Parcells disappointed in Henne?

seq004

For all his football ability, Bill Parcells has a decreasing attention span with his teams. This retreat from responsibility should surprise no one who has seen the pattern. The fun was in the initial recovery... he is too old, too rich, and too established to want to hang around and manage a team. He has shown that in NE, NY, DAL, and now MIA. This takes nothing away from his successes, but it does show how difficult it is to repeat the kind of long-term success he had with the Giants.

I don't know what to make of it... as the actual audio makes it sound like it was a throw-away comment from Carruci. But then everyone knows Parcells leaks things via national media guys...

The local Miami Herald writer Armando Salguero posted this on this twitter account directly afterward:

http://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero

"I can assure everyone that Bill Parcells is not disappointed in Chad Henne at this time. Period."

12 minutes ago via TweetDeck

I guess all will be revealed in another day and a half.

Good luck... and here's to no serious injuries to either team!

Edited by wockenbauss

One thing that came to mind immediately when I read that - if Miami tanks this year, they'll be big going after one of the QB's coming out next year - they're not going to go, with all the expectations on that team, for more than a season without a franchise caliber QB.

I don't know about other Bills fans, but I get pretty nervous about other teams making better or quicker moves come draft day on the QB front. I know we haven't played this season yet, but next year looks like the perfect year, with some really good QB's coming out, to go get a star - and we could use it. But, it's not hard to imagine the other six or seven teams in need of a QB out bidding us, unless we are so bad this year that we don't need to worry. I don't think we'll be picking in the top five next year, though, so it makes me a little anxious. I really hope we do whatever it takes next spring to get our guy.

I haven't seen anything from Chad Henne that makes me understand any of the hype being given to him. Maybe he'll be a great QB but I have yet to see any evidence supporting that notion.

The hype around Henne has to do with the hype around Miami with pop stas being co team owners and the idea that it is such a cool and hip "international" city. The fact that they have mediocre talent won't be shown until the enbd of the year, when everyone says they "underachieved"

Chad Henne and Mark Sanchez are two reasons the Bills will finish 2nd in the AFC East.

These guys are so overrated.

I agree they are overrated. Hoping for a 2nd place finish also. :)

Edited by markinsd

One thing that came to mind immediately when I read that - if Miami tanks this year, they'll be big going after one of the QB's coming out next year - they're not going to go, with all the expectations on that team, for more than a season without a franchise caliber QB.

I don't know about other Bills fans, but I get pretty nervous about other teams making better or quicker moves come draft day on the QB front. I know we haven't played this season yet, but next year looks like the perfect year, with some really good QB's coming out, to go get a star - and we could use it. But, it's not hard to imagine the other six or seven teams in need of a QB out bidding us, unless we are so bad this year that we don't need to worry. I don't think we'll be picking in the top five next year, though, so it makes me a little anxious. I really hope we do whatever it takes next spring to get our guy.

No matter how many great looking qb's there are in next year's draft there is no guarantee that any of them will pan out in the NFL. Percentage wise a few should, but still no guarantee. I'll be keeping my eye on prospective qb's for us to draft as a lot of us will be but we should also consider that maybe Chan can turn Trent into something. If it's possible for Trent to be molded into an above average qb then (this is blasphemy to many of you I know) I think Chan might prioritize a bit differently and go after other needs yet again. The only way to know is to see how the season unfolds.

I want a STUD qb as much as the most hard core Bills fan. If Chan sees something promising in Trent this year I believe he'll target the BPA available and not necessarily go for a qb. Also it has to do with whether Chan thinks any of the qb's next are worth a darn in his system.

There's also the possibility that more than one qb will be available that Chan might froth over. Ya never know.

Oh ya i almost forgot, this is a Henne thread. ok Henne is too highly thought of. there, that's my input. :P

Edited by Pilsner

Having bought the groceries, he apparently has realized there was nothing to cook.

Nice reference to that infamous Parcells line,

"If they want you to cook the dinner, at least they ought to let you shop for some of the groceries."

Apparently he said this after being overruled by Robert Kraft. Parcells didn't want to draft Terry Glenn but Kraft made the final decision.

In the last week, the Fish has cut free agent center Jake Grove who they were convinced was going to anchor their line, last year's 2nd rounder, Pat White, and last year's 3rd rounder Patrick Turner.

As Parcells has proven in the past, he's a great coach but an ordinary personnel guy.

Can you imagine the uproar in Buffalo if the Bills cut 2nd and 3rd round sophomores?