Kraig Urbik the future RT

PNW_Bills_Fan

there is no one in the Bills organization that has any credibility at identifying OL talent.

Buddy is the one who brought in Green and gave him $3 mil - so he must know what he's doing with OL

- fat chance

Or Green was the only FA that was worth getting, which tells you something.

there is no one in the Bills organization that has any credibility at identifying OL talent.

Buddy is the one who brought in Green and gave him $3 mil - so he must know what he's doing with OL

- fat chance

I count the days until this franchise fires Modrak, 9 years of his ineptitude should be enough, at least you'd think it would

I might be wrong, but it seemed to me that Buddy was certainly implying that they were not happy with what Green did (i.e.; "We watched the same game you did.") and were trying to get Urbik up to speed in the hopes he would be the right tackle. Just my impression

No, you are not wrong. I saw that, too, and loved the remark. It was Buddy's politically correct way of saying that Green played like a heaping pile of dog ****.

http://steelerstoday.com/?p=3562

Doesn't sound much like a tackle to me

On the negative side, Urbik is not particularly quick, and he may struggle in pass coverage. Urbik’s lack of quickness is frequently exposed by speed rushers. During drills at the NFL Combine, this weakness was exposed as Urbik constantly had to hold speed rushers who had a good swim move or spin move. Urbik struggles in open space, and is easy to get around. Moreover, Urbik doesn’t have the speed to get out an pull.

Aside from his quickness problems, Urbik also has flaws in his technique that are going to have to be addressed at the next level. He must work on his footwork. His hand quickness will also need to be developed. Lastly, he must sustain his blocks longer than he does.

Urbik will probably do better as a right guard than as a left guard due to his quickness problems. While he did play right tackle at Wisconsin, this is not an option for him in the NFL.

Or Green was the only FA that was worth getting, which tells you something.

Well there was that Flozell Adams guy, who Pitt signed to replace the Bills' former RT, who Urbick couldn't beat out for the back up RT slot (if he can even play that position)

Eventually it all goes back to the brilliance of cutting a perfectly serviceable RT Langston Walker because he couldn't play LT.

Good job Mr. Overdorf. Did you have your cookie today? You deserve it after the Week 1 performance.

Yeah, not sure Urbik has the footwork to be a RT in this league. Once Wang gets healthy, they should start this line:

Bell - Levitre - Wood - Urbik - Wang

Hangartner and Green are nothing more than career backups. Since this season is practically over, it's time to start the youth movement.

How is the season practically over? One game???? Now we want to take a guy who couldn't make it as a backup and start him??? Give me a break. I'm not saying Green is great, but think about this a little bit. They brought Urbik in as a backup for depth, Wang never played RT, and is a rookie, but if he is better then so be it.

Just some information, the Jets went 9-7 and made the playoffs because Indy rested their players last year and this year they didn't even make a third down play. In other words, they played worst than the Bills. Season is not over yet........