"Unknown" joins BILLS to help win.

In April Jacksonville was shocked and scrambled reaching for DE Aluala after the Bills Spiller selection...The draft experts were flabbergasted.

Levi Brown Cut. NOBODY flys out to Schobel to beg while McCargo and Lynch embraced? OTs not addressed as they believe Bell can handle his business.Stroud's big ass converted to DE and Kyle on the nose? The speed of Roscoe in the mix? Who is this Nelson kid?

"All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Why do most of the experts have the BILLS finishing last in the AFC East and feel that they'll be lucky to win a game or two? A: Because with all the changes they don't have a clue about this team. They are a mystery. How do you game plan for a team that you know nothing about with so many changes? You cant. We are a wild cat.

Gailey knows this defense is good but hes hiding it, no blitz packages shown.Whose our running back? How does the BEST secondary and backfield in the NFL not win? Impossible! I also believe this team is far more balanced then meets the eye. The Dolphins game is sold out, The 12th man will be in full force. CG's Bills are a mystery and they will crush the Fins.

Edited by John Belucheese

In April Jacksonville was shocked and scrambled reaching for DE Aluala after the Bills Spiller selection...The draft experts were flabbergasted.

Levi Brown Cut. NOBODY flys out to Schobel to beg while McCargo and Lynch embraced? OTs not addressed as they believe Bell can handle his business.Stroud's big ass converted to DE and Kyle on the nose? The speed of Roscoe in the mix? Who is this Nelson kid?

"All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him."

Why do most of the experts have the BILLS finishing last in the AFC East and feel that they'll be lucky to win a game or two? A: Because with all the changes they don't have a clue about this team. They are a mystery. How do you game plan for a team that you know nothing about with so many changes? You cant. We are a wild cat.

Gailey knows this defense is good but hes hiding it, no blitz packages shown.Whose our running back? How does the BEST secondary and backfield in the NFL not win? Impossible! I also believe this team is far more balanced then meets the eye. The Dolphins game is sold out, The 12th man will be in full force. CG's Bills are a mystery and they will crush the Fins.

Amen brother!!!! GO BILLS!!!

John this is awesome. You even threw in Sun Tzu which I completely agree with. I too believe Gailey will be very deceptive. This team will be incredibly exciting to watch this season.

Extremely deceptive. Cant figure him out. I'm constantly saying "huh?" And thats what I hope the opposition feels when facing the BILLS. Suddenly Trent aint no "captain checkdown" if Roscoe is the one getting it haha. Roscoe is a blaze and will be a huge YAC-YAC. He even toyed with us over the youngsters. Rooosevelt seemed to be the one but he took Donald. His evaluations are hush hush.

John this is awesome. You even threw in Sun Tzu which I completely agree with. I too believe Gailey will be very deceptive. This team will be incredibly exciting to watch this season.

I just hope he is able to pull it off better than Mularky, who was also considered deceptive. I remember a lot of gimmicky plays getting blown up.

Haha love the optimism and hope you are right. We will find out in less than a week! I will be doing my part cheering at the Ralph to squish to fish!

I see him coming out with a very creative passing attack and excellent play calling setting up big plays. Also I agree with your prediction that we'll blitz and blitz. Henne won't know where the next blitzer will come. They could come in bunches.

Chan has been preparing to make a BIG statement in this game.

I just hope he is able to pull it off better than Mularky, who was also considered deceptive. I remember a lot of gimmicky plays getting blown up.

not that kinda deceptive as in running plays like the fumbleruski, deceptive about the quality of team at each position and whose playing where? To th egeneral public the progress of the team is a mystery. Also he had em hitting hard at camp with a ton of 2-a-days. Sure we lost Batten and and the Uconn WR...hmmm...oh, Easly. But two rookies aint all that bad. They are apparently stronger this year.

I see him coming out with a very creative passing attack and excellent play calling setting up big plays. Also I agree with your prediction that we'll blitz and blitz. Henne won't know where the next blitzer will come. They could come in bunches.

Chan has been preparing to make a BIG statement in this game.

BLITZ! yes and thats why Mitchell wasnt cut. Mitchell aint a crushing hitter wanting to destroy guards but he can blitz and squash twiggy QBs. haha Im super curious about Stroud. Perfect timing for him to change as he wasnt busting up those dbl teams as he did when he first arrived. I cudnt imagine being a OT with the Stroud assignment.Bullrush madness if you ask me. Imagine a rb staying "home" to protect or chip block Stroud? haha D-E-A-D meat. GO BILLS

If Sun Tzu makes anyone feel better about the upcoming season then I'm OK with that, but no amout of ancient wisdom changes the fact that the Bills lack talent in a great number of places as our personnel decisions over the past decade have been terrible. I am constantly amazed at what Bills fans will draw upon to give them hope before the season starts.Don't get me wrong - I'm not criticizing anyone for getting pumped up, but when your best hope is that we have some sort of genius plan of deception based on ancient philosophy you might just be bitterly disappointed when the season actually starts.

Very interesting take. Never looked at it that way, but when you put it out there, maybe there is some master plan of trickery! I just thought the guys that got cut weren't as good! It is odd that we really didn't see many blitzes, but I remember a few by the rookie(Moats) that were very effective GO BILLS!!!

Deception has been used my many successful head coaches. This is where using the media to an organizations advantage comes in to play. Don Shula, Jimmy Johnson, chuck Noll I came to learn used deception to "bate" the opponent in one direction and then drive in another. Another example is the 1990 Bills Playoff Game 1 vs Miami. If you all recall, Jim Kelly five weeks earlier hurt his knee vs the Giants on that awesome Saturday afternoon game. The week leading up to the Bills / Dolphins game, Marv Levy did a great job of "Well, we just don't know where Kelly is at.....the cold weather really plays havoc on an injury, especially the knee....." When game time hit, Kelly was lights out vs the fins. Deception is also used by Belicheck :)

If Sun Tzu makes anyone feel better about the upcoming season then I'm OK with that, but no amount of ancient wisdom changes the fact that the Bills lack talent in a great number of places as our personnel decisions over the past decade have been terrible. I am constantly amazed at what Bills fans will draw upon to give them hope before the season starts.Don't get me wrong - I'm not criticizing anyone for getting pumped up, but when your best hope is that we have some sort of genius plan of deception based on ancient philosophy you might just be bitterly disappointed when the season actually starts.

i like that you used "might" haha bc you just dont know. also football is brutal violence where genius doesnt work...but its how we attack or what kinda fight we have in us. I chose Sun Tzu only for the prose in its translation. But the quote is really still true in modern battle today and always will be found in good leadership. U can ask any man w balls "What should we do in a situation where we are at a disadvantage?" and these rules will be expressed. Football is a war game with planning involved deception is only a part of it. Confidence in the face of risk is another factor as well as pure power. Will stroud suck as a DE? Will Kyle be a good NG? Can Spiller handle 25 carries? Is having Spiller + OT Bell better than just getting Anthony Davis or Buluga? This is the type of analysis that is required and thought about in a we must win now situation. nobody cares about the buffalo bills or thinks we can win but yes as a fan I do. therefore I appreciate the critical actions that CG is taking with what he has. this is America..."no past only frontiers" -Donald Draper. theres a modern qoute for you