It's not safe to be a TE on the Bills

Kelly the Dog

They're dropping like flies in the Bisons outfield. Looks like we'll have to sign another to the PS.

Personally, I'm not concerned about our TEs right now. Nelson will be back in game five. Stuparman and Martin will be fine until then. McIntyre or a back-up OL will fill in if emergencies arise. We'll likely just sign another nobody to the PS.

http://www.macsfootballblog.com/2010/09/bills-practice-squad-te-dajleon-farr.html

What do I know....but IMHO if Nelson comes in with his head and body in shape we have another extremely fast and dangerous receiver to add to our already somewhat fast and dangerous stable. Consider the following players on the field at the same time for a minute:

Evans with sub 4.4 speed

Parrish whose 40 is fast but his quickness is off the charts

Spiller...let's put him on a pass route for now. Duh, just who is going to cover him? Huh? Answer: Nobody!

Nelson, a TE who runs the 40 in the 4.5's

And just for the fun of it let's throw a 6'5 1/2", 2nd WR out there with those guys.

Assuming the OL holds up for a couple of seconds, ain't no DB's gonna cover those guys for long.

The future starting Tight End for the Bills is not on the roster. This is Gailey's year to truly see where the team's strengths and gaping holes are, and TE is one of the biggest. He needs a real blocker, with smarts, and some hands.

There have been a lot of foot injuries on this year's squad.

I think back to Shane Conlan's foot injury that kept him out for most of a year.

He had his own brand of shoes and he blamed it on them.

It's either something like that or Chan's got the trainers getting them in shape doing kickboxing. :unsure: