I usually hate the "we should get this guy" threads,

Steely Dan

Link

...the trade is going to lead to the departure of right tackle Sean Locklear, who, according to multiple sources, is being shopped in a trade and isn't expected to be around by opening day....

He would at least provide a lot better depth behind Green. Seattle wanted Lynch during the draft so he could be a part of a deal. The Bills send Lynch to Seattle and Seattle sends Buffalo Locklear and a 3rd round 2011 pick that could become a 2nd round pick with Lynch performance clauses.

Why trade for him when we know he'll probably be cut? To make sure the Bills get him. JMO

Link

...the trade is going to lead to the departure of right tackle Sean Locklear, who, according to multiple sources, is being shopped in a trade and isn't expected to be around by opening day....

He would at least provide a lot better depth behind Green. Seattle wanted Lynch during the draft so he could be a part of a deal. The Bills send Lynch to Seattle and Seattle sends Buffalo Locklear and a 3rd round 2011 pick that could become a 2nd round pick with Lynch performance clauses.

Why trade for him when we know he'll probably be cut? To make sure the Bills get him. JMO

If he is related to Heather Locklear, I am all for it...maybe he can bring her to the games!!

Link

Interesting that Julius Jones is going to be cut as well. His departure leaves Seattle with Justin Forsett, Leon Washington and Quinton Ganther as the running backs (quite a Murder's Row, there). A package deal for Lynch, perhaps...

Edited by Lurker

I'd rather have Locklear and then cut Green...the guy just hasn't shown me a thing. At least Meredith and Wang have some upside (I will pistol-whip the next person who makes a phallic joke out of that) and are worth developing.

By the way, I also see that Seattle released OT/OG Mansfield Wrotto today. He's only 25 and has started a handful of games already, plus he's got the versatility to play Tackle or Guard. But here's the kicker, he was a Gailey recruit at Georgia Tech. I wouldnt be surprised to see a guy like Cary Harris or John McCargo get kicked to the curb tomorrow and we end up claiming him.

Edited by BillsGuyInOrchardPark

Link

I haven't seen many Seahawks games, but glimpses I caught last year Hasselback looked like contestant on "Run for your Life"

For the last couple years, Seahawks keeping us company on the bottom of the league for offensive points and yards.

Can you help me understand why this guy is worth a former pro bowl RB + a pick with that background?

There are experienced OL from teams with scary-good lines already available....is he the bright lamp in a dim room or something?

I haven't seen many Seahawks games, but glimpses I caught last year Hasselback looked like contestant on "Run for your Life"

For the last couple years, Seahawks keeping us company on the bottom of the league for offensive points and yards.

Can you help me understand why this guy is worth a former pro bowl RB + a pick with that background?

There are experienced OL from teams with scary-good lines already available....is he the bright lamp in a dim room or something?

Are you confused about this line in the OP? The Bills send Lynch to Seattle and Seattle sends Buffalo Locklear and a 3rd round 2011 pick that could become a 2nd round pick with Lynch performance clauses.

Locklear is actually probably one of the reasons Hasselbeck has been in "Run for your life" mode for the past couple years. But in a different way than you are thinking. When they played in the Super Bowl (2005-06 season), he was the starting RT. That was his 2nd year in the league, and he started all 16 games. Since then, the injury bug has bitten him pretty hard; he has only started 16 once more, in 2007. He missed 5 games/6 starts in 2006 with an ankle injury , 4 games/5 starts in 2008 with a toe/foot issues and 6 games/6 starts last season, once again with an ankle injury.

WHEN he's healthy, Locklear is still a reliable starter at RT. It may just be like TJ Houshmandzadeh. His career isn't necessarily over, he may just not be the best fit for what Pete Carroll is trying to do out in the Emerald City. Perhaps they see new acquisition Stacy Andrews as a better fit for whatever blocking scheme they are running in the new offense, as opposed to what Holmgren ran for the majority of his career.

Are you confused about this line in the OP? The Bills send Lynch to Seattle and Seattle sends Buffalo Locklear and a 3rd round 2011 pick that could become a 2nd round pick with Lynch performance clauses.

Yes, actually, Thanks for clarifying. But that's minor - just makes it look less like a bust

What I'd really like clarity on is why trade for a player being cut by a team near the bottom for offense last 2 seasons.

Conventional wisdom puts a lot of that on the line. I haven't seen the Seahawks play much; the line hasn't looked strong when I have seen them.

Is Locklear the Shining Star of the dim room?

We need help, why not go after a guy being cut from team with a scary-strong line?

2010 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.

Grade: 72 | Key

Comment: Locklear has been a starting tackle for the Seahawks for five of his previous six seasons and has lined up on both the right and left side. He is a better fit as a right tackle as he lacks top lateral range in pass protection, but he is athletic and can make the initial kick step to get out and pick up the edge rusher. He is more of a finesse blocker than a powerful road grader but does have enough sand to hunker down and bow up against the bull rusher. He shows body control and balance when sliding with the pass-rusher and adjusting to counter moves and does a good job of using his hands to control and steer opponents on by the pocket. He could use more strength and bulk in his lower body for drive blocks and does not always show as much aggressiveness in his blocking as you'd like to see.

Sounds like it would be a great pickup to me. :thumbsup:

Locklear is actually probably one of the reasons Hasselbeck has been in "Run for your life" mode for the past couple years. But in a different way than you are thinking. When they played in the Super Bowl (2005-06 season), he was the starting RT. That was his 2nd year in the league, and he started all 16 games. Since then, the injury bug has bitten him pretty hard; he has only started 16 once more, in 2007. He missed 5 games/6 starts in 2006 with an ankle injury , 4 games/5 starts in 2008 with a toe/foot issues and 6 games/6 starts last season, once again with an ankle injury.

WHEN he's healthy, Locklear is still a reliable starter at RT. It may just be like TJ Houshmandzadeh. His career isn't necessarily over, he may just not be the best fit for what Pete Carroll is trying to do out in the Emerald City. Perhaps they see new acquisition Stacy Andrews as a better fit for whatever blocking scheme they are running in the new offense, as opposed to what Holmgren ran for the majority of his career.

OK, so he's been the "missing lamp" in the dim room due to injury, and maybe he could come back and be a strong contributor to someone's line.

There are a couple other lineman in that category who are being cut -

Why would we want to trade Lynch to find out if this guy has learned how to stay healthy?

• 4 weeks later...

By the way, I also see that Seattle released OT/OG Mansfield Wrotto today. He's only 25 and has started a handful of games already, plus he's got the versatility to play Tackle or Guard. But here's the kicker, he was a Gailey recruit at Georgia Tech. I wouldnt be surprised to see a guy like Cary Harris or John McCargo get kicked to the curb tomorrow and we end up claiming him.

Good call!