On a positive note...

Coach Klein

Yeah, McKelvin looked like a guy who deserved to be drafted #11 overall. Florence actually looked real good, too, and McGee only had like 1 ball thrown his way in the 2nd half. Our secondary is definitely legit, although we already knew that. And truth be told, the coverage units on special teams looked pretty good as well. I was very concerned about them after the preseason. And I thought Roscoe looked like his old self returning punts. Those are all of the positive things I'm able to say about yesterday's game.

Yeah, McKelvin looked like a guy who deserved to be drafted #11 overall. Florence actually looked real good, too, and McGee only had like 1 ball thrown his way in the 2nd half. Our secondary is definitely legit, although we already knew that. And truth be told, the coverage units on special teams looked pretty good as well. I was very concerned about them after the preseason. And I thought Roscoe looked like his old self returning punts. Those are all of the positive things I'm able to say about yesterday's game.

When you cannot stop the run on the 1st down and the defense cannot get off the field on 3rd and longs, I don't understand why the secondary is considered good. The secondary was never tested.

Was there some reason Florence kept getting stuck covering Marshall? Shouldn't that have been McGee's man? Did anyone else notice this? The distribution of coverage was at least 50/50, but I think Florence actually ended up on Marshall quite a bit more than that.

Florence is a more physical DB than mcgee is, I think the gameplan was to bump hit and do whatever we could to disrupt marshalls routes and thus why florence covered him. it ended up working pretty good because he only had 53 yards.

My positive from the game is trying the field goal at the end of the 1st half. As they were lining up I was thinking "if Jauron was here, he'd have them take a knee and run to the locker room".

Big ben type play was the correct call there, IMO. I guess that Trent would've just checked it down though so maybe the field goal attempt made sense after all...

Big ben type play was the correct call there, IMO. I guess that Trent would've just checked it down though so maybe the field goal attempt made sense after all...

I was happy they tried the FG, especially with the wind at Lindell's back. Taking "a knee" or watching Trent throw a two yard pass would have really sucked.