The Bills Should Trade for Giants Backup Rhett Bomar***

Dr. Zaius

The 2nd year kid has a lot of talent & is better than anyone on our roster. I smell a "sleeper". I say trade for Bomar before the rest of the league figures out how good he is. Thoughts? Look up this kid's story. He's strong armed & tough, a real diamond in the rough. I've got a feeling this guy will end up a star.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2nd year kid has a lot of talent & is better than anyone on our roster. I smell a "sleeper". I say trade for Bomar before the rest of the league figures out how good he is. Thoughts? Look up this kid's story. He's strong armed & tough, a real diamond in the rough. I've got a feeling this guy will end up a star.

No thank you:thumbdown:

Re: Bomar. I could be wrong, but I'm not. Do some homework on the guy, ace. This guy is a future star. Wait & see.

Are YOU Rhett Bomar? I feel like you're ready to hand me your resume! If he is so good, why are the Giants going to cut him? I HAVE heard about this guy. He left OU b/c of Bradford. Thats what we want? A guy who doesn't want to compete for a job?

BTW, since you have crystal ball, ACE, could you tell me what the lottery numbers are for Saturday? You may not be wrong but as of right now, you are not right!

I say, why not? Our QBs are horrid and would not start on any other team in the NFL according to the outcome of a poll I ran on this board. Bomar was awesome back at OU. Had he played there throughout college we may very well never heard of Sam Bradford. Bomar could be that diamond in the rough.

One thing is for certain - none of our QBs has proven jack and offer us nothing more than subpar results.

Good thought Dr. Z, I'm willing to give this kid a good look see.

I say, why not? Our QBs are horrid and would not start on any other team in the NFL according to the outcome of a poll I ran on this board. Bomar was awesome back at OU. Had he played there throughout college we may very well never heard of Sam Bradford. Bomar could be that diamond in the rough.

One thing is for certain - none of our QBs has proven jack and offer us nothing more than subpar results.

Good thought Dr. Z, I'm willing to give this kid a good look see.

:w00t:

Are YOU Rhett Bomar? I feel like you're ready to hand me your resume! If he is so good, why are the Giants going to cut him? I HAVE heard about this guy. He left OU b/c of Bradford. Thats what we want? A guy who doesn't want to compete for a job?

BTW, since you have crystal ball, ACE, could you tell me what the lottery numbers are for Saturday? You may not be wrong but as of right now, you are not right!

Wrong,deuce, he left OU because he was getting a paycheck from a car dealership, and wasn't actually putting in any work. The dealership happened to be a major donor to the program. We was suspended by the NCAA, so Stoops cut him. Bradford would not have played his Freshman year if Bomar was there.

Anyway, I'm not necessarily saying he is the answer in our situation, but he played well for the few minutes I watched him the other night. I can't remember who the giants were against. He will make it somewhere in the league.

Edited by Buffalokie

Wrong,deuce, he left OU because he was getting a paycheck from a car dealership, and wasn't actually putting in any work. The dealership happened to be a major donor to the program. We was suspended by the NCAA, so Stoops cut him. Bradford would not have played his Freshman year if Bomar was there.

Anyway, I'm not necessarily saying he is the answer in our situation, but he played well for the few minutes I watched him the other night. I can't remember who the giants were against. He will make it somewhere in the league.

I say the opposite. The Giants need and experienced backup to Eli in case he gets hurt that can manage a game. I say they shoul dtrade for Fitz!!!

Well done! How can the guy say he's heard of Bomar and not know anything about him??

Anyway---this kid looks solid. No way Giants give him up. Why on earth would they be looking to trade him?

Well done! How can the guy say he's heard of Bomar and not know anything about him??

Anyway---this kid looks solid. No way Giants give him up. Why on earth would they be looking to trade him?

I hope you are wrong, because Bomar would be an instant upgrade over our lackluster QB corp.

I hope you are wrong, because Bomar would be an instant upgrade over our lackluster QB corp.

I've been watching Bomar on the NFL channel vs. the Patriots. Midway through the third quarter he's 6 for 12 for 73 yards and 3 points. It's possible he's having an off night, but based on these stats, I'd be hard-pressed to call him an upgrade.

He also appears to throw sidearm. In a world of 6'5" behemoths on the defensive line, I'd be concerned about that if I were his coach. As for trading for him? No way would I give up a warm body or a draft choice. If he's available in the off-season, it might be worth taking a flyer on the guy, signing him for the minimum and seeing what he does in training camp.

I'm not a regular poster here, but as an Oklahoma fan I thought I'd share a few thoughts on Bomar.

I saw all his games his freshman year at Oklahoma. While it's fair to say he was raw and probably wasn't ready to take over the team, he never showed he was the No.4 prospect in the country, either. He was fast and could run, but he was a 50 percent passer most of the year. He was a complete numbskull at protecting the ball--he fumbled four times at UCLA, for instance--and was so bad early in the season, Stoops didn't dare let him throw a ball in the entire second half of his second game against a patsy Tulsa team.

The big knock on Bomar as the year wore on was that he wasn't all that committed to the film room or listening to instruction. Stoops had to turn off the aerial circus that year because Bomar, otherwise, would have thrown away several more games (he almost lost to Baylor in OT, at Norman). Bomar was such a disappointment not because he got booted off the team, but because the guy wasted all the blue-chip talent he had around him: Adrian Petersen, Malcolm Kelly, Manuel Johnson and Juaqin Iglesias.

His last game was a perfect ending to his career as a Sooner: while running out the clock on Oregon in the Holiday Bowl, Bomar got an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty by spiking the ball after the kneel-down. OU had to hike it one more time from their half-yard line. Stoops was so pissed he almost made Bomar walk home to Norman.

Edited by Cripes

He didn't leave because of Bradford. He got put out because of a job he got paid for in the summer where he didn't actually do any work.

Is this the first board you posted this on? cause i swear the exact same thing was on another board and also failed.

Nope, and beware of new members with names of country and western singers. Kind of a multiposter/personality deal going on with this guy.

I'm not a regular poster here, but as an Oklahoma fan I thought I'd share a few thoughts on Bomar.

I saw all his games his freshman year at Oklahoma. While it's fair to say he was raw and probably wasn't ready to take over the team, he never showed he was the No.4 prospect in the country, either. He was fast and could run, but he was a 50 percent passer most of the year. He was a complete numbskull at protecting the ball--he fumbled four times at UCLA, for instance--and was so bad early in the season, Stoops didn't dare let him throw a ball in the entire second half of his second game against a patsy Tulsa team.

The big knock on Bomar as the year wore on was that he wasn't all that committed to the film room or listening to instruction. Stoops had to turn off the aerial circus that year because Bomar, otherwise, would have thrown away several more games (he almost lost to Baylor in OT, at Norman). Bomar was such a disappointment not because he got booted off the team, but because the guy wasted all the blue-chip talent he had around him: Adrian Petersen, Malcolm Kelly, Manuel Johnson and Juaqin Iglesias.

His last game was a perfect ending to his career as a Sooner: while running out the clock on Oregon in the Holiday Bowl, Bomar got an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty by spiking the ball after the kneel-down. OU had to hike it one more time from their half-yard line. Stoops was so pissed he almost made Bomar walk home to Norman.

Interesting observations and insights.

thanks