Buffalo reaction to a superbowl

Fitzmagic

1. Where would you watch the game if the Bills were in the Superbowl?

2. If the Bills won the Superbowl - in which district of Buffalo would the most rioting occur?

3. Would the city of Buffalo be the same ever again?

I would like to hear your opinions!

Edited by Rust Belt Brotherhood

1. Organize a group of my 100-200 closest friends and rent out a bar downtown

2. After the victory, we would march down delaware and storm niagara square

3. Would wake up naked on the skyway as it is the only structure still standing in the greater buffalo area

3. Would wake up naked on the skyway as it is the only structure still standing in the greater buffalo area

I'd be in the car on the way to WNY as soon as the game ended.

Here's a GREAT idea - tailgate at the Ralph BUT... set up "drive in" esque screens in EVERY lot. This might be the biggest party ever.

2. If the Bills won the Superbowl - in which district of Buffalo would the most rioting occur?

If I wasn't already tailgating - I'd probably be running around downtown around the chip strip. I'm sure downtown would be thriving on this night - all bars open, etc...

I think it would be a GREAT offseason with the press and such... but I like being an underdog. I think Buffalo would get a bit cocky afterwards.

1. At home, by myself, with a giant HD screen. (I would be too stressed out to watch with others) Maybe another person or two would be there.

2. I'm guessing the scene at Niagara Square would be something we'd never forget.

3. Yes. It would be uplifting at first, but eventually everyone would start all the "there's nothing going on here/politics hold back this city/blah blah blah" attitude that keeps the city/region down.

Here's a GREAT idea - tailgate at the Ralph BUT... set up "drive in" esque screens in EVERY lot. This might be the biggest party ever.

IF I were to watch with a group, this might be the way to go.

Edited by BuffaloATL

1. At home, by myself, with a giant HD screen. (I would be too stressed out to watch with others) Maybe another person or two would be there.

I feel ya. I had a party for the last superbowl. It was my first appartment and my Dad and I were the only Bills fans. We were way outnumbered by Dallas fans - loud, annoying Dallas fans - by a large margin. I wanted to shoot some mutha-%$#&-uhs before it was over.

Sidenote: Two of my buddies from that day, the two most obnoxious cow turds in the bunch, have been in prison now for most of their adult lives. Dallas scum. I hate em.

2. I'm guessing the scene at Niagara Square would be something we'd never forget.

3. Yes. It would be uplifting at first, but eventually everyone would start all the "there's nothing going on here/politics hold back this city/blah blah blah" attitude that keeps the city/region down.

IF I were to watch with a group, this might be the way to go.

I know for a fact that Buffalo would have a "Thursday @ the Square" type event set up in Buffalo at Niagara Square. For the out of towers:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_sMyjweWI36k/S_lotXldupI/AAAAAAAAANQ/32PJnbdDhYk/s1600/db080605_02.jpg

1. I'd try to buy tickets to the Superbowl for me & the family. If not, I'd have to travel up to Buffalo for the game.

2. If anything happens, it would be in downtown. IMO, I don't think you'd see any rioting going on, just a ton of celebrating.

3. It would bring up morale in the city and add more excitement.

I'd definitely travel back to Buffalo for the Superbowl parade.

Edited by Jerry Jabber

1) with a group of fans and if lucky enough to score a ticket at the game

2) Likely downtown

3) 18 months later - yes

I think Buffalo, and the entire sporting world would say not a thing.

Stunned silence. in. awe. It would eclipse the Miracle On Ice.

You see, Buffalo would enter the Superbowl as massive underdogs against an absolute juggernaut of an NFC team...

...and in righting all the wrongs of the last decade, pull out the win in the last second.

I like the idea of the "drive in," but how about a huge 4-sided screen in the stadium, and let the season ticket holders go watch the game there...Somebody could have mine, because I am going. Period. Cost be damned. If the Bills go to a Super Bowl, I am not missing a second. I go to the Ralph for every home game, and travel to away games if I can. If we are going to play the biggest game in football...I am there.

Oddly enough, this gets me all fired up, like we are close...

I like the idea of the "drive in," but how about a huge 4-sided screen in the stadium, and let the season ticket holders go watch the game there...Somebody could have mine, because I am going. Period. Cost be damned. If the Bills go to a Super Bowl, I am not missing a second. I go to the Ralph for every home game, and travel to away games if I can. If we are going to play the biggest game in football...I am there.

Oddly enough, this gets me all fired up, like we are close...

I would probably attend also - would be a terrible ride/flight home if we lost though...

I would be there in person with my kid brothers come hell or high water

Who knows where the rioting would occur, my guess is Niagra Square

The city of Buffalo would never be the same....

1) I'd probably watch it from a friend's house

2) Most of the rioting would be downtown. Most of the rioters would be from South Buffalo

3) It would do more for Buffalo than winning the world cup did for South Africa (I rented Invictus this past weekend)