Simon

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't get what's happening? they do understand that they'll only have like 12 seconds left, right?

Edit: Er, wait, no, I was thinking they only had one timeout. THAT'S WHY I'M NOT A COACH.

But still. Miracle is necessary.

Edited by wardigital

I disagree. Jauron's stupidity was always straightforward, so that you always knew it was stupid. Gailey's getting clever...so that you're not quite sure if he's stupid, or crazy like a fox.

:lol:

they are going to have to executre a punt snap

i suppose there's a better chance of making a play there than on offense at the 1

See... if they punted it away from their endzone there's a good chance with Morman's Leg they would be starting exactly where are after that kick off... and they would be down by 3 instead of 5. Yeah. Stupid. But what's stupid is Trent Edwards' inability to do anything today, the offensive line's inability to get a run game going, and let's be honest, Lee Evans does not get open as much as a top flight receiver is supposed to.

So were the chances of us completing a pass on 4th and 10 from our 1 inch line, after the previous 3, one of which should have been a pick 6 by Edwards, after he should have had another pick 6 earlier in the game.

Yeah, I don't blame Chan for having no confidence in Trent. I just hope he has seen the Edwards has no game confidence. Fewell saw it.

only thing that sucks now is we need a TD instead of a FG...

Hopefully we can pull off an opening day miracle like last year where Johnson called the Denver-Cincinnati game where Stokely caught a pass that was deflected like 3 times for an 87 yard TD as time expired...

Could lightning strike twice for Gus Johnson?

Edited by matter2003

Okay, I get you think that punting the ball and stopping the Phins, getting the ball back with 20 seconds left is a better scenario than letting your scarecrow QB throw the ball out of his end zone on 4th and 10.

But why give them the safety. What's the extra 20 yards on the punt going to buy you? At least when you get the ball back with 20 seconds left, you only need a FG instead of a TD.

Oh well, nice to know the 10 year tradition of head-scratching coaching decisions continues.