WEEK 1 STARTERS

Fitzmagic

QB: Edwards

RB: Spiller, Bell, Simpson, Lynch (questionable), Jackson (out)

TE: Stupar, Foschi

FB: McIntyre

WR: Evans (WR1), Johnson (WR2), Parrish (slot)

LT: Bell

LG: Levitre

C: Hangman

RG: Wood

RT: Green

NT: Williams

DE: Stroud, Edwards

MLB: Poz, Davis, Mitchell (passing downs)

OLB: Kelsay, Ellis, Maybin (passing downs)

CB: McGee, McKelvin, Florence (nickel)

SS: Donte Whitner

FS: George Wilson

K: Lindell

P: Moorman

Morning boredom :rolleyes:

Edited by Rust Belt Brotherhood

I'd say that was pretty spot on, except I have a feeling Meredith might end up replacing Green at RT, especially if he keeps sh$tting the bed. I thought he looked pretty bad. And he almost got Trent killed on that one play against the Colts..

Edited by smuvtalker

I'd say that was pretty spot on, except I have a feeling Meredith might end up replacing Green at RT, especially if he keeps sh$tting the bed. I thought he looked pretty bad. And he almost got Trent killed on that one play against the Colts..

I'll give Green a chance. He did look slow - especially in pass protection... but I hope we run all over Miami week 1.

You've solved our offensive problems! 15 starters on offense will give us a fighting chance! (j/k)

I think you've got the offense nailed with the possible exception of RB. We'll have to see how Lynch progresses. I hope Bell gets plenty of carries against opposing 1s in the next 2 games (really the next game since starters play little if at all the final preseason game)

Defensively I don't thing McCorner has unseated Florence. I'd give Drayton the nod at CB.

You've solved our offensive problems! 15 starters on offense will give us a fighting chance! (j/k)

I think you've got the offense nailed with the possible exception of RB. We'll have to see how Lynch progresses. I hope Bell gets plenty of carries against opposing 1s in the next 2 games (really the next game since starters play little if at all the final preseason game)

Defensively I don't thing McCorner has unseated Florence. I'd give Drayton the nod at CB.

Thank you! I hope to god Florence starts although I did list McKelvin there.

Thank you! I hope to god Florence starts although I did list McKelvin there.

Why? McKelvin was our first round pick just two years ago, showed unbelievable big play ability, led the NFL in kick returns and steadily improved his coverage skills as a rookie, played in just one game last before getting hurt, is fully healthy this year and looked AMAZING in his first preseason start. Yet you're hoping to the creator of the universe that a journeyman (albeit a solid journeyman) starts over him? Got it.

Why? McKelvin was our first round pick just two years ago, showed unbelievable big play ability, led the NFL in kick returns and steadily improved his coverage skills as a rookie, played in just one game last before getting hurt, is fully healthy this year and looked AMAZING in his first preseason start. Yet you're hoping to the creator of the universe that a journeyman (albeit a solid journeyman) starts over him? Got it.

I thought Florence earned himself the job in training camp and his play last year. I also believe Florence was rated a top corner last year. I'll try and find the link.

That lineup doesn't exactly inspire confidence. It's probably not even as good as the one they started last year with (Johnson vs TO, Ellis vs Schobel). I would say that the only clear upgrade is Spiller. The key to the season will be Edwards. If Gailey can get him turned around then the Bills will be OK, otherwise they are sunk.

Just as a random side not that probably doesn't belong in this thread: I watched the replay of the Cowboys - Chargers game on NFLN last night and was studying Philip Rivers. He is less mobile than Edwards and has an slower release as well, but he gets the ball out of there quickly, decisively and accurately. Dallas has a pretty tough pass rush and they were definitely getting through the SD OL, especially the OLBs, but not only didn't they get many sacks, San Diego completed most of their passes against them and moved the ball rather easily. I couldn't help but think that Edwards would get crushed in the same situation due to his indecisiveness (fear?). Gailey has a lot of work to do for him to be a championship caliber QB.

Cant make up my mind if WR2 will be Jackson or Johnson. I'd put Tarbor in at OLB over Ellis if he is healthy.

I agree with everything except for RB,CB. If Lynch is ready he will start but Spiller will see plenty of action.

Florence will start but same thing with McKelvin, he will see plenty of snaps in the nickle.

I thought Florence earned himself the job in training camp and his play last year. I also believe Florence was rated a top corner last year. I'll try and find the link.

I Agree.

Metz, I would love McKelvin to start, as well, but Florence has just plain out played him. It doesn't mean McKelvin has problems, just that Florence has showed up.

That lineup doesn't exactly inspire confidence. It's probably not even as good as the one they started last year with (Johnson vs TO, Ellis vs Schobel). I would say that the only clear upgrade is Spiller. The key to the season will be Edwards. If Gailey can get him turned around then the Bills will be OK, otherwise they are sunk.

Just as a random side not that probably doesn't belong in this thread: I watched the replay of the Cowboys - Chargers game on NFLN last night and was studying Philip Rivers. He is less mobile than Edwards and has an slower release as well, but he gets the ball out of there quickly, decisively and accurately. Dallas has a pretty tough pass rush and they were definitely getting through the SD OL, especially the OLBs, but not only didn't they get many sacks, San Diego completed most of their passes against them and moved the ball rather easily. I couldn't help but think that Edwards would get crushed in the same situation due to his indecisiveness (fear?). Gailey has a lot of work to do for him to be a championship caliber QB.

I can think of 3 QB's in todays league I'd take ahead of Rivers, none if I'd need to keep him for a while. He is very good. I am a bit surprised about the observation of a slow release. He always struck me as having a Marino like quick release... He is definitely a guy you'd like to see on the home town team...