Where does Buffalo Rank in NFL attendence?

Lets see how good you really are?

#18 you say?

#28, small market you know?

Okay, #30........... Maybe there is a case for moving the team! :blink:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/year/2009

Lets face it, we were all wrong! Pay close attention to the teams listed below Buffalo!

Edited by DIE HARD 1967

They maybe 10th and actually that's a little lower than I thought, but they also have probably the cheapest seats in the NFL. SO revenue overall will be lower.

i think it is a tribute to the people of WNY, plain and simple! if all the naysayers want to come forward and offer up the predictable " what else is there to do in buffalo?", or " attendance doesnt mean that it is going be a viable market" , let them come forth. buffalo is a football town, great tradition, great fans. the pub about the team, the region, fans , etc, has stopped because of the p-ss-poor product the last 10 years, but it should just fire up the base even more, we are buffalo bills fans, we take sh-t continuously , but we are here and we wont give in! i defy any player that has played for the bills since the inception of the ralph , to say that there isnt a special feeling when you are coming out of that tunnel before kickoff, that kind of stuff is what built the NFL, just a shame we have to keep defending ourselves, our team, our town.

Edited by dwight in philly

Add 72,000 to 490,000 (562,000) and where are the Bills? #3 !! Ours is based on 7 games and the rest is 8 GO BILLS!!

Comparing attendance is apples vs bananas. Look at % of capacity. Bills are at 95.9% which is good but ranks at #22. (How does Dallas get 112%?) 10 years with no playoffs and we still fill the dump!

PTR

Dallas sells Standing Only.... No Seats just a view

Add 72,000 to 490,000 (562,000) and where are the Bills? #3 !! Ours is based on 7 games and the rest is 8 GO BILLS!!

That doesn't address Promo's point regarding percentage of capacity.

Speaking of which, I thought we would be higher on % of capacity until you factor in the numerous meaningless November and December home games that are on our schedule.

Bad weather+bad team+Holiday expenditures=mediocre late season attendance.

In road attendance we play to 92.4% of capacity for 26th place…so obviously the Bills are not a huge draw on the road.

But, for last year, the defending NFC Champion Arizona Cardinals and the high-octane Houston Texans drew a smaller road percentage than did our Bills.

Anyways, it's an interesting database. Thanks for posting, Die Hard.

Comparing attendance is apples vs bananas. Look at % of capacity. Bills are at 95.9% which is good but ranks at #22. (How does Dallas get 112%?) 10 years with no playoffs and we still fill the dump!

PTR

Dallas has a combination of both flexible seating and standing room only decks. There is a fixed number of seats that must be sold to lift the NFL blackout. The seats which are normally set up about two inches apart around the stadium can be squeezed together to add capacity above this. Standing room areas are also counted as "above" the sellout number and if seating is not sold out NFL blackout applies even if standing capacity lifts total attendance over.

I took a tour of the stadium and hated it. Sight lines leave you believing you are a mile from the field. You would have to be an idiot to come for the standing room decks. If you are not on the front row or very tall you will see nothing. I took the tour to say I was there but will never go back. Not to mention I hate the Cowboys.

That doesn't address Promo's point regarding percentage of capacity.

Speaking of which, I thought we would be higher on % of capacity until you factor in the numerous meaningless November and December home games that are on our schedule.

Bad weather+bad team+Holiday expenditures=mediocre late season attendance.

In road attendance we play to 92.4% of capacity for 26th place…so obviously the Bills are not a huge draw on the road.

But, for last year, the defending NFC Champion Arizona Cardinals and the high-octane Houston Texans drew a smaller road percentage than did our Bills.

Anyways, it's an interesting database. Thanks for posting, Die Hard.

To Promo's point they seel standing only tickets That was my first post. Sorry you missed that in my post the new board moves things around...

Math fail. Add 72000 and the Bills are still #10.

9 Houston 564,864

Edited by Peace

PTR

This is a good point. The Bills sell out and have a relatively large stadium. Why would anyone think theyr wouldn't be near the top in home attendance?

Lets see how good you really are?

#18 you say?

#28, small market you know?

Okay, #30........... Maybe there is a case for moving the team! :blink:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/year/2009

Lets face it, we were all wrong! Pay close attention to the teams listed below Buffalo!

The Bills rank 15th in average attendance on the road and 12th overall, not too bad at all. The Bills do not sell SRO tickets, so it's difficult to guage % of capacity against teams that do...

Edited by ricojes