Indications that our O-line is terrible

It's hard to tell exactly how good Lee Evans is because he's routinely doubled and not really big or strong enough to play that way.

He is definitely not in the caliber of Steve Smith. Same height, build and speed, Smith does fight double teams and makes better plays. I was surprised that Evans was the check down option 2 yards from LoS on a 3rd and 12 play.

It would be different if Edwards had the time Henne had to throw and didn't take advantage of it like Henne... It would be different if the Bills had built a power running game and Edwards kept screwing up by throwing INT's or bad passes

The Bills didn't even try and run the ball at any stage of this game, they came out thyroiwing and kept trying to throw against a very good blitizing Dolphin defense. Even when the Dolphins rushed 4 and dropped into coverage and the Bills kept 5-6 back to block they still managed to get to Edwards.and hurry him

Lee Evans certainly does not have breakaway speed.

Wow...Don't even know what to say about that comment...The rest of your post could have been 100% dead on, but you lost me with that sentence...Lee Evans has incredible breakaway speed...It may be even better functional football speed than stopwatch, but it's substantial breakaway speed nonetheless... B-)

You'd think they would learn from last year when we had no OT's to start the year. I said in July that lack of OT's would kill the Bills again. Some listened, some laughed-who's laughing now?

The OL situation is now at the desperate stage they need to Cut Green and Sign Gandy. Then they need to sign that Williams kid who no one will touch because he did his sister to the practice squad. Frankly I don't care if Williams did his sister as long as he stays away from my sister.

Whe there are 8 or 9 guys in the box we must make them pay with throws down the field. To throw 3 yard passes or behind the line only encourages more pass and run blitzes. Unless our QB gets respect in this regard we will have no running game as well.

There is a general myth that the reason our run game was stuffed was that the dolphins stacked the box with 8-9 people. The OL got manhandled with the front four of the dolphins and their LBs and DL got to the QB or the RBs much quicker. The majority of the tackles on RBs were made by the front seven, not the safeties. The dolphins were in coverage of the WRs most of the day.

It doesn't matter if we have Trent, Fitz, Brohm, or Peyton Manning back there, we're not winning until this offensive line improves drastically.

actually it works the others way, once your qb play is descent they can't bring the blitz every passing play or hang out at the line of scrimmage to shut down the run and the pass. When they rush 8-9 we can't keep in 9 or 10 to block.

If you mean that make-believe pressure in Trent's head that causes him to stop looking downfield and run to the outside instead of just stepping up and let the pocket fold around him and then make a play (and by play I mean a pass longer than 2 yards past the line of scrimmage), then yes. That pressure was there.

Funny how not one person in this entire thread has debated this statement...nor should they.

Yes, there were times Edwards was pressured, but this kid just sees pressure even when it's not there. He refuses to step up in the pocket (there were plenty of times he had one) and thus creates pressure with his lack of awareness.

I was impressed by Trent in the pre-season, and really want to give him a chance...watching him yesterday, he looked like the concept of stepping up is totally foreign to him. I'm sorry, but that's not on the line or the coaching.

Edited by thebandit27

Funny how not one person in this entire thread has debated this statement...nor should they.

Yes, there were times Edwards was pressured, but this kid just sees pressure even when it's not there. He refuses to step up in the pocket (there were plenty of times he had one) and thus creates pressure with his lack of awareness.

I was impressed by Trent in the pre-season, and really want to give him a chance...watching him yesterday, he looked like the concept of stepping up is totally foreign to him. I'm sorry, but that's not on the line or the coaching.

+1000

Seriously, its like people dont even watch the game...Yes our O Line sucks, but Trent sucks more and a better QB could do a LOT more with this exact offense. I am not even going to address the grossly exaggerated comments about Lee Evans by the OP, not worth the time...

What I find the most funny about posts in this thread and some others is how people are blaming the lack of a run game as why Trent struggled. NEWS FLASH: When you can not complete pass more than 5 yards down field, you wont run the ball either as they are going to stack 9 upfront and shut down the run. Trent is no where close to being an NFL caliber QB and there is no excuses anymore.

I swear, a High School team could defend a Trent led offense...

This guy missed OPEN recievers all day, including a WIDE open Stevie down the seam who would have caught the ball and walked into the endzone where Trent had plenty of time throw. Instead he threw what was essentially a pick 6 but the DB dropped, one of two pick sixes he threw that the DB's flat out dropped right in their hands. Of course, the pick 6 pass was another 6 yard pass to the sideline.

I have never in my life on any level of football seen a guy throw so many passes BEHIND or at the line of scrimmage.

Wake up call: In Trents 3 years we have had 3 offensive coordinators, 2 HC's, and multiple QB Coaches and yet he still cant seem to pass the ball more than 5 yards in the air, refuses to throw it down field on 3rd and long, doesnt even throw the ball with the game on the line and 30 seconds left, etc...the ONLY common denominator in all of that is Trent Edwards...

Edited by Alphadawg7