GAMEDAY Live Stream for ALL NFL games this season

I think you are probably onto something:

http://forums.buyscripts.in/template-modifications/2584-offer-your-own-toolbar-your-site-make-money.html

and

http://buyscripts.in/make-money.html

I simply won't install this sort of stuff. I just don't trust it. I'll live with replays on NFL.com rather than compromise the security of my computer.

That's absolutely your choice not to install, and understandable.

Before installing I googled vshare and checked it out the sites offering it with McAfee. I saw no red flags or negative reviews.

I considered it an acceptable risk based on the data. Scans afterwards showed no problem (oh, and I found the toolbar. it appears innocuous)

As far as I can tell on the scripts/menus thing, the idea is to advertise to make money. Many of my favorite blogs do this. Alert the media.

I think they might make about enough to pay for the webhosting, but if the blogger makes a little $$ it really doesn't bother me, provided it doesn't start with the annoying popups.

Discloser: I am NOT associated with the vshare guy in any way, I just don't want to see a pig pile of negativity on someone providing a service some of us value.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Before installing I googled vshare and checked it out the sites offering it with McAfee. I saw no red flags or negative reviews.

I considered it an acceptable risk based on the data. Scans afterwards showed no problem (oh, and I found the toolbar. it appears innocuous)

As far as I can tell on the scripts/menus thing, the idea is to advertise to make money. Many of my favorite blogs do this. Alert the media.

I think they might make about enough to pay for the webhosting, but if the blogger makes a little $$ it really doesn't bother me, provided it doesn't start with the annoying popups.

Discloser: I am NOT associated with the vshare guy in any way, I just don't want to see a pig pile of negativity on someone providing a service some of us value.

You are probably correct. I do tend to be conservative with my installations of software. It probably is safe, but anti-virus/anti-malware programs are ALWAYS in catch-up mode in terms of combating new threats, so it's just something to be cognizant of and something to not let your guard down too much about.

Edit: I think SDS's main point was less about the safety of it and more about someone profiting by it. I personally don't have a big problem with someone profiting by something like this, but if that's the case, it should at least be openly admitted.

Edited by ChasBB

Guest dog14787

Good post/points and ATDHE.Net is just one of many sites providing links. The reason I don't believe any money is being made is I went to the site itself(bookmarked) and clicked on the link and still had to download the toolbar.

The issue is that there is no apparent reason that download was needed - at all. It certainly didn't contain some magical video enabling technology that allowed you to see the game. It was put there for superfluous reasons and I suspect it is a crap way for this guy to make money.

The fact he did not answer your direct question is almost certainly rationally taken as an admission that your guess of a cash motivation was correct.

There is nothing wrong with making cash in this world, so IMHO,

1. The failure of the poster to answer the question or simply converse publicly on the issue make a pretty strong case that this poster is providing this tool not as member of the TSW community (and even TSW family in many cases) but as the an attempt to make a nickel.

2. Though there is nothing wrong with that act in and of itself, it is a pretty craven act somewhere on a scale from bad form to this person has a problem with insufficient sexual organ size that at least shows him to be pretty pathetic as a person.

3. While there is nothing wrong with making a nickel, his/her failure to respond/interact increases the possibility that there is some malicious intent here and that the embedded software is designed with the intent of ability of the software maker to harm or take advantage of users. If this is in fact so, many thanks are deserved to SDS and the diligent folks who are scouring this data to find any trap door.

Even more to the case, while SDS and the learned crew deserve praise, the software maker and this user do not really deserve any thanks that they have been given and in fact deserve to be considered at least as pathetic excuses for people, If this was done for money (but the moneymaker will not fess up) they richly deserve our disdain and if those thinking through this issue find a way to deny the ultimate producer the financial benefit advertising this site and getting eyeballs to watch it so they can sell the eyeballs they deserve that as well.

If someone wanted to organize a boycott of one of the seeming cash sources for the site, this strikes me as a legit response and the key to making it effective is to let these vendors know you saw there product thanks to use of this site and it had the negative impact of hurting your potential to buy their products.

Perhaps the original poster to this site is failing to reply publicly simply because they are too busy feeding the poor to take time to respond!!!

