Bills should claim Max Jean-Gilles

Maddog69

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They did not get the Stacy Andrews trade in to the league before 6 so they cut Jean-Gilles and want to resign him tomorrow.

Buffalo should do a waiver claim or sign him to a long term deal today. Very good interior OL

Our problem on the OL isn't the interior.

Our problem on the OL isn't the interior.

As far as depth it is. As for Jean-Gilles, you have to wonder if there is some type of under the table deal made with the Eagles for them to cut him. Perhaps the promise of an extension or raise. I would think he could be signed by another team, but a starting job would likely have to be promised, and he wouldn't get that here.

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

As far as depth it is. As for Jean-Gilles, you have to wonder if there is some type of under the table deal made with the Eagles for them to cut him. Perhaps the promise of an extension or raise. I would think he could be signed by another team, but a starting job would likely have to be promised, and he wouldn't get that here.

I think, since he is under contract, he would be on waivers. If we claim him, he has to come here, right?

They did not get the Stacy Andrews trade in to the league before 6 so they cut Jean-Gilles and want to resign him tomorrow.

Buffalo should do a waiver claim or sign him to a long term deal today. Very good interior OL

I'm not as up as I could be on all this waiver vs. release stuff, but as a 4 year vet does a waiver claim even apply here?

We can try to sign him if we really want to, we have to persuade him we're better for him than Philly

Good luck with that

Why is it that people on here think we must sign every FA guard available?

WE NEED TACKLES, NOT GUARDS... FOR **** SAKES!

I'm sorry for the blow up, but I'm getting sick of these threads. We need tackles. We don't need guards. At all. Our interior OL is in good shape.

How many bsck up tackles did we keep? How many back up guards or centers? There is the concern.

I think, since he is under contract, he would be on waivers. If we claim him, he has to come here, right?

"Since Max is a vested veteran, he does not have to clear waivers and is free to talk to other teams."

http://philly.sbnation.com/2010/9/4/1670183/eagles-roster-cuts-max-jean-gilles

I'm sorry for the blow up, but I'm getting sick of these threads. We need tackles. We don't need guards. At all. Our interior OL is in good shape.

True, at a starting level they could use an upgrade, however there aren't a ton of OTs out there available. Also, their interior o-line depth starts and ends with an undrafted rookie free agent.

You know, this isn't my strong suit, but I found this explanation:

http://www.ninersnation.com/2010/9/3/1666936/waiver-wire-explained-also-pup-ir

Jean-Gilles was drafted in 2006. He needs 4 accrued seasons to be a free agent rather than go through waivers

But... according to http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JeanMa20.htm he first played in 2007, and only 4 games

I think you need 6 games to count as an accrued season?

So maybe he could be claimed off waivers?

My understanding is off waivers the team with the worst record gets him (if multiple teams claim) and yeah, he can go to that team or quit football.

You need to relax. You also need to look at the roster. We have Hangartner, Levitre and Wood as the starters inside. Backed up by Cordaro Howard and that's it. Wang can also cover inside but he's still not healthy. I'm no rocket scientist but that lineup doesn't look rock solid to me. I agree that we could use tackles, but the interior of the line is also a concern.

Why do people suggest we go after Guards? I think it is pretty clear - we have one guy backing us up there, and one of our guys is coming off a very serious injury. I think we need to have someone who can play center in there - so I think we'll see someone added in the next few days who is either a center, or C/G. Pittsburgh let a guy go who would fit... I've seen a handful of guys listed that could come in here and be upgrades to our O-line situation, so yeah, we should look at who's available.

You need to relax. You also need to look at the roster. We have Hangartner, Levitre and Wood as the starters inside. Backed up by Cordaro Howard and that's it. Wang can also cover inside but he's still not healthy. I'm no rocket scientist but that lineup doesn't look rock solid to me. I agree that we could use tackles, but the interior of the line is also a concern.

Good post, we need depth because injuries will happen...I must confess about don't know much about the Max.

Edited by mpl6876

Why do people suggest we go after Guards? I think it is pretty clear - we have one guy backing us up there, and one of our guys is coming off a very serious injury. I think we need to have someone who can play center in there - so I think we'll see someone added in the next few days who is either a center, or C/G. Pittsburgh let a guy go who would fit... I've seen a handful of guys listed that could come in here and be upgrades to our O-line situation, so yeah, we should look at who's available.

Gailey said today that Wood and Levitre have both taken reps at C in practice.

You know, this isn't my strong suit, but I found this explanation:

http://www.ninersnation.com/2010/9/3/1666936/waiver-wire-explained-also-pup-ir

Jean-Gilles was drafted in 2006. He needs 4 accrued seasons to be a free agent rather than go through waivers

But... according to http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JeanMa20.htm he first played in 2007, and only 4 games

I think you need 6 games to count as an accrued season?

So maybe he could be claimed off waivers?

My understanding is off waivers the team with the worst record gets him (if multiple teams claim) and yeah, he can go to that team or quit football.

An Eagles fan in another forum explained to me that MJG isn't subject to waivers, because he's going into his 5th year. Players who get cut during this part of the season with 4 or less years of experience are subject to waivers. Once you get to your 5th year, you become a UFA.