Cornell Green is awful!!!!!!!

After watching the first three preseason games, I have been consistently disgusted with the play of Cornell Green at RT. The guy is possibly the worst run blocker I have ever seen, and he isn't much better at pass blocking. He gets pushed around like a little B word, and pass rushers run past him like he is standing still. He looks like a fool out there. Is this guy really going to be our starting RT come week one? I have a hard time believing that Chan really thinks that this is the best we can do at this position. I would rather see Meredith, or dare I say it, Chambers starting in his place. Something has to be done about this. SERENITY NOW!!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only watched in the second game where he looked ho-hum below average- but I know Raider Fans thought that Walker was a much better OT than Green so I've never expected Green to be anything other than a journeyman OT. If he truly stinks I'm guessing Calloway and Merdith will get a shot.

After watching the first three preseason games, I have been consistently disgusted with the play of Cornell Green at RT. The guy is possibly the worst run blocker I have ever seen, and he isn't much better at pass blocking. He gets pushed around like a little B word, and pass rushers run past him like he is standing still. He looks like a fool out there. Is this guy really going to be our starting RT come week one? I have a hard time believing that Chan really thinks that this is the best we can do at this position. I would rather see Meredith, or dare I say it, Chambers starting in his place. Something has to be done about this. SERENITY NOW!!!

It's funny at the time of the signing there were those who actually praised the acquisition.

I've only watched in the second game where he looked ho-hum below average- but I know Raider Fans thought that Walker was a much better OT than Green so I've never expected Green to be anything other than a journeyman OT. If he truly stinks I'm guessing Calloway and Merdith will get a shot.

Too bad they stink too.

I don't think Green even played in the first game. He played only a limited amount in the second.

He played yesterday and after a bad start he held up ok. Number 68 on Cinci was schooling him for awhile.

Our tackles are below par and the offensive play calling is going to have to compensate for that. Sad thing is Green is still way better than Chambers. Meredith has not challenged Green for the job as of yet.

It is what it is unfortunately.

you saw Green play in the first game? That is quite a trick.

It's funny at the time of the signing there were those who actually praised the acquisition.

I think most people praised it as a depth move. Either way, this team needed tackles.

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

I think most people praised it as a depth move. Either way, this team needed tackles.

Most people knew at the salary he was given he was signed as the starter, which was bad news given the reviews coming out of Oakland. Of course, the standby excuse for those who loved this move was that Oakland sucks. Somehow I think they'll wind up with a better record than us this year though. Now that we've seen Green in action right here in Buffalo I think those that bemoaned this move have been vindicated.

Edited by HurlyBurly51

This is exactly the type of signing I'm talking about when I dog the Bills.

Bennie Andersen, Tutan Reyes, Melvin Fowler, and now this clown.

EVERY time I read we sign one of these guys, I go to check out news and commentary from the newspapers/Board of the team they just left.

In EVERY case the word is that the guy absolutely sucks and they're scratching their head as to how he signed with another NFL team.

I'm just sick and tired of this nonsense. What about Jamaal Brown? He's 4 years younger than Cornell. Why couldn't we get a competent, NFL-caliber player JUST ONCE.

This is exactly the type of signing I'm talking about when I dog the Bills.

Bennie Andersen, Tutan Reyes, Melvin Fowler, and now this clown.

EVERY time I read we sign one of these guys, I go to check out news and commentary from the newspapers/Board of the team they just left.

In EVERY case the word is that the guy absolutely sucks and they're scratching their head as to how he signed with another NFL team.

I'm just sick and tired of this nonsense. What about Jamaal Brown? He's 4 years younger than Cornell. Why couldn't we get a competent, NFL-caliber player JUST ONCE.

I agree. Last offseasn the FOs top target on the FA market was Hangartner. He only went on to be the worst starting C in the league. When your TOP FA TARGET is the WORST AT HIS POSITION IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE, you are severely lacking....

Another mind boggler was signing dockery to a 7 yr 49 million dollar contract with 18 guarenteed, when the consensous top FA guard that season was Eric Stienbach, who recieved a 7 yr, 49.5 million dollar contract with onyl 17 guarenteed. WhWhat were they thinking? We all know Dockery sucked and was cut, and Stienbach is still a quality player on the Browns. WTF?

Edited by Thoner7

Everyone said the Bills were nuts for signing him when they did!!

I agree. Last offseasn the FOs top target on the FA market was Hangartner. He only went on to be the worst starting C in the league. When your TOP FA TARGET is the WORST AT HIS POSITION IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE, you are severely lacking....

Another mind boggler was signing dockery to a 7 yr 49 million dollar contract with 18 guarenteed, when the consensous top FA guard that season was Eric Stienbach, who recieved a 7 yr, 49.5 million dollar contract with onyl 17 guarenteed. WhWhat were they thinking? We all know Dockery sucked and was cut, and Stienbach is still a quality player on the Browns. WTF?

However he was still better than Fowler and Preston. So what does that say?

However he was still better than Fowler and Preston. So what does that say?

Even having gotten rid of John Guy, the Bills F.O. still has not clue about picking

Pro Personnel?

Guy was the college scout, who's the pro scout?