2010 Sleeper Team

cmjoyce113

actually, no he didnt

its a misleading article title by graham. note that chin never said the word 'sleeper'. in fact, he said nothing other than the bills will be prepared, play hard, and still mostly lose (he didnt say lose either but he did say wont make the playoffs which means mostly lose)

so its graham that throws in the word 'sleeper', and it misrepresents what chin said. sleeper usually means challenge for 'success' which in football is the postseason. just surprising people and playing competitive isnt enough to get that designation. youre not a sleeper if you are gonna win five or six games

so bills fans will gush over how awesome chin is, and that chin said chan is the man, and the bills are gonna be this years surprise team and woo hoo maybe the playoffs are a real possibility!

uh, sorry, no

hey i would absolutely love it if chin had said we gonna kick some arse. but id also love it if halle berry said she wanted to rub strawberries all over my nether regions

So you only support the incredibly negative articles that get posted every 20 minutes? I can't help but feel regardless of what was said, it wasn't negative. It's kind of a breath of fresh air to see something not negative in the media. Because of this I posted the link. I think some Bills fans might enjoy something other than complete negativity.

The answer is the Raiders will be the sleeper team, they can't rush the passer but who can run on them and they are much improved at QB. Against the likes of the chiefs and Broncos the Raiders will fair well. they will finish 9-7 and be in he hunt for a Wild card

hey dont blame me. all im saying is other than the word 'sleeper', which wasnt chins, why do people think this is such a positive piece of information?

chin essentially said they would be prepared, creative offensively, play hard, and mostly lose. which if you think about it is exactly the same as what dick brought us, well except the offensive creativity part. but dick also brought us non-playoff level competitiveness and that sucked so im wondering why people are so excited about chins comments when basically he said we will get dick-like results with a funner offense

hey dont blame me. all im saying is other than the word 'sleeper', which wasnt chins, why do people think this is such a positive piece of information?

chin essentially said they would be prepared, creative offensively, play hard, and mostly lose. which if you think about it is exactly the same as what dick brought us, well except the offensive creativity part. but dick also brought us non-playoff level competitiveness and that sucked so im wondering why people are so excited about chins comments when basically he said we will get dick-like results with a funner offense

Your right it's not overly positive but reading an article that says nothing about us going 0-16 or having the #1 pick in the draft is nice once in a while. Nothing personal. If you like the article you do, if not that's cool too.

So you only support the incredibly negative articles that get posted every 20 minutes? I can't help but feel regardless of what was said, it wasn't negative. It's kind of a breath of fresh air to see something not negative in the media. Because of this I posted the link. I think some Bills fans might enjoy something other than complete negativity.

Actually, it was a positive article. Considering the negative themes that run through most of what is written about the Bills, it is nice every once in a while to see something that has a more hopeful, positive feel to it. Glass half full... :thumbsup:

Edited by billsfan1959

Not one place would the term sleeper indicate a playoff team. Like you said successful. If just about everyone claims Buffalo will be a 2-14, to a 4-12 team and they turn around and have an 8-8 team and just miss the playoffs then that would be a sleeper in my opinion because they have had success. I have been expecting him to back Buffalo up because he was the one who recommended Chan the Man to us. Chin has and always will back up Chan the Man, and I think he's right. We just might not make the playoffs, but we will be a huge surprise to most.

People and especially me have put down Jauron, but you have to give him credit on one thing and that is the NFL is going pass happy, and he did get us one of the best db's in the league. Now that being said our defense kept the Bills in more games than we should have been in. I feel Chan the Man will get our offense going and hopefully we will just have a weakness on the run and it better be much improved from last year... Bills 9-7 this yr!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh why don't you just go beam yourself somewhere, preferrably another planet.

There is always a team that exceeds low expectations every year. Nothing prevents the Bills from being that team.

See: Rams, St. Louis, 1999. Team was getting laughed out of the building with a former Cadillac-selling coach and and a quarterback from the Arena League. Projected at 6-10 or 5-11, last in the NFC West.

That's what makes the NFL the most exciting of the professional franchise sports in America. It's a crapshoot every weekend.

like you said, he never said "lose." That is a word you threw in there youself. The chin never said that.

You can still have a winning season and not make the playoffs, btw.

actually, no he didnt

its a misleading article title by graham. note that chin never said the word 'sleeper'. in fact, he said nothing other than the bills will be prepared, play hard, and still mostly lose (he didnt say lose either but he did say wont make the playoffs which means mostly lose)

so its graham that throws in the word 'sleeper', and it misrepresents what chin said. sleeper usually means challenge for 'success' which in football is the postseason. just surprising people and playing competitive isnt enough to get that designation. youre not a sleeper if you are gonna win five or six games

so bills fans will gush over how awesome chin is, and that chin said chan is the man, and the bills are gonna be this years surprise team and woo hoo maybe the playoffs are a real possibility!

uh, sorry, no

hey i would absolutely love it if chin had said we gonna kick some arse. but id also love it if halle berry said she wanted to rub strawberries all over my nether regions

That doesn't mean mostly lose. You can be 9-7 and not make the playoffs. Not that the Bills will win 9 games, but what you're suggesting is not what Cowher said, either.

Edited by wardigital

lmao @ you guys splitting hairs to make yourselves feel better

both here and on other boards people are projecting so much into what chin said as if it means we will be a lot better, but thats just not what he said

he said it in a very politically correct way but if you break it down he clearly was saying its not a team ready to compete for the playoffs

if he thought it was going to be an 8+ win team he would have said something like 'they will challenge for a playoff spot but likely fall short'. but he didnt, he said they will NOT make the playoffs. you dont say that if you think a team has a chance at 8-9 wins cuz you know all it takes is on bounce an entire season to get you from there into the playoffs (potentially). so yeah he expect us to be a sub-500 team, meaning lose more than you win, meaning mostly lose

its crystal clear to me he saying precisely something to the effect of chan is a good coach and will get them as ready as they can be but they are still going to lose more than they will win and not make the playoffs

hell, i told yall that months ago and i dont see anybody gushing over it

If you actually read the article, you'll see that Simms is the only one who outright says we won't make the playoffs. And he too had some very positive things to say. I hated Simms when he said we weren't legit after our fast start a couple seasons ago, but oh how right he was.

I'll take "they're on the right track" over "worst team ever" any day.

Edited by No Cease Fires