Na doubtful.

Instead then if nothing malicious can be found, perhaps they are in essence a tagger using this graffiti to declare their importance.

If so then let that person know they have declared their impotency rather than their intended declaration of computer power and knowledge.

It silly (though from my perspective not wrong) if they are doing this to simply make more nickels, If however, they simply fail to respond to even admit reality this is really a pathetic excuse for a human being.

Guest dog14787

The fact he did not answer your direct question is almost certainly rationally taken as an admission that your guess of a cash motivation was correct.

There is nothing wrong with making cash in this world, so IMHO,

1. The failure of the poster to answer the question or simply converse publicly on the issue make a pretty strong case that this poster is providing this tool not as member of the TSW community (and even TSW family in many cases) but as the an attempt to make a nickel.

2. Though there is nothing wrong with that act in and of itself, it is a pretty craven act somewhere on a scale from bad form to this person has a problem with insufficient sexual organ size that at least shows him to be pretty pathetic as a person.

3. While there is nothing wrong with making a nickel, his/her failure to respond/interact increases the possibility that there is some malicious intent here and that the embedded software is designed with the intent of ability of the software maker to harm or take advantage of users. If this is in fact so, many thanks are deserved to SDS and the diligent folks who are scouring this data to find any trap door.

Even more to the case, while SDS and the learned crew deserve praise, the software maker and this user do not really deserve any thanks that they have been given and in fact deserve to be considered at least as pathetic excuses for people, If this was done for money (but the moneymaker will not fess up) they richly deserve our disdain and if those thinking through this issue find a way to deny the ultimate producer the financial benefit advertising this site and getting eyeballs to watch it so they can sell the eyeballs they deserve that as well.

If someone wanted to organize a boycott of one of the seeming cash sources for the site, this strikes me as a legit response and the key to making it effective is to let these vendors know you saw there product thanks to use of this site and it had the negative impact of hurting your potential to buy their products.

Perhaps the original poster to this site is failing to reply publicly simply because they are too busy feeding the poor to take time to respond!!!

Na doubtful.

Instead then if nothing malicious can be found, perhaps they are in essence a tagger using this graffiti to declare their importance.

If so then let that person know they have declared their impotency rather than their intended declaration of computer power and knowledge.

It silly (though from my perspective not wrong) if they are doing this to simply make more nickels, If however, they simply fail to respond to even admit reality this is really a pathetic excuse for a human being.

Did Mellman post a response because I don't see one :unsure:

Note: also clicking on the direct link I don't think would provide any type of counter that would directly be traced back to the provider.

Deano would probably be the best person to advise folks(and SDS) about the situation which may come up again, but if it gets to be a problem SDS will have no choice but to put a stop to posting/advertising links I would imagine.

I'm assuming Proper channels have to be gone through to advertise on TSW and If anyone makes a buck, first and formost it should be SDS in my opinion.

Edited by dog14787

Edit: I think SDS's main point was less about the safety of it and more about someone profiting by it. I personally don't have a big problem with someone profiting by something like this, but if that's the case, it should at least be openly admitted.

No. I am concerned about safety, annoyance, and possibly the deceptive way the money is made, which is why I asked for an explanation. I don't care if the guy asks/requires a paypal donation or if you buy him his favorite movie off his Amazon gift list.

But these downloads that have little explanation associated with them bug me and I want full disclosure if he is going to solicit his services here.

Did Mellman post a response because I don't see one :unsure:

not yet he didn't, I wonder how long he has?

Note: also clicking on the direct link I don't think would provide any type of counter that would directly be traced back to the provider.

I don't see how he could get credit for it either so that would indicate he isn't making money, if there was mal ware in it my computer did see it

Deano would probably be the best person to advise folks(and SDS) about the situation which may come up again, but if it gets to be a problem SDS will have no choice but to put a stop to posting/advertising links I would imagine.

might be kind of a copyright issue w/ the league as well

I'm assuming Proper channels have to be gone through to advertise on TSW and If anyone makes a buck, first and formost it should be SDS in my opinion.

