Jason Peters In Philly

BreezeMafia

I know another topic was created discussing JP. If this is redundant, sorry.

To all you Bills fans, be happy. Since JP left Buffalo, he has not looked like the same player the Bills had in late 06, 07 and majority of 08. JP looks a lot less of the talented left tackle the Eagles thought they were getting, and I think the Eagles are starting to realize it.

I like to think that come draft time, very rarely will (32 organizations) X (7 rounds) of drafting will miss on an un-drafted free agent. There are reasons why a player is not thought of highly enough to be included in a teams draft. Who knows, maybe the knock on JP coming out of college was a very bad attitude, one that is unmotivated when he gets what he wants. He got his money now he could careless about taking the next step in his career and being the leader the Eagles desparately need.

To all you Bills fans, be happy. Since JP left Buffalo, he has not looked like the same player the Bills had in late 06, 07 and majority of 08. JP looks a lot less of the talented left tackle the Eagles thought they were getting, and I think the Eagles are starting to realize it.

I like to think that come draft time, very rarely will (32 organizations) X (7 rounds) of drafting will miss on an un-drafted free agent. There are reasons why a player is not thought of highly enough to be included in a teams draft. Who knows, maybe the knock on JP coming out of college was a very bad attitude, one that is unmotivated when he gets what he wants. He got his money now he could careless about taking the next step in his career and being the leader the Eagles desparately need.

He was kinda without a position coming out. He was big but not athletic enough to be play TE, his position in college. But was an unknown as an offensive lineman and would take alot of time to find out. He also scored a 9 on his wonderlic, perhaps adding to the notion that he would not be able to handle a position change or an NFL playbook.

He is the most over-rated left tackle in the NFL. He gives up way too many sacks, and is penalized too much to be considered an "elite" left tackle. Plus he is very injury prone.

He was kinda without a position coming out. He was big but not athletic enough to be play TE, his position in college. But was an unknown as an offensive lineman and would take alot of time to find out. He also scored a 9 on his wonderlic, perhaps adding to the notion that he would not be able to handle a position change or an NFL playbook.

A big knock on him out of college was that he refused to play tackle, which scared teams off because they didn't think he could cut it at tight end.

My understanding is that his coaches at Arkansas also hoped to move him to tackle but he refused.

I thought the first Pro bowl he played in may have been warranted but the second one, if you go to the bowl on your play that year the people had blinders on !!! I believe he's another ex Bills player that thinks he a legend in his own mind .

Too that is why i like the way Gailey & Nix are building this team ,with draft picks and UDFA's that always feel they need to prove their worth to the team .

No huge ego's or paychecks that can go against team first, except maybe one that i can think of .

A big knock on him out of college was that he refused to play tackle, which scared teams off because they didn't think he could cut it at tight end.

My understanding is that his coaches at Arkansas also hoped to move him to tackle but he refused.

I don't recall him refusing to play tackle. Just that he had never played the position before (although TE can be considered a 6th lineman), and since he wasn't an NFL prospect at TE, he really had no proven position.

Peters is uber-gifted but lazy and dumb.

Let's not kid ourselves: The Bills would be WAY better off with him than without him but they were not dumb enough to come close to offering him the $11 million he's not worth.

The Bills were 28th in scoring and 30th in yards last year, while they were 23rd in points and 25th in yards in 2008. That's not "WAY" better, and there were numerous other reasons for the offensive ineptitude last year outside of Peters being gone.

eric wood > jason peters...

by dumping the man the bills wasted three years developing, they received a sixth and a fourth rounder and an immediate starter who was better as a rookie than peters was as a sixth year vet, and a young rock to build the foundation of a very solid offensive line. thanks, you prima donna oversized brown marsmallow

the majority of 08? He sucked most of the season...allowed a league high 11.5 sacks and clearly had no interest in playing that season

strange considering that he was known as quite the character while he was with the Bills, always cutting up with Dockery and what not. guess he's learning that with that money comes expectations and pressure, and the change of team means having to make friends all over again. careful what you wish for, Jason.

(although who am i kidding, id sacrifice a few coworker friends for $11mil/year)

One of Peters problem is that he seems convinced that bigger is better- he's been playing at 350+ and I don't care if that is fat or muscle it's too heavy and leads to his second problem injury- Peters should get down to 325 or less- in fact in todays age where 90% of the edge rushers are under 270 I see no reason for a 6,4 tackle to be more than 310