Tony Washington

I didn't read the article, but didn't the Cowboys pick the kid up as an UDFA?

If he's available I just cannot believe we haven't given the kid a shot. He was considered a potential 1st round talent, and with the absence of any really proven talent at tackle, the kid would probably be an instant starter for us at RT, and maybe be ready for LT duties in a year. Sure, he made that mistake, but I'm pretty sure he'd not do anything again, having faced the shame of it this long and hard, I'd bet he'd be a positive influence for the other guys.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been saying for months that this guy is being blackballed by the commish and deserves a tryout at least. That was an amazing article, thanks for the read

I didn't read the article, but didn't the Cowboys pick the kid up as an UDFA?

If he's available I just cannot believe we haven't given the kid a shot. He was considered a potential 1st round talent, and with the absence of any really proven talent at tackle, the kid would probably be an instant starter for us at RT, and maybe be ready for LT duties in a year. Sure, he made that mistake, but I'm pretty sure he'd not do anything again, having faced the shame of it this long and hard, I'd bet he'd be a positive influence for the other guys.

You should read the article

Nice article.

I read about him a couple of weeks ago (an article not half this good) and wondered the same thing as Kelly. Why doesn't someone (the Bills?) give this guy a shot? He's a victim here, too.

His father left the family and his mother worked 2 jobs to make ends meet. The poor guy had virtually no parental guidance. It's a disgrace the league is shunning him.

Is this the same board that shunned Cody for not eating healthy while he was abandoned by father and mom worked two jobs?

I get he had a rough time growing up, but if you are going to play him the victim- wheres the line? He slept with his 15 year old sister. What is the minimum crime that deserves condemnation in that situation? Drugs? Assualt? What if it was statutory rape instead of incest?

is he a monster? Probably not, but would you stake your name or reputation on him if you were an NFL gm? Theres no promise he will amount to anything but he could ruin your career depending on how the media and locals play it.

Is this the same board that shunned Cody for not eating healthy while he was abandoned by father and mom worked two jobs?

I get he had a rough time growing up, but if you are going to play him the victim- wheres the line? He slept with his 15 year old sister. What is the minimum crime that deserves condemnation in that situation? Drugs? Assualt? What if it was statutory rape instead of incest?

is he a monster? Probably not, but would you stake your name or reputation on him if you were an NFL gm? Theres no promise he will amount to anything but he could ruin your career depending on how the media and locals play it.

How bout the cops not charging him as an adult, so he will have a chance at a real life. Thats not asking too much now is it? But they didnt do that, instead they interrogated a minor for 4 hrs without a parent or lawyer, mislead her, then charged another minor as an adult, afflicting him with a charge and stigma that will never cease to follow him.

As stated in that article, His psych e v a l came back clean, and even pointed to him being a leader, not a sociopath (Vick). If anybody deserves at least a legit tryout, this is the guy.

How bout the cops not charging him as an adult, so he will have a chance at a real life. Thats not asking too much now is it? But they didnt do that, instead they interrogated a minor for 4 hrs without a parent or lawyer, mislead her, then charged another minor as an adult, afflicting him with a charge and stigma that will never cease to follow him.

As stated in that article, His psych e v a l came back clean, and even pointed to him being a leader, not a sociopath (Vick). If anybody deserves at least a legit tryout, this is the guy.

I'm trying to make two points:

1) the people making excuses, I don't agree with. I don't care how the police found out in this conversation. We are debating what he did, which he's admitted to it happening. I know NOPD is awful, I don't need that lecture. Doesn't mean he didn't do it.

2) I never said he shouldn't get a tryout, I'm saying I get why no one is giving it to him. Very different things.

I'm trying to make two points:

1) the people making excuses, I don't agree with. I don't care how the police found out in this conversation. We are debating what he did, which he's admitted to it happening. I know NOPD is awful, I don't need that lecture. Doesn't mean he didn't do it.

