there RT when he was coming our of college. He also said that Wood, Levitry and Urbik were the top three linemen on there draft board when they came out of College. He said this in his MMQB club http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Buddy-Nix-Speaks-at-the-Monday-QB-Club/5f953c02-1d5d-4fdc-8e03-37365682b3c5.

So he says??

Urbik was considered one of the top guard prospects for the 2009 NFL Draft..was selected in the third round (#79 overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft by the Pittsburgh Steelers.

* 2005 second team All-American (Sporting News[1] and Rivals.com

* 2007 consensus second team All-Big Ten selection

* 2008 second team All-Big Ten selection (Coaches)

* 2008 first team All-Big Ten selection (Rivals.com)

* 2008 ESPN.com first team All-American

Not a bad idea to build your o-line with Wisconsin guys, I think...

link

Hope we can get top LT prospect and fellow Badger Gabe Carimi in the draft as well.

Well, Urbik lost out on the top back-up position in Pittsburgh to an undrafted free agent so is he really any good, or better yet, the longterm solution at RT. I mean, he can't be worse than Green but that doesn't automatically make him an NFL starter!

And Bell seems to be getting slammed pretty good on the board but it seems that Nix and some others who are more qualified to make that decision have said he played well. I was at the game, he didn't stand out as being excellent, but I don't recall noticing him as being a consistent problem. Hey, if he went without a penalty, that's improvement (did he?).

he said they were the top three interior linemen in that draft. Huge difference.

he said they were the top three interior linemen in that draft. Huge difference.

Yeah, not sure Urbik has the footwork to be a RT in this league. Once Wang gets healthy, they should start this line:

Bell - Levitre - Wood - Urbik - Wang

Hangartner and Green are nothing more than career backups. Since this season is practically over, it's time to start the youth movement.

Why did pitts cut him if he's so good?

Trying to sneak him onto the practice squad?

Nobody's saying he's an immediate pro-bowler - just a good pickup to grab a young guy with some credentials, who, because he's not a corpse or a 5-year-old girl, can probably out-play Green.

(I'm sorry if I've offended any 5-year-old badass girls out there with the comparison, btw)

Edited by BobChalmers

Why did pitts cut him if he's so good?

he needs development. But I don't think he is an answer at RT. He should be there as G/C depth, which we really need as well.

If they can somehow get a new RT during the season (or get wang to be a decent RT), that would be great.

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

I might be wrong, but it seemed to me that Buddy was certainly implying that they were not happy with what Green did (i.e.; "We watched the same game you did.") and were trying to get Urbik up to speed in the hopes he would be the right tackle. Just my impression

Yeah, not sure Urbik has the footwork to be a RT in this league. Once Wang gets healthy, they should start this line:

Bell - Levitre - Wood - Urbik - Wang

Yeah, I think that's the rap on Urbik--not quick enough on his feet. That lineup you have looks pretty good. Too bad the Bills weren't able to try that out during camp.

Well, Urbik lost out on the top back-up position in Pittsburgh to an undrafted free agent so is he really any good, or better yet, the longterm solution at RT. I mean, he can't be worse than Green but that doesn't automatically make him an NFL starter!

And Bell seems to be getting slammed pretty good on the board but it seems that Nix and some others who are more qualified to make that decision have said he played well. I was at the game, he didn't stand out as being excellent, but I don't recall noticing him as being a consistent problem. Hey, if he went without a penalty, that's improvement (did he?).

there is no one in the Bills organization that has any credibility at identifying OL talent.

Buddy is the one who brought in Green and gave him $3 mil - so he must know what he's doing with OL

- fat chance