I really hope SDS is making something! I love this place

For anyone who cares about copyright law, viruses, or wants a clean stream to all the games, DirecTV is offering its NFL Ticket online to everyone for the first time this year. $350 for all the games streamed live to your PC. You do not need the DirecTV dish (which is good, if like me, you can't get DirecTV where you live).

I have done the streaming thing before for DirecTV and it's amazingly good. Not as good as watching in HD, but almost never cuts out and quality is good. Better than the B&W TV I used to watch in 1978.

DirecTV starts offering this for sale on Sept 8. Here's the link.

Edited by Peace

So what's the deal with this V-share and bing thing? I had downloaded the thing to watch the live feed, shut it down at half time but now my firefox automatically goes to bing as my homepage and a little v-share icon at the top left.

No. I am concerned about safety, annoyance, and possibly the deceptive way the money is made, which is why I asked for an explanation. I don't care if the guy asks/requires a paypal donation or if you buy him his favorite movie off his Amazon gift list.

But these downloads that have little explanation associated with them bug me and I want full disclosure if he is going to solicit his services here.

My apologies -- thanks for clarifying concerns -- agree with all.

So what's the deal with this V-share and bing thing? I had downloaded the thing to watch the live feed, shut it down at half time but now my firefox automatically goes to bing as my homepage and a little v-share icon at the top left.

This is EXACTLY why I am against these types of installs.

Just go to your preferences and change the url's back to what they should be.

Thanks for all the thanks for posting the game on live stream last night. I will post every link to every game on Sunday morning for you all this season! Do enjoy!

For those who want to watch them on tv. Run a SD or VGA from the computer to your TV and PRESTO!!!! Enjoy the game right on your tv set!

I registered for this site just to thank you for getting us the game, Saturday. That was terrific!

I look forward to your future links as well.

Thanks, Again.

Dick

Guest dog14787

Ok. Thanks for the reply.

The bing/tool bar might be a little harder to get rid of, I used system restore and went back a day, but its probably not the most recommended way of removal.

Seems more of a nuisance then any real threat to me however as I say Deano would probably be the one to ask for advice when in doubt. As I posted early, the annoyance could be part of the reason you won't have your stream/link cut off mid way through the game because in essence its being paid for through advertisements/usage of Bing,

I run Avira on my computer and always feel very well protected now thanks to Dean's recommendations.

Edited by dog14787

The bing might be a little harder to get rid of, I used system restore and went back a day, but its probably not the most recommended way of removal.

Seems more of a nuisance then any real threat to me however as I say Deano would probably be the one to ask for advice when in doubt. As I posted early, the annoyance could be part of the reason you won't have your stream/link cut off mid way through the game because in essence its being paid for through advertisements/usage of Bing,

I run Avira on my computer and always feel very well protected now thanks to Dean's recommendations.

Could I just uninstall firefox and then reinstall it new?

Guest dog14787

Did you go up to tools and look under add ons to see if you can remove it there?

I used system restore but never thought to look at my add ons. Im my opinion reinstalling firefox would also remove it, but that's just my opinion and I'm probably not the best person to ask.(might come right back on the reboot)

All your bookmarks and preferences would be lost.(unless you have another search engine with duplicate bookmarks, IE for instance)

Edited by dog14787

Wow, I truly have heard everything. If you are so concerned about safety issues, or about some guy making a couple of bucks providing a service for the game, here is an idea. Stop being such cheap-skates and stop breaking the NFL review / rebroadcast laws in order to watch the game. Then get off your a** and either spend the $10 for a couple of drinks down at a bar to watch the game, or shell out the cash for NFL Sunday ticket.

Sorry, but the higher than thow safety concerns and outrage at some guy from outside the Bills Community rings pretty hollow when people here are consipiring to illegally pirate the game feed so they can avoid any type of activity in our economy.

Edited by tonyd19

The bing/tool bar might be a little harder to get rid of, I used system restore and went back a day, but its probably not the most recommended way of removal.

If you have a PC, just go to Control Panel, then Add/Remove Programs, and Uninstall V-Share Toolbar...

I didn't like the idea of installing garbage toolbars either, but it seemed to be harmless and uninstalled easily after the game.