2) I never said he shouldn't get a tryout, I'm saying I get why no one is giving it to him. Very different things.

and Im saying that THIS COMMISIONER should go out of his way to give him an opportunity.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Wow, you gotta feel for him more so for the lack of guidance. I mean what he did as far as age goes isn't pedophilia. His sister might have actually been the one to iniate said sexual contact, as the article stated, as she was selling herself on the street at the time as well. I am generally not a fan of coddling sex offenders, but this is an exception in my book. I do not see why he should have to be excluded from living 1000 ft from schools and parks. Hopefully somebody gives the poor guy a chance.

I think there is racism involved. There are lesbian sisters that I have seen on TV a few times. I don't see charges pursued against them. Two good looking lesbian sisters get good air time, and one big black man gets blackballed and is forced to register as a sex offender.

Edited by Pete

I think there is racism involved. There are lesbian sisters that I have seen on TV a few times. I don't see charges pursued against them. Two good looking lesbian sisters get good air time, and one big black man gets blackballed and is forced to register as a sex offender.

Solid. Let's get them on the JILLS!

Wow, you gotta feel for him more so for the lack of guidance. I mean what he did as far as age goes isn't pedophilia. His sister might have actually been the one to iniate said sexual contact, as the article stated, as she was selling herself on the street at the time as well. I am generally not a fan of coddling sex offenders, but this is an exception in my book. I do not see why he should have to be excluded from living 1000 ft from schools and parks. Hopefully somebody gives the poor guy a chance.

If your going to skew it as his prostitute sister possibly taking advantage of him, couldn't you just as easily say he forced himself on her and was perhaps the cause of her devious sexual behavior in the future? Thats one of the things I don't get, is it just cause we need a LT that he gets a pass? What if he were a 2nd round RB talent? Also, at what level of sex offense do we draw the line in the sand? If she was 12 but not related? 10 and his sister? He lived an awful life but can anyone say he didn't realize it was wrong? Maybe he didn't know it was illegal, but theres no way he didn't know it was very taboo and very deviant at the very least.

Also to the commissioner comment -- what should he do? Mandate a tryout?

Thanks for posting. This guy is getting a bum rap. He went to one of the most conservative Christian schools in the nation and was find there, passed psychological tests, etc. It's only the weakness of certain NFL owners (Ralph included) that is keeping this guy from playing. And given the awful state of our line, its absurd that we have not signed him or given him a tryout.

Edited by RyanC883

I wont pretend to know finer points of the law - especially in several different states. I also wouldn't say with any confidence that those are real sisters. I will say the primary argument for incest laws is genetic defects, not racial profiling.

Sad story and a waste of talent. I hope the best for him, unless you kill someone or do something just as sick (and listening to this story it really doesn't sound like it qualifies), no way your life should be ruined by stuff you do when you are 16. Being a 12 year old in a 16 year olds body isn't usually the kids fault but our society won't give flyers on this stuff, which I understand but he shouldn't have been tried as an adult in any case.

I think the going over the boarder would be a issue, does anyone know for sure?

I would be for it if the Bills gave him a call (although I think there may be a lot of Chinese who would be pissed if he was good as a LT but maybe one of them could slide to RT).

Thanks for posting the story.

No body here shunned cody. There were a lot of people that didn't want us to draft him. But no here said Cody shouldn't be allowed to play in the nfl, shouldn't be allowed to tryout on any team, and should be blacklisted for life. The two situations are completly different.

I don't know what the minimum crime should be for condemation. But there are so many players that do things a hundred times worse and are repeat offenders and they actually hurt people. This guy didn't hurt anyone, it happened when he was a kid, and there have been no other issues since then.

There is very minimal risk. What would a GM be afraid of what he will do? Is he going to run back and start banging his sister? Is that what you are afraid of? Because I don't see any indication of him doing that. He has no violent history and no history of drug abuse. Right there he is better than a third of this league. The only reason why this is such a big deal is because incest is a huge taboo that is very hard to understand, because in our culture, it is creepy as hell and not many people do it.